Deleted

To all the people complaining about no offline mode for while servers are down

Go to option --> account --> server region selection.

Set it to america and go play

I was hoping you were gonna state reasons as to why it should be online...

No cheating (hopefully ever), easy stored information between characters, AH, and playing with others.

Deleted
    I have a hard time believing any sensible person would argue against the online only mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post

What's the downside to this?

You cant play your chars from EU

Yeah because I want to start a new character...

This is a very good option for all those players who never made it to lvl 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I was hoping you were gonna state reasons as to why it should be online...

No cheating (hopefully ever), easy stored information between characters, AH, and playing with others.
    It will not prevent all cheating, there will be cheating no doubt. Heck, there has been item duping in WoW and it's all online. Don't fool yourselves into thinking becaues it is online there will be no cheating. There will be less cheating for sure, and less pirating, but it will still happen, without a doubt.

The reason it is online is it is not a single player game. This is not D1, this is not D2. This is D3 and it is designed for people the play together. That is the best experience according to Blizz and that is why it is online. If you choose to play as single player that is your fault and no one else's. Plenty of other threads about this though.

Deleted
    This option is for the people, who would play an offline toon, when the EU servers are down. This solves that issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post

Would be viable if characters were saved worldwide and not only regionwide
    at least i cant access my wizard if i select another region.

That's because the servers are physically apart. =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Would be viable if characters were saved worldwide and not only regionwide
    at least i cant access my wizard if i select another region.
    well, duh ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The reason it is online is it is not a single player game. This is not D1, this is not D2. This is D3 and it is designed for people the play together.
    This has nothing to do with it needing to be online to play. The only reason there is no offline mode for D3 is Blizzard getting in a hissy fit with pirate'rs.

Hell they could even have offline and online characters (with online characters being stored on Blizzard's servers like they are now) to stop a majority of the issues that were in D2, with offline characters having its own seperate gold amount and stash so there's completely no interaction between the offline and online characters.

Why would a multiplayer game be online-only? What sort of bonuses would that incur toward actual gaming experience that couldn't be achieved with seperate characters as stated above?

Infact, as with server issues etc, even multiplayer-only types may have wanted to venture a solo character for times when servers are down/having problems, so this even detracts from potential multiplayer customer experience.