Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxblack View Post
    /sigh

.... even before d3... blizzard has really kind of gone to the toilet, bugs are still ingame, servers unreliable, never hear valid help from support...

I've been planning on going to GW2 when it comes out... but maybe I'll just go to tera
    Bye.. don't let the door hit you on the bum on the way out. See you again soon when Tera/GW2/<insert other random promised WoW-Killer> fails to live up to the hype and come back... ENJOY!

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quirex View Post
    Indeed Battle.net is down, both the US and EU.
    Though I can log on to WoW... (I live in EU)
    It wasn't down... Just your computer couldn't resolve the host name because the DNS server that is the authorative host of Blizzards domains (cerf.net) became inaccessible . Battle.net is and was always still up all morning. Just your computer lost it's address and it's way of finding it's address. You could still log into WoW before your computers DNS cache still had the address cached or your ISP's DNS server still had it cached.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Blizzards been hacked.
    no it wasn't, now go away Chicken Little. I'm sure the sky is falling somewhere.

Deleted
    i experienced no problems today, had a lot of problems logging in yesterday though

Deleted
    aaaaand there back down again... well at least the us forums are :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is working fine for me, so are the live servers. Is this restricted to just the US ?

Deleted
    and there go the EU forums ;P

Forums are down again!!!!! I am logged into WoW but can anyone log in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    aaaaand there back down again... well at least the us forums are :/
    Yeah I can't get on the website/forums either, which is why I am here. I think I will just wait until much later and try again. Boo. I'm at work so not sure about the actual games, but I can't access the website.

Deleted
    aaannnnnd back up....

Me thinks there gonna be going up and down like a yo-yo for tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming time credit on our wow accounts.

Not that I'm directly asking for it, but this is actually the kind of situation where Blizzard will probably say 'yeah our bad, here's a few free days'. It's happened before.

What I wonder is how this happened... wasn't D3 in development for 12 years? How did they miss the line of code that was gonna cause the whole system to collapse as soon as they turned it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    Incoming time credit on our wow accounts.

Not that I'm directly asking for it, but this is actually the kind of situation where Blizzard will probably say 'yeah our bad, here's a few free days'. It's happened before.

What I wonder is how this happened... wasn't D3 in development for 12 years? How did they miss the line of code that was gonna cause the whole system to collapse as soon as they turned it on?
    Last I heard it was a DNS failure...which isnt caused by a faulty line of code.(I thinks...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeps going up and down. They must be pissed over at Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    You think guys could be a Hack attack? =S

I'm unable to log on either or view the forums. My husband was able to get into Diablo 3 on our connection but neither of us can connect to WoW, SC2 or battle.net.

Does Blizzard use AT&T at all? I just got an email at work stating we should expect issues because AT&T has some problems., something about DNS.

edit - here's the email from work

This morning beginning at 8:54 AM CST for approximately one hour we experienced issues with AT&T, our external DNS (Domain Name Service) provider. The outage affected the following:

-all external facing *DELETED* websites and servers. This means internal applications that use the internet were slow or unusable.
    -we were unable to receive external email in Lotus Notes and on BlackBerry hand-helds
    -the *DELETED*.com website and other related external websites were not accessible
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-05-18 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/#!/Nethaera

Nethaera‏@Nethaera

We are currently working with our service providers to resolve an accessibility issue. We will update at approximately 10:00 a.m. PDT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Does Blizzard use AT&T at all? I just got an email at work stating we should expect issues because AT&T has some problems., something about DNS.

This morning beginning at 8:54 AM CST for approximately one hour we experienced issues with AT&T, our external DNS (Domain Name Service) provider. The outage affected the following:

-all external facing *DELETED* websites and servers. This means internal applications that use the internet were slow or unusable.
    -we were unable to receive external email in Lotus Notes and on BlackBerry hand-helds
    -the *DELETED*.com website and other related external websites were not accessible
    Not sure. We work primarily with AT&T at our market centers and I haven't seen anything today about warnings regarding DNS issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

cerf.net is AT&T.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    cerf.net is AT&T.
    Jup cerfnet is a sister from AT&T i guess you could call it that. And those are having a lot of problems today. So expect more issues.