Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

I don't get it - being online in singleplayer game

I don't fucking get it. Why do I have to be limited by delay and lag while playing single player game?

I wanted to play the game now, but guess what? servers are undergoing maintanence... I mean, really? What? Maintanence during Sunday afternoon?

I am seriously considering getting some no-internet crack or w/e its called. Who cares about items and achievments anyway? I just want to beat the game 1 or 2 times and thats it. All this mess around is fuckin annoying.

btw: Do you remember awesome mods for Diablo 2? Like class modifications, world mods, new classes and so on? All created by players. Forget it. It ain't happening in Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    I wanted to play the game now, but guess what? servers are undergoing maintanence... I mean, really? What? Maintanence during Sunday afternoon?
    I have same question

Baseline:

DIABLO III DOESN'T HAVE SINGLE-PLAYER MODE.

Yes, D1 and D2 had it. No, D3 doesn't have it.

It's been known to be this way more than a year ago.

I think someone said something about it being online to prevent it being pirated

Well since all the items now have an actual real life money value, you being able to farm gear in a offline state would lead to all kinds of scams.
    But yes, they should have allowed people to opt out of the AH and henceforth only be able to play singleplayer offline.

Deleted
    Because D3 is going to be a massive cash cow. And you can only regulate those online.

I'm not even bothering to get it now, just going to wait for Torchlight 2.

real money ah forced the game to be online only to avoid dupes. but people will still dupe in the end

I wouldnt say Diablo is a singleplayer game.
    Most of us prefer to play with friends and the way blizzard designed diablo 3 lets us do just that easy.
    Would ofc be nice if u could choose to play offline for those who doesnt want to play it multiplayer but u cant get everthing.
    But if u design ur own game u can do it however u like.

Deleted
    D3 is considered a CO-OP game, it's never been treated as a single player game,
    I even think D2 was in that mindset but it had the single player option since alot of people didn't have internet back when it got released.

The server maintence is annoying but seriously get off the "single player"-wagon and know your shit.

Deleted
    We are currently addressing an issue with the Battle.net service. During this time the Battle.net servers and any online games will be unavailable for play. We are working diligently to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

D3 is all about the AH and how to quit your job and make money off it.

It's not the fact that it has a real money ah. It's the fact that in previous Diablo games, people exploited and hacked things and generally made the gameplay for others unfair and just not fun. People botted and would non stop run act after act of Diablo. It may not be solely on this issue but I believe it has a big thing to do with it. Also modernisation, economic value etc has to do with it, but stop thinking of it as being implemented owing to one thing. It was probably the best thing they could've done. I play in aus, the ping is high yet I understand the reason for it to occur. What use is it complaining now anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleness View Post
    D3 is considered a CO-OP game, it's never been treated as a single player game,
    I even think D2 was in that mindset but it had the single player option since alot of people didn't have internet back when it got released.

The server maintence is annoying but seriously get off the "single player"-wagon and know your shit.
    Also no player ever reached max level in diablo 2 (without cheating) in single player games

Tge /player x option was added to single player to combat the lag of co-op. Else the game would be a tidious bore

Because the greedy fucks from activision wanted the game to be online ,as if a single player mode couldn't be enabled, in a way that you couldn't sell those items on RMAH, shit game , waiting for torchlight 2 /guild wars 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    Because the greedy fucks from activision wanted the game to be online ,as if a single player mode couldn't be enabled, in a way that you couldn't sell those items on RMAH, shit game , waiting for torchlight 2 /guild wars 2 .
    Guess what: Guild Wars is OFF line for 2 months already ... and YOU paid full price for it 2 months ago ...

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    real money ah forced the game to be online only to avoid dupes. but people will still dupe in the end

[img]C:\Funny pictures\Facepalm.jpg[/img]

Anyway. Offline and online characters were separated in D2. If D3 had offline mode, offline and online characters would still be separated. RMAH is completely out of picture.

Online mode is forced to prevent or at least limit the piracy. There's nothing else in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    What does it have to do with greed? Do you pay them more ?

Or is it, that it is greedy, to avoid being stolen from ?

Or what dafuq is your point exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Derply-Fried Orange View Post

Anyway. Offline and online characters were separated in D2. If D3 had offline mode, offline and online characters would still be separated. RMAH is completely out of picture.
    Offline mode would mean a complete access to the backbone of the game, increasing the chance an exploit is found.

Diablo 3 is not a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Or what dafuq is your point exactly?
    He didn't manage to get D3 from TPB and he's mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize that there was a single player version of D3. Where did you find that?

Quote Originally Posted by Derply-Fried Orange View Post
    Baseline:

DIABLO III DOESN'T HAVE SINGLE-PLAYER MODE.

Yes, D1 and D2 had it. No, D3 doesn't have it.

It's been known to be this way more than a year ago.
    Funny because I beat the game in single player mode "their is no offline mode" (which is shit with all the server glitches)