Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirakh View Post
    Softcore people talking about damage, cute.
    Hardcore has been and always will be the biggest joke of the Diablo series.

At least with the the online DRM in place... who in their right minds would play an hardcore character when it could die at any moment because of reasons beyond their control?

I finished Normal at lvl 33 on my Monk and I have the following passive stats with Mantra of Evasion turned on:

50% mitigation
    30% dodge
    80% magic find

600 DPS
    3,300 Health

Been sticking to +dex/mf/vit items, with +dmg where I can (neck, rings, weapons).
    Don't underestimate the effect of rubies in weapon sockets or +dmg ring/necks. Your DPS boost amplifies due to primary stat multipliers.

To each their own, some people love the rush you get from it and the agony of losing their character either doesn't phase them much or convinces them to try again. Personally, hardcore is not for me.

I personally did not like Demon Hunter so much, felt much too weird/clunky, at the lower levels anyway. Barbarian however, man those guys can pack a punch/take a beating. On that topic however, i'm wondering if anyone knows whether Frenzy is a single target or AoE spell? The tooltip seems a little vague to me, and Cleave seems to be the best option at the moment, especially with the run that makes dead mobs explode and harm those around them. AoE slaughterfest

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    At least with the the online DRM in place... who in their right minds would play an hardcore character when it could die at any moment because of reasons beyond their control?
    What you fail to realize is that there's one ability in hardcore that's extremely importable. All classes have this same ability and it's so important it's bound to an easy to reach, often used key.

The key it's bound to is the "Esc" key and the ability is called "pause". The second you start to feel the slightly latency/lag you better use this ability and hope that when you shut it off that your lag is gone.

Seriously though, your point is valid and I really hope my ISP doesn't take a shit in the middle of some crazy ass elite/champ pack because that would be pretty goddamn frustrating.