Why are the bosses so freaking easy ?

Why are the bosses so incredibly dull and easy ?
    from normal to hell on act 3 i have just tanked and spanked all bosses. None of the abilities do much dmg and on 4 player with a monk in the group. you cant die on the bosses. There are some hard packs. But they really need to tripple the bosses asap. Its just lame atm

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Why are the bosses so incredibly dull and easy ? from normal to hell
    hehe you know this is the grind part of Diablo right?

Deleted
    Monks are overpowered, there. I said it.

but in all seriousness, trying a boss with 4 players outside of inferno is stupidly undertuned. You can just stand there and unload everything into it, ignoring all mechanics.
    If you want the bosses to be a challenge, do a solo-playthrough, it's more fun than you'd imagine, and the bosses actually provide a challenge. You have to follow the mechanics and you get that awesome sense of accomplishment when you down it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four players in a group will massacre anything they come across. Their damage will outweigh the mechanics of the boss.

Try soloing them instead on nightmare or hell and it is a different story

Two manning the butcher on nightmare was quite interesting...

But yeah I believe before inferno the bosses are pretty easy. But the random trash packs... That is another story on bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Don't play with 3 players in the group simple as that, then it is way to easy. I am going to try and get as far as I can solo and see what happens, so far I have actually had to work the bosses mechanics even on normal for some bosses (like the Butcher)

10+ Year Old Account
    The bosses are quite simple in terms of mechanics, the only one I have found slightly challenging is Belial, mainly due to the huge AoE damage he does in a certain phase. It can be avoided but sometimes it just catches you.

I have beaten the game on Normal and Nightmare solo. Normal was kinda what it says on the tin, quite enjoyable nontheless.

Nightmare was slightly more challenging, more like "Looks like I gotta pay attention properly now"

Hell however is very, very difficult for me, I just die instantly vs heroic mobs or elite mob packs. Not sure what to do there.
    Last edited by Hezron; 2012-05-19 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whole game seems pretty easy. Just beat skeleton king in nightmare. Took my time exploring in normal now just rushing through.

Bosses are easy.

It's the roaming packs of Blue/Yellow mobs you need to watch out for.

The Elites and Random Bosses are the ones that will give you repair bills.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Melee classes seem to have it easy. They can just soak most things, since they have to be in melee, and cant really be running around dodging, otherwise they couldnt kill anything.

just soloed the butcher in hell on my 55 barb, was pretty interesting. took a few tries.
    solo in general seems to be more fun to me.

Try soloing belial in hell. If you're not prepared phase 2 will mess you up. Assuming you aren't some ridiculously geared tankish type that can just stand there in phase 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I yesterday finished Nightmare, Act 2-4 and everything except Diablo I killed solo. Diablo would probably also be possible as I reached the last phase once (I only did 3 tries and it was already 3 AM), but hell, that tkaes forever. It probably took me 5-10 minutes just to reach the last phase.

I am playing a Witchdoctor. Normal was indeed pretty easy, but playing solo on Nightmare? Starting in Act 2 (I played the whole first act with three others) it's not funny anymore. Heck, Zoltun Kulle nearly two shotted me when I got there.

And yes, the roaming packs are the horror. Even on Nightmare with just two affixes there can be quite lethal combos. Succubus Champion Pack with Vortex and Plagued, Lacuni with Elecrtified and Arcane Enchanted (the latter one being hard on every single pack) or especially as a Witchdoctor with pets, Vampiric with Electrified - mobs are just healing themself back to full due to the electrified damage until all your pets are dead. Yeah, talk about annoying.

I am now in Hell and I already fear some possible combinations.