Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's not possible and you would create an impossible loop. You go back in time to fix something and you succeed you will never travel back in time because the problem won't be there in the future, meaning that it will be there because you didn't travel back to fix it.
    See the problem, you would have to create multiple universes for it to be possible since time isn't even a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    This is by no means true. God does indeed throw dice.
    I know, look at the platypus!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Time travel by the definition of travelling days/months/years into the future does not exist.
    Time travel by the definition of moving faster in a set amount of time as opposed to moving in normal speed exists.

Time travel is just another thing weak people dream about to escape real life. Sort of like people believing in religion. But thats a whole other topic
    I was going to counter that insult, but then I read your post history and decided there was no point. It's your problem if you think that.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by ahito-san View Post
    they tuk ur juuubs!
    detuker derrrrr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    It's not possible and you would create an impossible loop. You go back in time to fix something and you succeed you will never travel back in time because the problem won't be there in the future, meaning that it will be there because you didn't travel back to fix it.
    See the problem, you would have to create multiple universes for it to be possible since time isn't even a thing.
    I never understood the idea that a past that has already occurred has any chance of altering the present. I understand the idea behind the grandfather paradox, I just don't think it's valid.

Lets say I go back in time and leave my wife at home. Whilst in the past I kick Hitler in the vagina until he dies. When I go back into the future it will be different right? What happened to my wife? Did she experience the change in the present? it not then that means she always existed in a world where hitler was killed, and that is not in fact my wife. My real wife is out there somewhere. Really if after I kill hitler and then use my magic machine to go back to the "present" why would wouldn't I just go back to MY present? Why would I be go back to the alternate "present" where Hitler was killed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always believed if time travel was possible then we'd already have humans from the future coming back etc...but then i think of it like this...has time travel been invented yet...if say they discover it 2moro...that doesnt mean that 2moro has already happened...the first strain of time has to first discover time travel. Does that make sense? Like if time travel were to be figured out then that doesnt mean the future people have already figured it out and can come back because there has to be a "first time" that its invented. I feel it disproves the arguement of " time travel can't exist because we'd already know about it from future people coming back etc ". Who knows its all interesting thoughts. I just want a hover craft =(

Deleted
    Because you can only travel as far back as the 1st time travelling machine was invented, and since we don't have one, we won't see future humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    In order to believe that time travel is possible, you first have to believe that time does not exist. If this is the case then the future has already happened. Why then, haven't we been visited by future humans?

Does anyone have any explanation for why this hasn't happened?
    Making the argument, "Why haven't they visited us yet?" is ludicrous. Any person claiming to be from the future would no doubt be deemed a lunatic and locked up. It's like saying, "If dinosaurs were real, how come I've never seen one?" and then destroying every fossil you're ever shown.

And as to your next question... the answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    I'd like to point interesting but rather pointless observation.

We already see into the past. Every moment we see is technically past.

For example, Sun if you look into sun you will see what is happening there 8minutes ago. (forgive if I am not correct on the time, I don't remember the accurate time for it.)
    Also the Hubble telescope. It looks into the past because the light isn't moving at instant speed.

On the time travel I have mixed feelings, I believe it is possible in some manner, but to actually reverse "time" or forward it so trees would ungrow, human and animals be unborn and enter "time" before that and actually touch stuff just seems impossible. I could be wrong.

Light is tricky concept to use with time travel.

It is possible in fact !

I've thought long and hard about this for some time. The thing is, IMO, if someone travels to the past they cannot change it. It is the whole paradox thing.

If you go back to change something, that means that you never changed it in the first place. If you did somehow change it, you would never have gone back in time to change it because it never happened. So, I do agree with you that the future does exist and set in in stone.

The same rule applies, even though it is the future, if we were to go into the future and try to change something or do something, it would have happened anyways. Thus not changing the future either because it was part of the future. IMO, I don't think "changing" the past/future is possible because it would have already been done if you were going to be successful, which you would not know to even want to go back and change it.

Observing seems like a very good possibility, just not the changing part.

Deleted
    Time travel is pretty much a fact. It's possible to travel forward in time by going really fast.

Proof? atomic clocks going out of sync when one is stationed on the ground and the other in a plane flying around the earth.

As for traveling backwards in time, that's still up for debate. But personally I don't think it's impossible.
    But you get into really theoretical science with a fourth dimension and the concept of time being non-linear. We'll just have to wait and see.

And who says we haven't been visited by people from the future? How can you tell?