Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, all the power to him.
    Sure, 'athene' is a character.
    The guy playing him actually has a decent brain and vision.
    Even if he requires/needs exploits/weird stuff to get attention but it fuels an charity then ok, that the price of admission.
    Lets not forget this persona has raised over 660k by doing what he does.
    Now sure, alot of people helped him, its not his money etc.

But would they have donated without him doing stuff like this?
    Hard to tell.
    Only thing we know for sure is that people did after he asked them to.

Deleted
    I don't think he'll be able to even get near the World First inferno now, but at least he's still trying and helping 'dem kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I wasn't expecting people to have a problem with raising money for charity, oh well.
    Envy is an ugly...ugly thing...

i wonder if he has reached any kind of smart spell combination with demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Envy is an ugly...ugly thing...
    It's not even envy. People will invent reasons to complain about ANYTHING. :/

Who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i wonder if he has reached any kind of smart spell combination with demon hunters.
    Perhaps their intent is to use a combination of demon hunters and their already-60 monks? A well-geared and specced monk could make an awesome tank for a demon hunter.

well i've got more respect for him now.
    go on Athene, prove that you can do what you say you do.

good on him.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenesss View Post
    Who cares...
    I don't know if you're aware, but you're actually right now in a thread that's discussing the matter which by implication means the people involved in talking about here at minimum care about it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Perhaps their intent is to use a combination of demon hunters and their already-60 monks? A well-geared and specced monk could make an awesome tank for a demon hunter.
    why 4 guys then if they are gonna switch one? IMO if they are doing that, let one guy go sleep for a bit and come back rested rather than forcing him to grind again. Or better yet, go magic finding for the rest of the group in hell. It would give them a better shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Not an exploit.

If a tool tip says "this makes you immune to damage and your party members for 5 seconds" and chain it you are doing what the ability is meant to do.

And the race isn't over.
    an exploit is using an obvious flaw in the game design to your advantage. What the tooltip says is irrelevant. It's an exploit as soon as you are aware that the resulting effects are not intended but you do it regardless because it gives you an advantage over players who are doing it the "proper" way. That's the definition of an exploit. You can't change what the word means by applying your own meaning to it...

"Godmode" is not something any serious gamer could possible assess as "working as intended".

Sigh, he's gonna get my demon hunter build nerfed...

I already know what he's gonna do. Basically infinite smokescreen if you have the right gear (which he does thanks to their old monks and all the people helping him farm gear).

sorry to say but by release in us and euro korea had done hit 60 not anyone else so he really not world first as he said

Deleted
    I really can't stand his gigantic ego and attention seeking.
    But I do think it's fantastic he raised so much money for charity. Kudos to him for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what they will do.
    Maybe synch up Thrill of the hunt, and grind down every boss.

Deleted
    I think he will have something up his sleeve, Going through the content again will be much faster, maybe he can catch up while people grind for act, time will tell, but he said all the proceeds from his stream are going to charity, and none of the other streamers can say that they raised 660k for charity so good luck to him

I used to be a fan, but then they start this charity thing...its nice to help peoples, but now his channel/live stream, for me, isn't epic as it used to be.

What I want to know is where is he getting all these max level chars? he got a bunch of people playing a bunch of accounts so that he has all the classes ready at max level or something? Interesting to see how they specced. My DH is full out dps, damage wise it is quite ridiculous, but it actually dies in 1 hit to anything that hits hard. Glass cannon.

Huh? He's currently in the process of leveling a brand new Demon Hunter. He was streaming it just a bit ago, might be still.
    I'm guessing that once he hits 60 he'll put on his monk gear then blow through most of inferno. With the right gear and build its theoretically possible to get 100% invincibility with a single Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Huh? He's currently in the process of leveling a brand new Demon Hunter. He was streaming it just a bit ago, might be still.
    I'm guessing that once he hits 60 he'll put on his monk gear then blow through most of inferno. With the right gear and build its theoretically possible to get 100% invincibility with a single Demon Hunter.
    I need to look into this, the spec i've been playing (though not my main char it is lvl 40) has been very high damage but with a high risk... basically gets 1shot by anything that hits atleast a little bit hard. I guess I will have to explore this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I need to look into this, the spec i've been playing (though not my main char it is lvl 40) has been very high damage but with a high risk... basically gets 1shot by anything that hits atleast a little bit hard. I guess I will have to explore this tomorrow.
    It won't work with the right gear. You have to abuse Nightstalker and tons of crit gear.