Should I wait for Persona 4: Golden?

Alright, so I beat Persona 3 a few months ago and absolutely loved it. I've been dying to try Persona 4 but I decided I would wait until the Golden came out for Vita, but then it recently got pushed back to 11/20.

At the Gamestop I work at there's a copy of Persona 4 for PS2, so should I wait for the Golden, or should I just hurry up and play this game?

That's really tough. I'd say wait for it, but I found Persona 4 to be much better than Persona 3. That's not knocking Persona 3, I just thought #4 was top-tier among RPG games. It's that fantastic.

Deleted
    if you have a vita you should wait i think. Golden gives more story.

if you havent played 4 till today i think this 3 months more will not break your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    if you have a vita you should wait i think. Golden gives more story.

if you havent played 4 till today i think this 3 months more will not break your neck.
    I don't have a vita, but I was planning to get one for Golden and Assassin's creed.

And one of the reasons I'm so pumped to play it is because I got Persona 4 Arena when that came out, and I love the character and the music of that game. Only problem is, I haven't played story mode much because I'm afraid of spoiling major story points of Persona 4.
    Last edited by sapit; 2012-09-02 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    And one of the reasons I'm so pumped to play it is because I got Persona 4 Arena when that came out, and I love the character and the music of that game. Only problem is, I haven't played story mode much because I'm afraid of spoiling major story points of Persona 4.
    I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a game's story before (Persona 4). Perhaps only Final Fantasy X...

Again, I'd wait, but just know that it's a *fantastic* game, and the wait (if I was waiting on it) would be arduous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say wait it out unless you really wanna continue playing through Arena's story mode. Persona 4 is an amazing game and it's at its best when you haven't seen spoilers.
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2012-09-02 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a game's story before (Persona 4). Perhaps only Final Fantasy X...

Again, I'd wait, but just know that it's a *fantastic* game, and the wait (if I was waiting on it) would be arduous.
    Damn man...you're killing me here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man...you're killing me here.
    It's a tough wait but the payout is hella worth it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    It's a tough wait but the payout is hella worth it. :P
    I'm thinking I might just get both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking I might just get both.
    Well if that's wut ya wanna do, having P4 handheld is awesome too.

Well if that's wut ya wanna do, having P4 handheld is awesome too.
    Yeah, I wound up getting it. I'll still get Golden as well. I mean, I had Persona 3 FES and Portable, and never got sick of it, so I doubt I would with 4.

Yeah, I wound up getting it. I'll still get Golden as well. I mean, I had Persona 3 FES and Portable, and never got sick of it, so I doubt I would with 4.
    Great! Now update me/us when you get to...that part. The major plot turn. I'll leave it at that.

Great! Now update me/us when you get to...that part. The major plot turn. I'll leave it at that.
    Haha alright, it will be a while because I decided to order it from Amazon. The one at Gamestop was $30 used, and the Amazon one was $20 new, free shipping, and a soundtrack.

Haha alright, it will be a while because I decided to order it from Amazon. The one at Gamestop was $30 used, and the Amazon one was $20 new, free shipping, and a soundtrack.
    Nice, nice. I love the fact that all Atlus (well, Persona games, at least) come with the OSTs, artbook, etc. How I love thee.

You're making me want to play the game again, dammit. And there's so much to talk about!

Nice, nice. I love the fact that all Atlus (well, Persona games, at least) come with the OSTs, artbook, etc. How I love thee.

You're making me want to play the game again, dammit. And there's so much to talk about!
    And now you've got me all pumped! I love me some good plot turns.

10+ Year Old Account
    One has to appreciate when a game comes with an ost, artbook, etc. Oh man P4 has some goooood plot twists. Ones I wasn't expecting at least.

One has to appreciate when a game comes with an ost, artbook, etc. Oh man P4 has some goooood plot twists. Ones I wasn't expecting at least.
    In an industry where you have to pay extra, or it be pre-order bonuses, or go to Gamestop for X bonus, Best Buy for Y, etc. I really appreciate the extra goodies, free of charge (when it came out, anyway. Obviously it's been a few years, so it'll be hard to find 'em anymore).

The characters are fantastic, as well. Kanji was my favorite, I'm heterosexual, but I appreciate the fact that they explored sexuality in the game in a positive light.. Risette was amazing, as was Teddy. Naoto was good, too. Also, eff the villain. You know why. Better yet, who WASN'T good in the game? =p

...when is Persona 5 coming out? And on the PS3/4? Gimme, now!

In an industry where you have to pay extra, or it be pre-order bonuses, or go to Gamestop for X bonus, Best Buy for Y, etc. I really appreciate the extra goodies, free of charge (when it came out, anyway. Obviously it's been a few years, so it'll be hard to find 'em anymore).

The characters are fantastic, as well. Kanji was my favorite, I'm heterosexual, but I appreciate the fact that they explored sexuality in the game in a positive light.. Risette was amazing, as was Teddy. Naoto was good, too. Also, eff the villain. You know why. Better yet, who WASN'T good in the game? =p

...when is Persona 5 coming out? And on the PS3/4? Gimme, now!
    Haha I've already heard quite a bit about Kanji, plus I've seen a few clips from the anime when it comes to him and his "moments".

Golden is graphically remastered with extra content - new character, new videos, moped license, more voiced dialogue as well as other extras included. If you are getting a Vita anyways I would definitely wait for Persona 4 Golden, otherwise you'll be missing out on the awesomeness. Plus playing a sequel so quickly may diminish your enjoyment of the game (or maybe not).

I did the same I played the Persona 3 FES, quite a while ago and I knew that Atlus wouldn't pass up an opportunity to rerelease it again on Vita (back then still known as NGP) as they did with FES and P3P.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.