Deleted

Lack of enthusiasm to replay

Hey guys. So, I just replayed normal mode in about 8 hours. Long story short I was, like many, prey to the trick of being set to US servers when I'm in the EU and I didn't notice. I didn't feel like waiting for Blizzard to add in a migration feature (mostly because I doubt they ever will.) So here I am now, with my 2nd level 30 now on EU and I'm not really feeling like playing again. Is it perhaps because I've seen the campaign twice already, or is it just me? I know obviously people have cleared the game 4 times at least, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Are the new skills going to keep me interested? As a wizard, starting at Act I with Archon, I can see that would be fun, but then I think of seeing the same zones over again and it makes me despair. ;P

Any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are new passives unlocked at various levels, every 5 or so, more gear, more challenges, more events to discover, but overall the gameplay is always identical. Hack & slash dungeon-crawler. If you're not fond of grinding...then this isn't the game for you

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game play is not interesting to you then no, there would be no reason to replay it. The story you only need one play though for. Gameplay on different difficutlies with different classes is what gets other people to play longer. But even they get bored with it after awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There are new passives unlocked at various levels, every 5 or so, more gear, more challenges, more events to discover, but overall the gameplay is always identical. Hack & slash dungeon-crawler. If you're not fond of grinding...then this isn't the game for you
    I will probably go through Nightmare, I think I just need a short break then, I guess. Playing normal once then again the day after till the end has worn me out, for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, a lot of people jumped on the Diablo bandwagon expecting it to be a Mass Effect storyline, with a WoW level MMO and replayability.

While not being those things doesn't make it a BAD game, it hit a lot of people in a sore spot when it comes to expectations. I would still recommend it to anyone and everyone, but there is a particular type of person that will certainly squeeze more blood (Years of it) out of Diablo than others.

Some people burn through the game faster than they should have, by not exploring, or grouping with friends. They get to the end of Normal (which is certainly not the end of the game by any stretch), and realize they burned themselves out of what they were expecting.

I play games a lot. I play diablo a lot, yet I haven't even hit Act 4 yet on normal. I'm taking my time, playing with friends, and exploring the different classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm still playing my first run of skyrim....that's how slow i go with games :S Gonna be years till i play diablo 3 -.-

Deleted
    See this is why I refused from purchasing it at first, and instead got a starter edition key off a friend.

Incredibly glad I did as I worked out pretty fast this wasn't the game for me, I struggled to play through the demo for the very honest reason that it bored the hell out of me. I've never played a dungeon crawler before but I thought the difficulty was mockingly easy (yes, I appreciate there are much harder difficulties), as a Demon Hunter it really just seemed a case of left-click attacking for a little while then holding down right click to machine gun enemies. Gripped me for about an hour as I was determined to try and get into it, I simply couldn't, it just felt needlessly repetitive and the voice actor seemed like a parody (Decard Caine is appalling).

This has the same mentality that's put me off of WoW, I don't see how doing something multiple times with different increments in difficulty is a rewarding play experience. It's forced repetition out of the game. If the harder difficulty levels didn't require multiple play-throughs to get the required gear it wouldn't be so bad, but it does just seem to be forcing life into something that would otherwise die off fairly quickly.

Don't mean to slate, but from the perspective of someone who otherwise hadn't played Diablo and/or a plethora of dungeon crawler games, this is the primary reaction I felt.

Just my opinion OP, it seems like a hollow concept and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    See this is why I refused from purchasing it at first, and instead got a starter edition key off a friend.

Incredibly glad I did as I worked out pretty fast this wasn't the game for me, I struggled to play through the demo for the very honest reason that it bored the hell out of me. I've never played a dungeon crawler before but I thought the difficulty was mockingly easy (yes, I appreciate there are much harder difficulties), as a Demon Hunter it really just seemed a case of left-click attacking for a little while then holding down right click to machine gun enemies. Gripped me for about an hour as I was determined to try and get into it, I simply couldn't, it just felt needlessly repetitive and the voice actor seemed like a parody (Decard Caine is appalling).

This has the same mentality that's put me off of WoW, I don't see how doing something multiple times with different increments in difficulty is a rewarding play experience. It's forced repetition out of the game. If the harder difficulty levels didn't require multiple play-throughs to get the required gear it wouldn't be so bad, but it does just seem to be forcing life into something that would otherwise die off fairly quickly.

Don't mean to slate, but from the perspective of someone who otherwise hadn't played Diablo and/or a plethora of dungeon crawler games, this is the primary reaction I felt.

Just my opinion OP, it seems like a hollow concept and I agree.
    Diablo is an intended grindfest to acquire and trade high-end gear. If that's not your thing, you're probably not going to enjoy it.

Like the rest of the people here said, it might not be the game for you, hell i i'm gona crawl my way through Normal with like duno what class yet, though and i'm considering witch-doctor, but yeh, i wont even bother about nightmare etc. but thats me, for what it s it's a good game, i might play act 1 nightmare with friends at lans etc but yeh..other than that nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Diablo is an intended grindfest to acquire and trade high-end gear. If that's not your thing, you're probably not going to enjoy it.
    I agree.

That aside the difficulty thing has still been the biggest influencing factor on my opinion. If there felt like a bit more engagement and tactics involved I would probably see that side of the game in a better light.

But being forced to run through the easy difficulty which ultimately can be played with 1 hand whilst half asleep effectively deterred me from playing through to any of the games other merits.

I acknowledge that this isn't my type of game, and I think the large popularity of this game shows that many others don't agree with me.

Also, Normal is honestly very boring. It starts picking up, I honestly feel the real normal is in fact nightmare.

Its dumb, but if you truly feel that you have no reason to continue playing after normal, I think you sadly mistook the meaning of Diablo as a game. not gonna bash you on it, but more apologize you don't like the game as much as many people do. Its fun, but everyone has different tastes in everything, including vidya games.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    Also, Normal is honestly very boring. It starts picking up, I honestly feel the real normal is in fact nightmare.

Its dumb, but if you truly feel that you have no reason to continue playing after normal, I think you sadly mistook the meaning of Diablo as a game. not gonna bash you on it, but more apologize you don't like the game as much as many people do. Its fun, but everyone has different tastes in everything, including vidya games.
    I understood what I was getting into with Diablo, I expected what it was and I enjoyed it. I played it at my normal pace, which was reasonably slow on my first play though, I just rushed my second normal clear. I like D3, I didn't say I was going to give it up or that I expected it to be an MMO. Truth be told, the thread's point was rather meaningless, and for that I apologies. I'll be definitely clearing nightmare, at least.