Page 1 of 2
LastLast

F2P Champs gone from ranked!

Honestly, its about time. Was tired of mid-tier elo games being lost at the lobby because people wanted to try a new champion for the first time. If you own the champ, you'll still be able to play, but this is something that a number of people have been asking to have for a while. glad Riot finally pulled through on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this change.

Deleted
    so what does happen if all champs available to you get picked or banned? ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    so what does happen if all champs available to you get picked or banned? ;D
    I am pretty sure Draft/Ranked REQUIRES you to have enough champions to be able to choose when this situation occures. I know Free to Play are included in this for normals. So I assume for Ranked your number of owned champions needs to increase so that this situation can't happen

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, ranked requires you to have 12(?) champions available before you can enter ranked. Not sure on number, it was 10+.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 16. Six cover bans, and the other ten cover the amount of players in a game.

I think this is a good and bad change. Good because now you wont see people trying the free champs in ranked, but bad because now the excuse "I don't own a support." is now possible, even if highly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why you need a minimum of (iirc) 16 champions to be able to do ranked games.

//edit: Got Shen'd big time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    You need 16. Six cover bans, and the other ten cover the amount of players in a game.

I think this is a good and bad change. Good because now you wont see people trying the free champs in ranked, but bad because now the excuse "I don't own a support." is now possible, even if highly unlikely.
    Not owning a support is possible.... But if people are smart about it the just make it a bruiser kill lane (I am assuming this is low-mid elo if someone doesn't own a support) The person can just take a bruiser like J4 or Pantheon or any tank and pretend play support and it all works out ^_^. There are too many champions that can fit the "support" role without being anything like Lulu/Soraka/Sona/Janna. It just takes a bit more skill. (Also btw I like your Signature )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant402 View Post
    Not owning a support is possible.... But if people are smart about it the just make it a bruiser kill lane (I am assuming this is low-mid elo if someone doesn't own a support) The person can just take a bruiser like J4 or Pantheon or any tank and pretend play support and it all works out ^_^. There are too many champions that can fit the "support" role without being anything like Lulu/Soraka/Sona/Janna. It just takes a bit more skill. (Also btw I like your Signature )
    When your at the ELO I brought myself to (word to the wise, don't play with friends if there is over 100 ELO difference), people who are "forced" into the support role either troll or leave. I've fulfilled the support role in many games as non-standard champs and dominated (Singed support ftw) when my only true support was Soroka and I hated her, still do. The type of people who would use that excuse though aren't smart enough to pick a champ who could work, and would rather ruin your game than try to win.

And thanks. Justin on the LoL sig thread made it for me. He did a fantastic job.

I'm having many ideas about playing non typical support champs. I want to give it a go with Maokai at some point. I can see being paired up with a ranged AD carry being evil, since Mao has awesome poke, a snare and a slow, and with a nice side order of sustain too!
    RETH

Deleted
    Have to say that this was a necessary change, ranked games is not place to try champs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic change!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Honestly, its about time. Was tired of mid-tier elo games being lost at the lobby because people wanted to try a new champion for the first time. If you own the champ, you'll still be able to play, but this is something that a number of people have been asking to have for a while. glad Riot finally pulled through on this one.
    I agree 100%.

Whats sad though, is owning a champion doesn't necessarily mean they know how to play it.

What do people think of galio support? I like playing support but I dislike playing the usual support heroes except for ali and lulu. I played galio support once and really liked it but what's the rest of your views on that.

Deleted
    Well crap now I actually have to buy Nautilus :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing i dislike about the change is that now i'll have to go out and buy more champions, which is going to just flat out blow...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say it does suck that I will actually have to buy all the 3150 champs I'm too impatient to save up for, but too cheap to spend RP on. However, I know what champs in the free rotation I can play and which I can't, so to someone on my team it looks like I own the champ (most times). Still think its a fantastic change overall, and I'll soon have enough people for a ranked team where it doesn't apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

It's also bad because in the rush to get 16 champions, they don't buy runes to play those champions properly. Example being one of those runeless players having first pick, and they pick Master Yi.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's also bad because in the rush to get 16 champions, they don't buy runes to play those champions properly. Example being one of those runeless players having first pick, and they pick Master Yi.
    "Rushing" to get 16 champions on a level 30 account... That is incredibly easy you can have 16 champions WAY before Summoner Level 30. Especially since Riot gives us Tristana and Alistar for FREE. So there is no excuse not to have runes for champions... Unless you level with EXP boosts on your account and no IP boost. Then I might see you not having Champions and Runes.... And you just said first pick Master Yi.... Even when they have runes that makes me sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant402 View Post
    "Rushing" to get 16 champions on a level 30 account... That is incredibly easy you can have 16 champions WAY before Summoner Level 30. Especially since Riot gives us Tristana and Alistar for FREE. So there is no excuse not to have runes for champions... Unless you level with EXP boosts on your account and no IP boost. Then I might see you not having Champions and Runes.... And you just said first pick Master Yi.... Even when they have runes that makes me sad
    It could be worse. They could first pick Evelynn just because they bought her as a 1350 IP champ to get to the magic 16.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II