10+ Year Old Account

Hydra Comparison

SO i'm really liking the Hydra Mechanics, but I don't fully understand what the advantage to using one rune over the other is. Does anyone know how they compare against each other? I was told the cold hydras do the best damage with Cold Blooded.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Hydra-AoE bolts...will gain benefit of the passive for arcane damage

Lightning Hydra-Sing tar bolts...will gain benefit of the passive for lightning dam

Poison Hydra- can be useful if you are funneling lots of trash through chokepoints or any situation where adds stand around or get stuck in place

Frost Hydra- I think their attack slows and gains benefit of passive affecting cold damage

Mammoth Hydra- I haven't unlocked yet.

Edit: Frost Hydra does not slow as I stated above.
    Last edited by shokter; 2012-05-22 at 04:04 AM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Arcane Hydra-AoE bolts...will gain benefit of the passive for arcane damage

Lightning Hydra-Sing tar bolts...will gain benefit of the passive for lightning dam

Poison Hydra- can be useful if you are funneling lots of trash through chokepoints or any situation where adds stand around or get stuck in place

Frost Hydra- I think their attack slows and gains benefit of passive affecting cold damage

Mammoth Hydra- I haven't unlocked yet.
    Thanks =) I know a person who killed Hell Diablo by using poison hydras and having a monk tank him.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Poison hydras do the most damage on both multi target and single target if the enemy stays in place for decent amount of times, because the poison pools stack.