Poll: Do you still use thorns?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do any Druids actually use Thorns nowadays?

Simple question I mean personally I use it on the tank every chance I can in raiding, especially on heroic yor'sahj black phase before nerfs.Personally I don't see many druids using it because its pretty..well shit to be honest.

Anyone out there still use this or have any additional comments on this spell?

edit: Yes in the poll questions means you use it VERY often and No means never. Sorry should have clarified a bit.

edit#2: I'm actually interested in this now. Would someone be willing to use Thorns on a fight in dragon soul while using it on cooldown to see how much total damage it does ? For example using it on spine/yor'sahj/madness AoE fights. Would be sweet!
    Last edited by JonBeMerkin; 2012-05-22 at 01:18 AM.

As a moonkin only in PvP, where it's pretty strong tbh... used it on the Blood-Tank on spine prenerf, but meh...I'm too lazy to do it after the nerf :P

Deleted
    I as bear tank sometimes use it before boss pull for that tiny extra .

When i am resto i try and throw it on a tank if adds are inc, but i dont normally use it

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it almost all the time.

In PVE, I always toss it on the tank who is tanking the adds on Heroic DS (the bloods). In PVP, I always toss it on myself should a melee be on me or someone I'm healing who has a melee on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP I use it. PvE unless there is literally nothing else to do it's pretty pointless.

In pve as a boomkin, the only time it would be worth it is when your tank blows and can't keep threat on a big aoe pack such as Yorsajh black adds.

offtopic @ pakoa the black adds can not be tanked
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

Deleted
    Almost always on AoE pulls because it's awesome and boss pulls because why not, rarely during the fight.

Kind of lame the change they made in Cataclysm with it. It used to be just a nice buff to add to a tank, or to yourself if you are bear (which I am). However, I still use it before pulls, and will toss it to my off-tank at times if we do a tank swap and I have very low rage. It's really not bad, but it's just so annoying that in PvE the most use from it is for bears and they can't really use it properly.

I use it all the time, while soloing, questiong, pvp...

Deleted
    would be useful if it didnt break your form.

Our lazy moonkin didn't even give it to me (tank) on Alysrazor.

Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    Every bear would love this!

Deleted
    As a tank I don't, I think it still takes you out f bear form. When I'm healing I usually throw it on the tank

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:03 AM ----------

Yeah, really stupid that it does, would be quite nice to use while tanking, but unless you put it on before the fight or risk going out of bear form I India sucks

/thread .

It's actually really good in PvP for balance atleast.

15+ Year Old Account
    indeed and whit our hybridisation in MoP i dont see why it should work in bear
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Haven't used it since Alysrazor heroic progressing. Maybe I should bind it once again :-D
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    In pve as a boomkin, the only time it would be worth it is when your tank blows and can't keep threat on a big aoe pack such as Yorsajh black adds.
    I was under the impression yor'sahj black adds had random fixates no?

Deleted
    I use it on tanks when I remember. It was especially good on tanks in the Alyzrazor fight when they were on the hatchlings