Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadock View Post
    That's Murphy right there; if a loot will drop, it will not be for your class :<
    Not only that, I have crafted a few rares, and every single one had +strength .... And I play a Witch Doctor :/
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Loot in D2 was often useless too
    maybe I'm viewing it with the nostalgia glasses on, but I remember getting much more excited by drops in diablo 2. Chances were that on a yellow sword you'd get useful stats like %speed %dmg etc. not friggin intellect. And the uniques were unique, fixed stats tailored to overpower the content at the lvl req of the item, if you found a unique lvl 20 sword at level 20-25, it was like being given godly power. you could mow down mobs like they were nothing for a few levels.

In D3 if when I come across random rares, it's just useful to get a few bucks from the merchant. If I find a legendary, it's to get a decent amount of money from the AH. That's about it.

AH is swamped with rares at ridiculously low prices at levels 1-30, at 30 they get a bit more "normal" but this is only because the majority of players are at 30 or so. Once the majority has moved to 60, rares will be cheaper than dirt. Which makes any loot almost pointless - blues are practically trash now, rares are next.
    Play this great online RPG, it's free!

Level 58 Witch Doctor right now working through the last portions of Hell difficulty. The majority of my gear while leveling came from friends who saved their drops that they thought I could use (and I do the same for them). It does seem as though I get a higher percentage of drops that other classes can use rather than mine but that's Diablo!

I do hit the AH once in a while to see if there's any good deals on there for any slots that I have falling behind. Getting yourself a good weapon should be the #1 priority for everyone. Once in a while you'll find someone putting something up that's a huge upgrade for you and it's relatively cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know there is 5 different classes with different preference to stats. And you are only playing one of them. Even if we group up WD and wizard together loot wise (int) it's still 2 out of 5 classes. So it's normal 60% of the loot is totally useless for you. For barbarians it's even tougher as they are only str user. Of course it's not that straight forward but gives a bit perspective.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    blizzard gets a small bit to help improve the game.
    Dev 1: Hey guys, we got some money from the RMAH. Lets hire more people, upgrade the servers and get improving the game!
    Dev 2: Or... We could buy more bling than the Wu Tang Clan, buy flash cars and spend the next 6 months stuffing 50 dollar bills into strippers pants.
    Dev 1: Tough call...

OP: Whilst I am not sure I believe it is some conspiracy, I do find it strange that we almost always seem to find crossbows and 2H weapons. Oh and barbarian belts. It has come to the point where it is a running joke in the group, every single boss drops at least 3 2H weapons. I have only ever seen 2 ceremonial knives and we are currently on act 2 inferno. This is a 4 man group!

As for the 'rares are as good as legendary's' it all comes down to random itemization. Legendary's of the same level as rares have the POTENTIAL to be amazing. But that doesn't mean they are. What you see on the AH is a result of RNG at its best, plus the fact that the best items sell fast. The AH will be clogged up with rares for sure, but only the truely good items will be worth a lot of money. What we need are some slightly improved tools for searching the AH IMO.

Seriously though all this crap from people that have played Diablo 1 and 2 talking about itemization, I played both of those games too and I can't see what the big difference is. It has always been like this. Just because you have played 7 years of WoW and your used to the colour being linked to how good it is doesn't mean it is a set in stone rule.

Better colour = increased POTENTIAL

Blue can still be better than legendary. But ultimately best legendary will hands down beat best blue. It's the rules of RNG, and its what Diablo is all about!

This is what the world has come to, pissing and moaning about random loot used to be the hallmark of someone just acting like a child now it needs to be explained by some corporate money grabbing conspiracy.

I guess it was blizzard's ploy in wrath to keep my 15$ a month by never dropping Heroic DBW was it?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    90% the "rare/yellow" drops are items for other classes?
    Flawed logic.

The money that will be made from the RMAH is from the items that don't sell. You will pay Blizzard, whether the item sells or not, and it's in their best interest for items not to sell. What I predict, is that only extremely rare items will sell, and everything else will be garbage. I've listed several Rare quality items for 2-3k gold, and none of them sold. I've bought lots of items for vendor cost, even some rares that are pretty decent.

Unless something drastically changes in the demand, I see the RMAH just being a place where legendaries are sold for a few bucks each, and everything else is worthless.

Deleted
    It's not the loot drops that are driving me to browse the AH. It's my own impatience!
    I am way to impatient to wait for the perfectly itemized stuff to drop, so if I wanna try out a different gear setup, I just browse the AH for it.
    That cannot be blamed on the randomization, but on myself.

Personally, I have gotten very lucky with drops and have 6 rares that were good for me equipped right now having just finished Normal solo. I get odd good things for other classes, and some with stats that make no sense whatsoever. If you get a lot of stuff for other classes, you don't have to sell it on the RMAH, you can sell it on the gold AH. To the people that are saying the gold AH will not be used, I think you're wrong. There will be people out there that do not want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    SNIP

Has anyone else noticed this?
    You can bet given how much time and effort has been put into the RMAH and the "NEED" blizzard has for it to be successful, that the gear drops and so -called random drops is more of a carefully manicured system, so that it drives people to either the RMAH or the in game Gold AH.

Everything is now worth real cash (gold and gear in some fashion) blizzard will want to push you that direction to use one or the other AH and the RMAH being the preferable one as blizzard will get a direct cut of cash immediately.

blizzard has total control of the drop system and can adjust it to push people into the RMAH for that cut of cash, just as they can seed the RMAH themselves with bogus accounts and no one would ever know (and blizzard would adamantly deny doing it in every possible way, even turning it back on players as just a conspiracy theory group).

Once again, all done to temp people to buy from the RMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Dev 1: Hey guys, we got some money from the RMAH. Lets hire more people, upgrade the servers and get improving the game!
    Dev 2: Or... We could buy more bling than the Wu Tang Clan, buy flash cars and spend the next 6 months stuffing 50 dollar bills into strippers pants.
    Dev 1: Tough call...
    You act as if the developers have any say whatsoever in where the money goes and what is done with it. That's ALL corporate. They are the ones stuffing their pockets, and they are the ones who makes the decisions on how many servers you can or can't have, how many people to have on the team, and in what direction the game goes. Don't be ignorant and get mad at the developers.

Past Wirt's Bell, what else is gold gonna be used for? Nothing.

Concerning RMAH... Well it's not even out yet. Wait for it to come out, and see how people gravitate to it (or don't) then, maybe, restate your case.

I also have to say.

Just remember, those items on the AH had to drop SOMEWHERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get stuff for all classes all the time. Mostly its worthless, but a good mix of it all.

To answer the thread title, Yes. And thank heavens for the option other wise I would be stuck in like lvl 17 blue items opposed to lvl current yellows.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Yeah but I bet my level 60 yellow would do alright.
    if by alright you mean less than 5 dollars, probably.

There are two auctions houses, one of them is just gold and the RMAH isn't even live yet. No one is forcing you to use either, and I think most people will continue to use the gold auction house anyways.

As for the loot, it's totally random...I didn't play either of the last installments myself, but I assume it was the same way then. Even most of the rares aren't exactly well-itemized for any of the 5 classes, for example I've seen many pieces with strength and intellect amongst other stats which is not ideal for anyone. As for the RMAH, I don't really expect much to sell for more than like 15 cents beyond greatly itemized level 60 pieces or perhaps gold itself. People can be crazy, but when there is a gold AH right there, I don't really think a lot of people will want to buy from the RMAH...could be wrong, but really the only people that I expect will buy anything are the most hardcore players....Blizzard isn't going to make a heck of a lot of money with it. Instead they'll make their money by selling millions and millions of copies of their game, which they've already done.