Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Stuck on butcher hell mode .He keep 1 shooting me with his chains.
    You realize you are supposed to dodge the chains? It's extremely easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it harder or easier as a group or solo? I've heard both sides of the story but haven't really tried either out yet and don't know myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWishMaster View Post
    this isnt diablo... this a cheap copy of world of warcraft, how the hell u say let it have the same feeling as diablo2? do u remember AH and acheivements on Diablo2? or u remember "bosses" having Tactics? i remember collecting my high runes, my charms, my fixed armors. is there anything of this there??
    this is WoW on its non-mmorpg version imo.. ppl waited 12years, for what? they quit diablo, they start wow and the "new" diablo they got was a wow copy. Gz blizz.
    runes and charmes were added in the expansion. diablo 2 didn't have them either. and achievements is a negative point? go back to your nostalgia cave and play diablo 2 with no expansion and no patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    This is Diablo not world of warcraft. Diablo is about gear grind, pvp will added later. Stop comparing it to wow its a totally different game. And nobody gives a rats arsea about who's worlds first about killing something. THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Keep the frigging wow mentality on the wow servers. And let the diablo have the same feel as diablo 2. But unfortunatly with this annual pass, the game is floded with wow players. And its so obvious on every forum.
    Really, you're shocked to find WoW players on a WoW site?

I understand that Diablo is primarily about gear grind. You say that as if it's a good thing that this is the only thing Diablo is about. You refer to linear progression as if it's a bad thing to "beat the game".

What's the point of grinding gear if you've cleared the hardest difficulty? I honestly don't understand it.

I understand the "play through the campaign on progressively harder difficulties, and get better and better gear" part. It is indeed very enjoyable. But grinding the gear to get through Inferno should take months. Otherwise I don't see the point of grinding, and I don't understand what longevity those people who rushed to clear Inferno in the first week will find in this game.

There's hardcore mode but that's a separate character with a separate stash, and Inferno hardcore seems like insanity, since you could easily die after hours and hours of progress due to RNG or connectivity issues. Is the true endgame possibly farming good enough gear as a hardcore character that insta-death in Inferno becomes a low enough risk to be viable?

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:10 PM ----------

this isnt diablo... this a cheap copy of world of warcraft, how the hell u say let it have the same feeling as diablo2? do u remember AH and acheivements on Diablo2? or u remember "bosses" having Tactics? i remember collecting my high runes, my charms, my fixed armors. is there anything of this there??
    this is WoW on its non-mmorpg version imo.. ppl waited 12years, for what? they quit diablo, they start wow and the "new" diablo they got was a wow copy. Gz blizz.
    Please stop posting, that's just abysmal drivel that absolutely no one wants to read.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Really, you're shocked to find WoW players on a WoW site?

I understand that Diablo is primarily about gear grind. You say that as if it's a good thing that this is the only thing Diablo is about. You refer to linear progression as if it's a bad thing to "beat the game".

What's the point of grinding gear if you've cleared the hardest difficulty? I honestly don't understand it.

I understand the "play through the campaign on progressively harder difficulties, and get better and better gear" part. It is indeed very enjoyable. But grinding the gear to get through Inferno should take months. Otherwise I don't see the point of grinding, and I don't understand what longevity those people who rushed to clear Inferno in the first week will find in this game.

There's hardcore mode but that's a separate character with a separate stash, and Inferno hardcore seems like insanity, since you could easily die after hours and hours of progress due to RNG or connectivity issues. Is the true endgame possibly farming good enough gear as a hardcore character that insta-death in Inferno becomes a low enough risk to be viable?

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:10 PM ----------

Please stop posting, that's just abysmal drivel that absolutely no one wants to read.
    I am also taking my time with it. I was going to go for all of the achievements, but seeing as Hardcore is most likely going to be a waste of time since, like you said, if you DC, its a crap load of time wasted.

Not worth it. D3 will not have so much longevity for me, I will probably just clear it on Inferno, and maybe again on another class, but that is it, unless they come out with expansions, which I can see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    This is Diablo not world of warcraft. Diablo is about gear grind, pvp will added later. Stop comparing it to wow its a totally different game. And nobody gives a rats arsea about who's worlds first about killing something. THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Keep the frigging wow mentality on the wow servers. And let the diablo have the same feel as diablo 2. But unfortunatly with this annual pass, the game is floded with wow players. And its so obvious on every forum.
    Yeah the wow players need to be asking why cataclysm was such a sh!t expansion at least diablo 3 is an improvement on diablo 2 and I loved d2. Now burning crusade, that was when wow was made for gamers not for the console instant gratification crowd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    runes and charmes were added in the expansion. diablo 2 didn't have them either. and achievements is a negative point? go back to your nostalgia cave and play diablo 2 with no expansion and no patches.
    No thanks, wow kept me busy the past 6-7 years, aint going back to D2 nor starting D3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theres still armor sets you can get... hell... Tal Rashas set is still in the game... and... omg, they added new features!!?!? BLASPHEMY!

Also, if you recall, runes were NOT in D2 when it first launched... that came with LoD, which I'm sure they will add stuff with the D3 expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Yeah the wow players need to be asking why cataclysm was such a sh!t expansion at least diablo 3 is an improvement on diablo 2 and I loved d2. Now burning crusade, that was when wow was made for gamers not for the console instant gratification crowd.
    There's literally dozens of places where you can discuss Diablo 3, that aren't on the biggest World of Warcraft site on the Internet.

WHY do you people feel the need to come here and shit over a game we like?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

I'm on the same boat, probably going to hit 60 and just do Hell/Inferno with mates when they ask. Otherwise I'm returning back to WoW / Dota 2.

There most likely will be an expansion, as seen at the end of Act 3. You know who I mean. (No spoilers)

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, wow kept me busy the past 6-7 years, aint going back to D2 nor starting D3.
    Wait wait... your bashing a game you HAVENT EVEN STARTED PLAYING?

/facepalm... I regret even replying now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Is it supposed to be harder if you solo it? Downed Butcher on inferno not an hour ago, didn't really feel it was achievement worthy.
    Depends on group composition. And if the players in the group are good. Since sometimes its harder and sometimes its easier in group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaperr View Post
    Wait wait... your bashing a game you HAVENT EVEN STARTED PLAYING?

/facepalm... I regret even replying now...
    it happens that i live next to an internet-cafe and my friends working there. i had the chance to see the whole game and even play on my friends characters and check the gamestylle etc.
    By NOT starting doesnt mean i havent "tested" first.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    There's literally dozens of places where you can discuss Diablo 3, that aren't on the biggest World of Warcraft site on the Internet.

WHY do you people feel the need to come here and shit over a game we like?
    I am just making a point that diablo 3 was well made, the biggest complaint has been the error 37, I do understand that not everything blizzard does can be better then what they did in the past and cataclysm was bad compared to the rest of the wow expansions, but now that wow is at a low in terms of quality and quantity content, it will be easy for blizzard to make MoP look great in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    it happens that i live next to an internet-cafe and my friends working there. i had the chance to see the whole game and even play on my friends characters and check the gamestylle etc.
    By NOT starting doesnt mean i havent "tested" first.
    This may be hard to believe, but no one cares about your opinion. At all.

What we care about is having discussions with other people where we learn something. Blindly raging about something you just absolutely dislike is not interesting to anyone.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    I am just making a point that diablo 3 was well made, the biggest complaint has been the error 37, I do understand that not everything blizzard does can be better then what they did in the past and cataclysm was bad compared to the rest of the wow expansions, but now that wow is at a low in terms of quality and quantity content, it will be easy for blizzard to make MoP look great in comparison.
    Cataclysm was great at launch, possibly the best expansion launch. At the same time you're right that post-launch patches have been terrible, probably because they're spread thin developing four titles. Anyway, back to Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    You realize you are supposed to dodge the chains? It's extremely easy to do.
    I can dodge the one long one but its the ones that he throw 5 of them that rapes me .i was even at the end of the map and it still reach me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I can dodge the one long one but its the ones that he throw 5 of them that rapes me .i was even at the end of the map and it still reach me.
    Then you simply dont have enough HP, you should be able to survive that. And all ranged classes have an ability to avoid them, you just have to use it properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is nothing like WoW, and plays exactly like Diablo 2 classic which also had no charms and runes.