Thread: Blood Fear Nerf

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Fear Nerf

Wheres that damn list of the nerfs that has happened to fear...

I don't understand why there needs to be a 5 second cooldown. It already cost 10% of our health, we cant cast it on multiple targets.

Why bother with the 5 sec CD?

Also getting rid of the glyph of howl of terror seems strange. Especially when it is replace by a glyph that is completely pointless.

You in a previous post argued that the best race for a warlock was orc because of "humongous shoulders", yet complain about a "useless" aesthetic glyph.
    Sorry but I find that rather amusing.
    Picking a race based on looks and criticising of a glyph which removes eye-candy.

Because it's instant.

The idea of new talents are not to replace existing spells but to rework their utility.
    Some comps and specs you'll want to use normal fear, some others will find find CD instant fear more useful.

If it was instant and cooldownless you wouldn't have much a choice but to pick that, how would that be fun. (ignoring how op it would be able to spam a resourceless CC whenever a healer in on your side).

blood fear either needs to cost 10% life or have a 5 second cooldown. not both, double punishing us for using one of our most used spells in pvp is seriously retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    blood fear either needs to cost 10% life or have a 5 second cooldown. not both, double punishing us for using one of our most used spells in pvp is seriously retarded.
    Punished? You are not forced to take Blood Fear, pick something else and cast the fear you love.

If you want blood fear, you'll have a cooldown and a cost, but a huge benefit. You are not being punished, you are being rewarded what you chose.

Or what, you think it's fun to yell at your healer "Hey bro keep me up" use it 4 times on a healer trying to get a cast off and decimate it because even a 1 sec fear interrupts? That's broken, there's a reason interrupts are 15sec cd on MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You in a previous post argued that the best race for a warlock was orc because of "humongous shoulders", yet complain about a "useless" aesthetic glyph.
    Sorry but I find that rather amusing.
    Picking a race based on looks and criticising of a glyph which removes eye-candy.
    I picked Orc for the 5% pet damage bonus, If you are refering to THIS thread, the title cleary states "For Looks."

I am not complaining about a useless aesthetic glyph. I love them! My demo build will be having my felguard using Armageddon as I leave a trail of fire across the water. My issue is that they removed a glyph that can be very helpful. If they had bumped the HoT glyph to the crowded ass major category I would of had no problem because it was in line with the whole major=combat minor=aesthetic. But they didn't(haven't)

If it was instant and cooldownless you wouldn't have much a choice but to pick that, how would that be fun. (ignoring how op it would be able to spam a resourceless CC whenever a healer in on your sid
    Who are you able spam fear on more then 3 times? Lets same you did, but then they are immune and you without a CC and without a healer you are now at 30% less health. not to mention all the trinkets, abilities, stance, and the damage thatstill break fear. In most situations your target will 'trinket" outta the first fear, leaving you to have to cast another blood fear. Now you have 20% less health and you finally were able to fear the dude.

On top of that you can only fear 1 target at a time. So if you did decide to spam it on multiple targets you really would not gain anything but a 1.5 second reprieve from one of multiple enemies beating on you.

Edit: I agree with you we are not being punished. The 10% health is a cost. But I don't like your example, a healer and a dps should be able to kill a single healer. The game isn't balanced around 2v1...

As far as I can see on Wowhead, the health cost for talent spells (Blood Fear; Unbound Will) has been removed in the previous build two days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is likely the reason why it's getting a cd. Not only healers but your own healing capababilities + you'll get Rejuv from Symbiosis.

I don't see the reason to keep the health cost though. An instant Fear on a short cd seems boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah health cost probably should go down.

They removed the health cost completely a build or two ago. Putting a 5 sec cd on it is fine, it's still instant cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They removed the health cost completely a build or two ago. Putting a 5 sec cd on it is fine, it's still instant cast.
    With that I am fine with. I never saw the health cost in the patch notes.]

Thanks for the info.

Wowhead's tooltips SAY that Blood Fear, Unbound Will and Life Tap have had their health costs removed... BUT on the Beta they all still cost health and the tooltips reflect that. That's most likely just an error made by Wowhead.

Whether this new incoming build will change that isn't known, however if they were going to change it would have been datamined and listed on MMO-C by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wowhead's tooltips SAY that Blood Fear, Unbound Will and Life Tap have had their health costs removed... BUT on the Beta they all still cost health and the tooltips reflect that. That's most likely just an error made by Wowhead.

Whether this new incoming build will change that isn't known, however if they were going to change it would have been datamined and listed on MMO-C by now.
    Ah, hadn't checked ingame yet. Though I do believe the servers went down a little while ago for patching. Guess we'll see later.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I have to say is Spell Reflection...

It deserves the 5sec CD AND hp cost.

since if you have a pocket healer, being able to spam off constant fears, instantly whilst having your Hp topped up all the time would reak of imbalance.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    cd seems fine to be honest

Made by dubbelbasse

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Instant, Maybe that's why in most cases? It's very powerful

5 seconds is even negligible for how much it brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    It deserves the 5sec CD AND hp cost.

since if you have a pocket healer, being able to spam off constant fears, instantly whilst having your Hp topped up all the time would reak of imbalance.
    It's still subject to DR.

And not everyone has a pocket healer handy any time they want.

>.>

<.<

*cough*

I need more friends who play often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking this spell also has the additional cost of precluding you from using Burning Rush or Unbound Will, both of which are potentially very powerful/useful abilities.