Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Death Note was good up until they killed a "certain" character off.. then it went to complete shit. I'd definitely add the first 25 or so episodes of Death Note to a must watch list.. as well as FMA: Brotherhood. And of course Samurai Champloo obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I don't trust anybody that has Naruto and Bleach in their recommendations. I wish there was more stuff like Monster (my fav) and Code Geass, Elfen Lied, hell even Death Note works for me but I can't stand silly anime's and that's the vast majority. (And yes I know some of the anime I listed aren't exactly serious but they take themselves seriously and they have a dark/mature slant that I like.)
    So anything you personally do not like is a waste? I, myself much prefer series that are silly and fun over those who toss a bunch of violence and nudity in just to be more "serious" without any real substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So anything you personally do not like is a waste? I, myself much prefer series that are silly and fun over those who toss a bunch of violence and nudity in just to be more "serious" without any real substance.
    I couldn't agree more, if no one liked these animes they would've stopped airing eras ago (and before saying that Bleach has stopped airing it did for a different reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Naruto is terrible and One Piece has been on for far too long for someone to just jump into.
    I dunno... last summer I'd watch 3-5 episodes a day on average and I caught up... I honestly don't think it's that hard to get into.

Hate on me if you wish, but I'd say Zatch Bell, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, and D-Gray Man. Yeah I like Shounen... WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should watch Fate/Zero, good balance between action and story.

Or Code Geass, it's great as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Rosario Vampire :P

Nah srsly, I forgot its name (someone maybe knows it?) its about these kids in a jail/funpark and they have special powers that allows there blood to turn into weapons. Was pretty awesome
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6880/Deadman_Wonderland

to OP:

Anyhow, instead of one person recommending you, i kind of advice you to go to a website and search for anime yourself and just read the summary and look into some reviews of some people for that specific anime. for example, you could visit www.myanimelist.net -> Top Anime and you'll have an anime list that's infinite or something lol, it'll probably take you many years to truly have seen everything you desire from their list. If you register there you'll be able to make a profile and an animelist tracker where you can personally track your personal progress.

Here's mine; http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sagapwns although i might not have the same taste as you in anime but i've seen from girly animes to horror to pure action to slice of life, anything really. so to make a long story short, you should take the top anime list of MAL (MyAnimelist.net) and just read summarys of anime that peak your interest.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Sanji; 2012-05-29 at 08:14 AM. Reason: "to OP:"
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bobobo Bo Bobobo and Excel Saga are pretty amazing.

Trigun's a nice short one too.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Why recommend something that you dont like in a thread that wants to you recommend good series ? Sure a Lada might be a fun car, but its still a piece of crap compared to normal one ergo i would not recommend the car to someone else.

Gun grave and Hunter X hunter might be easy to get into.. and if you like HxH you can always keep reading the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Why recommend something that you dont like in a thread that wants to you recommend good series ? Sure a Lada might be a fun car, but its still a piece of crap compared to normal one ergo i would not recommend the car to someone else.

Gun grave and Hunter X hunter might be easy to get into.. and if you like HxH you can always keep reading the manga.
    You don't have to like it for it to be well acclaimed. If everyone else likes a show besides Skelington, such as Shiki, and the OP wants a something about vampires then he won't just disregard it. The person he's recommending to might like it. You should keep in mind genres and how successful an animu is, regardless of personal taste or even whether or not you've yet to watch it.

Gurren Laggan
    Fairy Tail(not "serious" but pretty cool)
    Elfen Lied
    Claymore
    Heroic Age
    Linebarrels of iron
    Evangelion

I've got a ton more that I've downloaded over the years, but they're lost somewhere on my drives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post

Making recommendations is great (as long as they include reasons for those recommendations and are not just a list of titles since that helps no one) but going into a recommendations thread to badmouth other series that people liked or recommended and call them worthless because you, personally did not enjoy them is just stupid and rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making recommendations is great (as long as they include reasons for those recommendations and are not just a list of titles since that helps no one) but going into a recommendations thread to badmouth other series that people liked or recommended and call them worthless because you, personally did not enjoy them is just stupid and rude.
    No one is going to bother to list couple of reviews here. He asked for good anime series we gave it to him if he want to investigate/read a review any of the animes we've listed he can do it with one of the many websites that collect user reviews such as http://myanimelist.net and http://www.theanimenetwork.com/

Ah my godess both seasons are good, zero is another ergo proxy, D gray man

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that depends on your likes, i recommend:

-Elfen Lied (is short, wonderful story, a little sad, and bloody)
    -Death Note (i pretty sure you have seen it)
    -Rosari + vampire (You will laugh... A LOT!)
    -Deadman Wonderland (Pretty cool, Bloody)
    -Eureka Seven (You like giants robots? like skate boarding? THESE IS ANIME IS FOR YOU!)
    -Kimi ni Todoke (Well these one is not an action anime, but if you like dramatic anime and cute ones, you will love it , and you will cry too )
    -D gray man (Action anime, It have demons!, in general, if you like Naruto, Fairy Tail, One piece or Bleach, you will like these one)
    -Evangelion (Giants Robots..., TOO MUCH DRAMA!, great anime, but if you don't like drama these one is not for you)
    -Fairy Tail (If you lie Naruto or something like that, you will love these one)
    -Curren Lagan (Another anime of Giants Robots, is really good -i haven't seen it but a lot of people have told me these anime is great -)
    -Hunter X Hunter (These anime was updated and they trowed out a new version... check that one, Action - Drama)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2012-05-30 at 12:09 AM.

if you want action/adventure then i would have to tell you to watch my 2nd favorite show of all time. fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. also theres fma which was the series before it which didnt follow the manga. there both good but brotherhood followed the manga and in my opinion is much better then the first.

if you want a good action one i would also recommend ghost in the shell i love that show

some might flame me for this since its technically a "kid show" i totally recommend digimon any of the seasons (4 isnt that great but its still awesome) yes its a "kids show" but i still really love the store and the action is good and even though its not as popular as it was its still on and the new season is going to be dubbed soon

if you want action/supernatural then i would have to say death note.

and while some people dispute whether or not its actually an anime since its made in america it has the same general artstyle of anime avatar the last airbender/legend of korra are awesome shows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    No one is going to bother to list couple of reviews here. He asked for good anime series we gave it to him if he want to investigate/read a review any of the animes we've listed he can do it with one of the many websites that collect user reviews such as http://myanimelist.net and http://www.theanimenetwork.com/
    Yeah I know it is asking alot, but I would think even a single, short description or reason as to why each series is being recommended is a thousand times more useful then just a list of 10 titles.

There is also always this : MMO-Champ's very own Anime Suggestion/Recommendation Thread!!! but no one wants to use that anymore it seems.

Here's a list of a few animes I enjoyed that I can think of off the top of my head:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (Beware ending)
    Fate/Stay Night
    Trigun
    Code Geass
    Zero no Tsukaima
    The World God Only Knows
    Shakugan no Shana
    Elfen Lied
    Claymore
    Outlaw Star
    Cowboy Bebop
    Spice and Wolf
    Angel Beats!
    Gunslinger Girl
    Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
    Kidou Tenshi Angelic Layer
    Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    Toradora!
    Full Metal Alchemist / Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Chaos;Head
    .hack//sign
    Hayate no Gotoku
    Last edited by Drakke01; 2012-05-30 at 04:58 AM.

Deleted
    Fate/Zero! ends in 2 weeks.

My personal favorite: Gintama.

Other shows i have enjoyed and would recomend (multiple genres):

- Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.
    - Another.
    - Cowboy Bebop.
    - Great Teacher Onizuka.
    - Getbackers.
    - Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas (shame that, as far as i know, it was left unfinished).

And a lot more that have already been said.

Deleted
    Another
    Fate/Stay
    GTO
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Clannad and After Story
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Bleach (i luv bleach :>)
    Baccano!
    Steins;gate