Thread: Sudden FPS drop

Sudden FPS drop

While I was cleaning I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer and it shut down.

When I try to play games now, I will just get sudden FPS drops down to 3 for no apparent reason. The lag doesn't go away either, until the program is shut down

I have shut down all programs running that I don't need and that's not helping.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Deleted
    Hi Bjarne.

I'm really having difficulty thinking how a plug being unplugged and replugged in could drop FPS. To be honest, I doubt the drop it to do with the unplugging of a wire, I would try different suggestions of how to begin. I'm no computer expert, but here's a suggestion. Have you been cleaning your computer, or doing something with your computer, and a graphics card that has been put in has fallen out, leaving only an inbuilt one that takes up the computers RAM? Its a suggestion.
    Does it make a difference if you turn down the graphics on the game, or is it just like this always, no matter what?

Deleted
    There is a few things that might be the problem.

First if your computer parts starts to get old. Or the drivers ain't updated. So I would check the parts and the drivers.

If that dosn't work it's fully possible that you got alot of crap taking space on your computer. I suggest that you install a program named "CCleaner" and run it on your computer (it removes files that's not needed). And then defrag your harddrive so the files that you use offen can communicate faster.

If this dosn't work it might be that you have got some virus, if you got a antivirus program just run a scan (exept if you got norton then remote it, according to me that's one big virus itself...). If you don't got any antivirus I suggest AVG, Nod33 or Avast's free antivirusprograms.

That's all I can think of right now. I hope it will solve your problem

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some computers will "lose" the PCI-E bus width when they experience an overclocking failure our a power failure. Download CPU-Z and see what it reports your max and current PCI-E width. If it's set to 1x or 8x that might explain the problem. Unseat the video card, re-insert it and reboot, that is the procedure that I've done in the past.