Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I've yet run into an Invulnerable-type mob. I'm just treading into Hell as we speak.

Different from shielding or just another term for it?
    Fully invulnerable minions, only the rare mob itself is damageable. It's a nightmare to deal with.

Nightmare was easy mode as demon hunter.Doing hell mode now at the butcher now and champion mob are quite hard.I have to kite with my trap for ages or i get 1 shooted.

Finally ran into something I couldn't kill on Inferno. Fast/Fire Chains/Shielded/Waller on those leaping dudes that explode into poison after death on late act 2.

Arcane + Wall was a bitch the first time I came across it... since it was the first time I came across Arcane in the first place. Got walled in with an arcane sentry orb. Died too fast to even know what the fuck happened.
    Vortex + Fire Chains is also a blast.
    Teleport + Knockback on the beasts that charge in act 1..
    Mortar + Knockback was one of the ones that pissed me off. Get in melee range, get knocked back, get pelted by more mortars...get knocked back again...
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

Deleted
    vortex + molten on rock giants in act 2.... that really fucking hurt :s

Besides that I also hated invulnerable mobs until I started using arcane orb + piercing which made it a lot easier to kill the one mob out of the 4-5 that actually takes damage. I also think this is a hell & inferno only affix? Never seen it in nightmare or normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had vortex+arcane+decimate charging bulls last night. By the time we killed them it didn't even feel satisfying
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    People can claim "Diablo is supposed to be hard", yada yada all they want. It's still extremely obvious they need to make certain champion abilities not mix with each other. Some combinations are simply impossible, especially with melee. Playing a monk or barb shouldn't exempt you from being able to play solo.
    The game is meant to be near impossible to solo, if you can't handle the difficulty there is normal, the rest of us can so I would rather not have people without the skill, tenacity or will to start nerfing content that is just about challenging for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm going to post this here as a possible vent thread. Sometimes, the instagibs are horrendous. I ran into a Champ pack that had Horde and Arcane Enchanted, MALACHORS. Of course this is on Nightmare, Act 3. Freaking 40k Life on the minions, that would 2 or 3 shot me.

12k Hp with with 2.5k armor, and 1.5k DPS. Which is slaughter with most of Hell Minions. Though I gave up on this pack and has to simply quit after dying roughly 10+ times. QQ man, QQ.
    You're undergeared, I'm in Act 2 hell with 5k dps, 1.3k armor and 18k hp, I haven't grinded at all, bought a couple of things from the AH, and haven't had one legendary or good item drop lol

All that being said I am using level 50-55 items all over and the fact that I can kill things 5x faster than you probably goes a long way :P I suggest hitting the AH and getting some gear (also check your build).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Act 4 Nightmare on my Wizard, There was a rare elite Vamparic, plauged 70khp and then 3 other white mobs with Vamperic, plauged 35khp.

I would nuke so hard but they just self heal so much! I'm a wizard i even used the super sayne mode. I had to get a level 52 friend to come blow them up for me.
    I didn't die, but i just couldnt do enough damage to one to get him down spent about 30 mins kiting around trying different tactics.
    I had a blue pack like that in act 2 nightmare. As a witch doctor with a follower, gargantuan and the passive that summons fetishes on hit I just couldn't kill them, since anything standing in the plague would heal them faster than I could nuke.

Finally managed to trap them behind a building long enough for me to TP and respec. All in all it took about 15 minutes to get them all down.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah, I played the game. At no point was it impossible to kill a given enemy if you played a certain class. In D3, it is. Melee shouldn't be running around in a big circle in hell/inferno in excess of 30 minutes to solo a mob spawn.

That's not the classic "Diablo difficulty", it's just stupid game design that needs to be fixed. At this point, barbs and monks are near pointless classes to solo with, and very weak classes to party with. Monks obviously not as much due to group utility and healing, barbs on the other hand... worthless.

I think you are just really bad, sorry, it has to be said. Change your build, get better gear, or get better.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I think you are just really bad, sorry, it has to be said. Change your build, get better gear, or get better.
    Oh, yeah I'm sure we are. Go ahead and fraps your 60 barb or monk for us and show us how "bad" we are compared to you.

Really, all the people retorting that it's just supposed to be hard aren't grasping the point. It's not difficulty melee players are complaining about, it's extremely poor mechanics that don't mesh with melee whatsoever. If this was a ranged class only game, then it would be fine. But it's not.

It doesn't take skill to kill these mobs, it takes an absurd amount of time. No one wants to log into their barb or monk, then waste literally half of their 1 hour game session kiting around a SINGLE mob. We're not complaining that it's "too hard", we're complaining that it shouldn't take a melee class 30 minutes (if at all) to kill a creature that ranged can kill in 5.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

had a group of spiders on hell with jailer, fire chains and posion. would get jailed, surrounded and raped through my diamond shield

took at least 7 deaths to kill them

I am really, really frustrated and annoyed with the design of packs - Some being unbeatable (or 30-40mins of kiting). I ran into a Fire Chains, Vortex, Mortar, Frozen. You can argue "Get better gear", but with the retarded itemization on drops / sheer lack of decent items (There is ofc. the buff you get from killing special packs, but hey you need to kill them).
    I do usually like a challenge, however, this is not even in the remote vicinity of fun.

Oh, yeah I'm sure we are. Go ahead and fraps your 60 barb or monk for us and show us how "bad" we are compared to you.

Really, all the people retorting that it's just supposed to be hard aren't grasping the point. It's not difficulty melee players are complaining about, it's extremely poor mechanics that don't mesh with melee whatsoever. If this was a ranged class only game, then it would be fine. But it's not.

It doesn't take skill to kill these mobs, it takes an absurd amount of time. No one wants to log into their barb or monk, then waste literally half of their 1 hour game session kiting around a SINGLE mob. We're not complaining that it's "too hard", we're complaining that it shouldn't take a melee class 30 minutes (if at all) to kill a creature that ranged can kill in 5.
    You do realise, that both melee and ranged are capable of the same dps? You also realise that ranged have to kite them around too?

You just seem far too dense to grasp that this is how the game plays, and even in the first 2 games of the franchise, kiting was how you survived.

You believe the game would be harder if you could kill them in a few seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar View Post
    I am really, really frustrated and annoyed with the design of packs - Some being unbeatable (or 30-40mins of kiting). I ran into a Fire Chains, Vortex, Mortar, Frozen. You can argue "Get better gear", but with the retarded itemization on drops / sheer lack of decent items (There is ofc. the buff you get from killing special packs, but hey you need to kill them).
    I do usually like a challenge, however, this is not even in the remote vicinity of fun.
    Welcome to Diablo... RNG, farming, grinding, and annoying. If it is not in the remote vicinity of fun, I suggest you stop playing.

I won't argue that monks and barbs have a harder time soloing... but saying they aren't very good for groups? That's ridiculous. Barbs have ridiculous CC and tanking capabilities for groups, and the mantras that monks bring are insanely good. There's a reason that Kripp's group started running double monk, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Suddenly, fast moving/mortar mobs.

:P Ranged don't have it any easier.
    except that they do.
    There's a few combo's that are good against ranged, but meelee is gimped against every possible combo.
    At least you can kite without having to be in meelee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    except that they do.
    There's a few combo's that are good against ranged, but meelee is gimped against every possible combo.
    At least you can kite without having to be in meelee.
    Vortex, Waller, Teleport, Fast and Jailor enemies would like a word with you. All of these are anti range affixes.

The only pack I have to skip so far has been an Eilte Glutton in Act 3 Hell with Vortex Molten Extra Health, to be fair I could have probably killed them but I was already level 60 and just blitzing it to get Inferno unlocked. I haven't done Inferno solo but in my group of 3/4 Barb/Monk/Wiz/DH we haven't had a problem with any packs.

You do realise, that both melee and ranged are capable of the same dps? You also realise that ranged have to kite them around too?

You just seem far too dense to grasp that this is how the game plays, and even in the first 2 games of the franchise, kiting was how you survived.

You believe the game would be harder if you could kill them in a few seconds?

Monks and Barbs require resources. You can only gain resources by being in melee range. Being in melee range gets you one shot.

That's all there is to it. D2 was not like this. Seriously, if you think we're whining, go roll a monk or a barb and see for yourself. That's why there's a metric fuckton of people rerolling right now, it's simply not doable.

For instance, as a monk, you roll into a rare/champ and pop seven sided strike and run out. You then kite and kite and kite until seven sided strike is up again, and repeat. All the meanwhile with absolutely no way to gain spirit without dying. The only reason we can even use seven sided strike is because in the long cooldown that it has, we gain -just enough- spirit through our mantra spirit regen rune to use it again when available.

That's it. That's virtually all you can do as a monk right now. You can randomly punch some adds to gain enough spirit to summon a pet and pray that it attacks the right target, but even then it's only lasting a split second before it gets one shot.

The above is completely ignoring speed packs which you can't kite as melee. You just die.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-05-21 at 09:41 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Vortex, Waller, Teleport, Fast and Jailor enemies would like a word with you. All of these are anti range affixes.
    Aswell as Frozen, Mortar, Desecrater, Arcane Enchanted... <list goes on>

All of them are difficult for all the classes, there are as many difficult for ranged as there is for melee. Some people just want excuses for being bad, or would like to suggest they are having a tough time because of their class choice.

Aswell as Frozen, Mortar, Desecrater, Arcane Enchanted... <list goes on>

All of them are difficult for all the classes, there are as many difficult for ranged as there is for melee. Some people just want excuses for being bad, or would like to suggest they are having a tough time because of their class choice.
    Eh, those are all pretty easy to avoid, imo. They can complicate things if paired with one of the ones I listed, but by themselves they aren't dangerous at all.