Deleted

Demon hunter weapons

HI

I was wondering what is best and how damage is calculated. Right now I am dual wielding 1h crossbows, but noticed if I replaced the OH crossbow with a quiver it was only -1.3 damage even though the crossbow has 20dps on it and the quiver doesn´t have any DPS stat. Currently the 2 crossbows have about 20dps on them each, but I am wondering if a 2h with 22dps + a quiver would be better.

So what is best?

2x 1 handed crossbows

2 hander crossbow + quiver

2 handed bow + quiver

Any ideas?

The quiver factors in that +10% attack speed and any other stats it may have on it. If the end result gives you higher DPS, that'll be reflected on your character sheet. Unlike in World of Warcraft, you can trust the tooltips when they say "Your damage will go up if you equip this."

Note you don't shoot both 1h crossbows at once; that's why your damage isn't higher. If you only have one crossbow on plus a quiver, you'll shoot your one crossbow almost as fast as you were shooting your two crossbows. I believe the attack speed bonus for dual wielding is 15%.

Simply put, use a quiver if it's better, use an offhand crossbow if it's better. The damage stat won't lie to you.

Deleted
    Ye, so far at lvl 29 it has pretty much been using a quiver. Haven´t yet found an instance where DW 1H is better. Currently at 508.86 damage and 399Dex at lvl 29. I destroy anything I even come close to.

But thanks for the tips

DW crossbows are only better if the damage is like the exact same from what I've been told. Quivers give a base 10% attack speed, but DWing apparently gives 15%.

Personally, I feel like I'm hitting faster with a quiver, and have been using a quiver since I started nightmare. Just finished hell, still prefer the quiver/1hander over DWing. Tried it a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since going DW around level 15, I've yet to find a 2H + quiver combo that gives me better damage. I'm 28 now. Could just be the gear I'm seeing. I'm not in love with either, I'll use whatever gives me the most damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Since going DW around level 15, I've yet to find a 2H + quiver combo that gives me better damage. I'm 28 now. Could just be the gear I'm seeing. I'm not in love with either, I'll use whatever gives me the most damage.
    That was my point (I think), I have yet to find a DW combination with more damage that 1h/quiver. Not sure if it's just not showing on the character sheet or what, but if the stats are the same it SHOULD be an increase unless your quiver is amazing.
    Perhaps it's just not balanced correctly.

Deleted
    I'm not really sure there is a best choice, at least during leveling because it is all about the items you have access to. I've exchanged my style a couple of times, like e.g. when clearing my way to the Butcher in Act I, I ran mostly with a 2h bow. However, was lucky with drops and got two really good 1h crossbows, which together amounted for more damage than my previous 1h + quiver. Then again, I've later looted a 2h that was better than my two crossbows combined, and later looted a 1h + quiver again that was better than my previous 2h.

D3 actually has a pretty complicated itemization, where several factors, like attack speed increase, bonus damage, or primary stats can all put you over what you're currently using, and the process continues basically as long as you're level. At end game, it might change though, when you can definitely look at all the best gear available and calculate which is better but during leveling, the definition of "best" is very variable.

Personally, I've started favoring dw'ing 1h crossbow, simply because they look badass and I like the increase rate of fire, which comes really handy after normal difficulty, when stuff don't necessarily don't just fall apart anymore and the ability to fire faster is more valuable than firing slower and more powerful shots. Just my personal preference ofc, and in groups, I might actually favor a 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Personally, I've started favoring dw'ing 1h crossbow, simply because they look badass and I like the increase rate of fire, which comes really handy after normal difficulty, when stuff don't necessarily don't just fall apart anymore and the ability to fire faster is more valuable than firing slower and more powerful shots. Just my personal preference ofc, and in groups, I might actually favor a 2h.
    That's the thing that people have been pointing out, though. DW crossbows doesn't seem to have much of an increased rate of fire over a 1hander + quiver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That's the thing that people have been pointing out, though. DW crossbows doesn't seem to have much of an increased rate of fire over a 1hander + quiver.
    I think there is a difference actually. Can't say any numbers but it certainly feels like DW has a higher rate of fire. You can discern it simply by looking at yourself firing.

I think there is a difference actually. Can't say any numbers but it certainly feels like DW has a higher rate of fire. You can discern it simply by looking at yourself firing.
    It's 5% assuming your quiver is exactly 10%.. which isn't exactly easy to see 'simply by looking'.
    The only way it would be faster than 15% (minus the 10% the quiver has) is if both weapons had +attack speed.. but the exact same thing can be said in the quivers favor, as you can get a quiver with + attack speed as one of the rolls and it just shows as more % on the base attack speed.

Deleted
    What about the fact that 1-handers usually have much lower minimum damage? Doesn't this mean that your abilities sometimes hit for almost nothing?

I've gone for 2-hander + quiv, because of the more stable damage. But don't know if this is actually how it works? ^^

And GZ on 3k posts Delias !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's 5% assuming your quiver is exactly 10%.. which isn't exactly easy to see 'simply by looking'.
    A poor choice of words perhaps, but it is discernible and at least personally, also feel it when fighting packs of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibsgaard View Post
    What about the fact that 1-handers usually have much lower minimum damage? Doesn't this mean that your abilities sometimes hit for almost nothing?
    It all depends on the exact itemization that you've chosen. Heck, you could have a 1h + magic teaspoon and still beat the dps of a 2h weapon if the two are itemized correctly. Like I said before, D3's itemization is a lot more varied and complicated than e.g. WoWs. Item size and shape doesn't play a huge role, at least as far as I can see, and is also an aspect I like very much. For example, you could see a wizard wearing a shield and not feel at all out of place.

I guess you get a +15% ias for DWing. But then you have to factor in both speeds as you alternate attacking with each weapon. http://www.osirisguide.com/diablo-3-dual-wield-guide/