Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Yes, because you can only either 100% love something or 100% hate it?

I am not white knighting for the game like almost everybody else here.
    You're more of a gump than the people you've hilariously dubbed as white knights. At least they're enjoying the game, or not buying it and enjoying the $60 they saved. You're hating the game you can't stop buying.

Self inflicted wounds, brother.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're more of a gump than the people you've hilariously dubbed as white knights. At least they're enjoying the game, or not buying it and enjoying the $60 they saved. You're hating the game you can't stop buying.

Self inflicted wounds, brother.
    I enjoyed the game. They could have improved on certain features.

I am glad I don't live in a world where I have to 100% love something or 100% hate it. That's the sign of a pretty small mind.

I enjoyed the game. They could have improved on certain features.

I am glad I don't live in a world where I have to 100% love something or 100% hate it. That's the sign of a pretty small mind.
    Ah yes. Purchasing a product that's never completely satisfied you or met your expectations is the sign of brilliance, especially when it's the same complaint every time.

Smiley so my insult doesn't make me look like a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are focusing on the hack and slash portion, however no one has touched on the (in my opinion) superb voice work. Every NPC you can talk to has fully voiced lines, not to mention all the lore you can listen to about various monsters, people, and places. That alone makes it better then it's predecessors. And lets not forget the beautiful cutscenes that Blizzard is known for.

The only thing that majorly disappoints me, is the story. It was greatly interesting, until the rushed as fuck Act 4(Personal opinion)
    The game is what I expected, it's amazing, and I'm currently playing through nightmare.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Diablo 3 is exactly like a World of Warcraft raid. You just do the exact same thing on several difficulty settings... but in an isometric 3D view style that went out of fashion even before Diablo 2 came out

Deleted
    Once again the expectations were too damn high, impossible to achieve!

Also, before the release, I saw lots and lots of people comparing D3 to MMO's over and over...completely clueless about what the Diablo franchise truly is.

They just had their little fantasy of how the game was going to be and how Blizzard games are always amazing, all that biased crap.

I'm not surprised by the amount of shitstorms it has generated, in fact I was expecting it, and it's kind of funny to see it turn out this way.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fine and I believe most old Diablo players like me will enjoy it greatly for a few months...and then we'll have expansions, to reignite the interest.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2012-05-22 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Make drops BOP, remove AH. If you want better armor you can damn well farm for it youself.

Add a story / map editor adding years to the games lifespan. Official expansions would still sell.

Add an easy way to distribute the user content.

Now the game kicks ass.

Why do you care? Is it hurting your experience to know that somebody was dissatisfied?

"Waaah, I wish everybody would either love it or just not say anything!!!"
    No, it hurts people's eyes reading about how people feel betrayed by Blizzard over and over again. And yet people still buy their games. If you really feel Blizzard is betraying your trust, stop paying. It's that easy.

But seeing as the game broke all pre-order records I guess a lot of people don't feel the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No, it hurts people's eyes reading about how people feel betrayed by Blizzard over and over again. And yet people still buy their games. If you really feel Blizzard is betraying your trust, stop paying. It's that easy.

But seeing as the game broke all pre-order records I guess a lot of people don't feel the same way.
    Sheeple like the diablo 3 grass? That doesn't surprise me one bit. They made 50 cent in a lab and people ate it up, doesn't mean it's any good... Hell I bought the fucking game. That's marketing for you.

The Instance Podcast has a pretty good review of the game this week, usually the Instance is a WoW podcast but this episode is all Diablo III. They go on to say that people should not go nerd nuts over release day blues but they also say Bliz should of had more servers since they knew what the demand would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    A partial repost from another thread, but valid here as well...

I think the problem some people have is not with Diablo 3 per se, but with Blizzard Entertainment and what appears to be a change in their game design from ‘customers’ to ‘marketing’. Blizzard made no bones that D3 was going to be an online only game. We were all given plenty of warning. We understand that players should just not buy the game if that is a problem. After all, why spend 60 bucks for a very short, buggy, laggy, occasionally unplayable Single Player game?

Sure, it is a logical argument to tell people that have 'different expectations' that they are off base and should just not buy the game. But that's not much of an answer and theres a huge cognitive dissonance there with Blizzard's past behavior. Besides, there are other companies like Valve that are both able to generate fantastic single player games and also monetize them online. The two audiences do not HAVE to be mutually exclusive, but Blizzard is forcing players to be either 'one' or 'the other' rather than happily catering to BOTH.

And isn’t that kind of sad? Is that the kind of attitude that once made Blizzard great? Blizzard used to make games simply for the sake of it – games they wanted EVERYONE to play. D3 is a palpable shift in philosophy. I wish Bliz the best. I do not fault people who buy and enjoy the game for what it is. However, I do not think it is sensible to get on people's cases when they complain about what the game is NOT either. I understand perfectly that Blizzard has made a business decision and decided to tell the LAN/Single Player market “this game is not for you”. But to see Blizzard - BLIZZARD of all companies – say that to a huge number of its loyal customers? That’s just sad. For other PLAYERS to do it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sheeple like the diablo 3 grass? That doesn't surprise me one bit. They made 50 cent in a lab and people ate it up, doesn't mean it's any good... Hell I bought the fucking game. That's marketing for you.
    I didn't pay a cent. Got the Annual Pass within an hour of it going live. But having played the game I can safely say I would not have regretted shelling out €60 for it.

But all in all the game is nothing more than they advertised, and nothing less. They promised an online-only sequel to Diablo 2, with random loot and dungeons, with expertly crafted cinematics, and diverse classes. And we got that. People are getting too upset over the game not being something that wasn't promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I didn't pay a cent. Got the Annual Pass within an hour of it going live. But having played the game I can safely say I would not have regretted shelling out €60 for it.

But all in all the game is nothing more than they advertised, and nothing less. They promised an online-only sequel to Diablo 2, with random loot and dungeons, with expertly crafted cinematics, and diverse classes. And we got that. People are getting too upset over the game not being something that wasn't promised.
    See it's all clever. Yes it's random loot but the loot tables are so backwards that getting a legendary is meaningless and most people will just get funneled to the AH. The cinematics are beautiful but ultimately boring. Blizzard usually has over the top action cinematics but in d3 they feel almost tame in comparison. They're definetly beautiful and rendered well but ultimately their soulless and easily skipped. Class diversity is true but it's forgotten pretty fast when you realize that within those classes you don't get a really diverse amount of abilities to use at higher lvls of diffilculty. It's nice the monk is different from the WD but I only get to use a handful of abilities on either...

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    See it's all clever. Yes it's random loot but the loot tables are so backwards that getting a legendary is meaningless and most people will just get funneled to the AH. The cinematics are beautiful but ultimately boring. Blizzard usually has over the top action cinematics but in d3 they feel almost tame in comparison. They're definetly beautiful and rendered well but ultimately their soulless and easily skipped. Class diversity is true but it's forgotten pretty fast when you realize that within those classes you don't get a really diverse amount of abilities to use at higher lvls of diffilculty. It's nice the monk is different from the WD but I only get to use a handful of abilities on either...
    Legendaries are more or less what the Uniques were to D2. There were a few good ones, but that still left almost 200 others that weren't used by anyone if they had a choice in the matter. It's the same here. To be quite honest, I think they should have kept the tag Unique, instead of using Legendary. Would be far more fitting and far less confusing to people coming from other games where legendary items are usually superior to mostly everything else.

And how is the AH different from the old trading, except that gold is the main currency now? People were still trading, though in items. Gold was absolutely worthless in D2, it was everywhere and it was a hassle to pick up. And you never got to use it anyway except for the rare gambling amulet here and there.

The cinematics could have been better, yes, but that is all down to opinion and personal preferences. I would have loved to seem them with a bit more something, but for me they did what they were supposed to.

I do not know about the other classes since I haven't taken them to high levels yet, but the Wizard has quite a few interesting choices and combinations that have both incredible strengths and incredible weaknesses. And no, I have not yet even selected Force Armor in the skill list.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand all the hate that is coming at this game. Every game that comes out, every patch that is released by Blizzard, hundreds of people rage out and get all butt devastated about the smallest and most minuet things. If you think you can make a better game than what Blizzard has produced, go do it, otherwise sit down, shut up, and play the games you buy. Myself and quite a few of my friends all LOVE Diablo 3, I've played Diablo 2 for YEARS, since it came out until Diablo 3's release. I am not disappointed with D3, I KNOW that people build up these games to be the perfect game and all these unreasonable awesome addons. Please be realistic with your expectations and enjoy the new Diablo 3 game that IS up to its expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    People expected 9/10 and got 4/10, they have full right to complain.
    And other people have full right to dismiss their complaints, since it's all subjective.

Wouldn't surprise me if you're considering user votes at metacritic. Anyone with a sane mind knows it's the shithole of the universe.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-05-24 at 05:09 AM.