Are these glitches?

I really need someone help on this issue. I've tried looking into it but can't really find out the reason why i'm experiencing this issue in some of my PC games. As you can see below, i'm seeing things like chunks of ground missing and walls looking like they have spikes on em when they shouldn't. I've tried everything I have found but none of them seemed to fix the problem. Anyone with tips on this issue and can help, many many MANY thanks to you.

I have only seen this happen in some games but WoW is unaffected with this weird problem.

Deleted
    Nope. This is normal.

Please post productively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-20 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    First Though
    WTF is that UI ?
    Edit - Realizes its not wow

Second Thought.
    GFX card over heating,
    Either open up your PC and Give it a Jolly good Clean, making sure you use compresed air and a soft brush.
    or if its a laptop, look into a cooling plate.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-05-20 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What game is it?

Have you tried updating your drivers? Has this problem always happened?

WTF is that UI ?
    Its not wow. So its probably the default UI.

This is from a free MMO "Fiesta", I checked my card and it's performing fine, and yes I have updated all my drivers to the most recent version. No this just seems to have started. I was playing these games just fine before but seems like maybe something was buggy either in their recent patch or in the newest version maybe of my graphic card driver.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean you 'checked your card'?

Any free MMO game is usually prone to having issues like that. If all other games (WoW for example, if you play it) run fine, then its most likely the game itself.

I checked stats on it while game was running and it wasn't overheating. Plus, I can even play the GW2 beta weekends just fine with no glitches like this either, only a little bit of lag but that's to be expected.

I was thinking it probably was the game too since they recently patched it and before the patch, I didn't see these weird errors in the ground or on walls.

Looks like some glitch to me, does it happen every time you play in that area?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the game. The engine isn't rendering correctly. Report it as a bug and move on. It's highly unlikely that changing anything in your system short of a complete hardware swap will fix it (it might render differently on some hardware: ATI vs nVidia, etc).
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Check the temperature of your GPU ASAP.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he already did that. See post #7.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Thanks to all for the tips. I found the problem and it is now fixed thank goodness. Turns out it was apparently a programming problem between my newest version of my graphics driver software and the outdated graphics driver.

Updating my driver to the newest version got rid of the missing polygons thankfully.