Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    If you are monk or barb, you have to get a shield and go tank mode. Hell and Inferno does too much damage with normal gear to withstand it.

As for the 3 ranged/casters, forget vit and just stack dps. And get some survival abilties to survive. If you got 6k or 30k hp won't matter when the mobs hit for 20-40k a hit, which they do on Inferno and some mobs late Hell.

Also, if none of this helps and you just are too bad or don't got the gear/gold for it, just join a game with other players, it's way easier. Yes the mobs hurts more and have more hp, but being able to ress others does a ton.
    Disagreed. switching one piece for a little less damage and a little more health/physical resistance made it so I could survive the butcher's aoe chain thing. Health and resistance go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Just out of curiosity, doesn't changing your skill reset you Nephalem Valor buff? I thought it was going to be best to pick a build and stick with it to increase your chances of finding loot.
    Yeah I think that's how it works- I just know I've found switching certain abilities almost crucial to kill certain things (at least for me anyways.) I'm probably going to start sticking just with what I'm running getting into later stages of hell/inferno but I also know a guildy from wow hasn't changed anything at all and it doesn't seem like he's really got anything more than I have. I'd be interested to know exactly how it works though, and how long you need to go to notice a difference?

Edit: after looking it up apparently it doesn't start till level 60

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Why? The reason you had to kite enemies is because you DIDNT have resistances built up. I have a good amount of physical res and im able to take a massive beating from champs and camp packs in HELL. I have a problem with FireChains, Molten and Decicrator. So Im buying items on the AH that have STR, VIT, and FIRE RES or PHYS RES. Im able to dominate hell elites without kiting. To each his own I guess.
    Don't know about others but my problem isn't that I have no resist. I have very little in fact, but the reason I have to kite is simply because the rares and champions have so much health that it simply takes, a relatively, long time to kill them. I simply run out of ways to avoid them, using smoke screens and whatnot. So I need to kite them around while I shoot and chain my CDs when I can.

Maybe it's different for other classes but I doubt I could stand toe to toe very long with a champion, without kiting, no matter how much I had resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Because he's a WD. WD's damage comes from intellect. Intellect provides resistances.
    Its not even remotely enough to rely simply on int alone. Not even CLOSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding it easier than nightmare.
    I fell in love with your sin

I found nightmare easier than normal in some occasions.
    Last edited by ende; 2012-05-31 at 09:28 AM.