Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No Evidence of Bin Laden's Death

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323364

"Pentagon officials recently disclosed to the Associated Press (AP) that they could not find any photo or video evidence to confirm that Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was killed in the Navy Seal raid in Pakistan a year ago.
    AP has submitted more than 20 requests for information surrounding the raid on Bin Laden’s Abbottabad compound to the U.S. government under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)."
    "Bowman also pointed to the reports that Bin Laden died in 2001 or 2002, which have been supported by former FBI counter-terrorism chief Dale Watson, former assistant Secretary of State Steve Pieczenik, former U.S. foreign intelligence officer Angelo Codevilla and other intelligence experts. “This smacks of a cover-up,” Bowman added."

I stumbled on this today.
    Considering the fact that the disposal of his apparent body in the Ocean is controversial; If Associated Press got a quote from the Pentagon stating this; then what now? Was the whole point of the war after 9/11 more pointless than it seems now?
    Does this make the War on terror more irrelevant and a lie?

I'd like to see what others have to say about this.
    This is not a Conspiracy thread; I want honest, realistic and any evidence possible presented to back up information.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

So then why would the Pentagon who issued said raid have no video or photographic evidence when the FOIA was used?
    Obelodalix

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Members of Congress were shown the photos of a dead bin Laden. Even the most anti-Obama members affirmed that it was indeed bin Laden.

They *almost* released it to the world, but decided not to, to avoid showing grisly photos, and to keep from making Osama even more of a martyr.
    This. It's been confirmed by many, many people. Chances are you wont see pictures of it for 20-30+ years when they release them finally.

I wouldn't show them to the press either. It's ignorant reporters writing and posting blogs about shit like this on every facet of social media and news that you can think of that gets soldiers killed by extremists going after revenge for this shit.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that Seal Team Six were wearing helmet cams during the whole thing

Osama is as dead as dead can be... and for ones the us goverment dit the absolut right thing, by not releasing the photo's.
    There will always be people that says he isent dead. same thing happent with Hitler and Elvis

Yeah even Al Qaeda came out and admitted he was dead, which while normally would be a "THATS A GREAT PLAN", Al Qaeda is very.... I don't give a shit? about what you people think. If he was alive, they would have laughed at the Americans and presented to the world how stupid America was in their attempts to kill him.

The source you cited is one I've never heard of and gives news that flies against everything we know to be true. I'm going to take a gamble and say the article is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I was under the impression that Seal Team Six were wearing helmet cams during the whole thing
    That's what I heard also.

Shiveron; that seems to be the most logical comment so far. No need to endanger the soldiers more than they already are. Photos/videos would such set an enrage timer off.
    Obelodalix

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Osama and Elvis are chilling in Area 51 with the Roswell aliens, who cling onto Obama's TRUE Kenyan birth certificate.
    Putin khuliyo

Honestly, the source on this is dubious at best, and downright atrocious at worst.

The article is DigitalJournal, which is not exactly a fountain of responsible reporting, and they are quoting the ArmyTimes, which is a Gannett Company. Gannett newspapers are known nationally for their poor quality of reporting and fabrication of material in order to sell print. Gannett is about as close as it gets to a company spanning the bridge between Newspaper and Tabloid.

Since neither of them link to an actual Associated Press statement, this is all just rumor-mongering at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The source you cited is one I've never heard of and gives news that flies against everything we know to be true. I'm going to take a gamble and say the article is a lie.
    Since Associated Press was a part of it, I was thinking it might not be false but then again... I never heard of this website either until today.
    Obelodalix

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    So then why would the Pentagon who issued said raid have no video or photographic evidence when the FOIA was used?
    national security reasoning, as in not to incite radicals, along with respect to Muslim beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post

Considering the fact that the disposal of his apparent body in the Ocean is controversial; If Associated Press got a quote from the Pentagon stating this; then what now? Was the whole point of the war after 9/11 more pointless than it seems now?
    Does this make the War on terror more irrelevant and a lie?
    Pretty sure most Americans do not see 9/11 as irrelevant...what a stupid and ignorant thing to say...let me guess..in 2001...you were 3 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    national security reasoning, as in not to incite radicals, along with respect to Muslim beliefs
    Appreciate the comments, guys.
    Obelodalix

The logical conclusion is that he is dead, even if it's not an absolute one. Trying to make a conclusion going against the conclusion that he's dead would be the one needing evidence, for me at least.

Deleted
    If he would be alive and free, he could just show up on some video and destory US government reputation. Either he is dead or alive in some CIA camp, where they would have free hand to torture him for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Members of Congress were shown the photos of a dead bin Laden. Even the most anti-Obama members affirmed that it was indeed bin Laden.
    Of course they did. Osama's been living on a remote paradise Island after he made a deal with the government to become a perfect scapegoat and a figurehead of their global campaings.

Damn, I forgot to buy more tinfoil. Now I have to wear the teflon kettle until tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo brother what's up? Got my tinfoil hat on so let's do this, yeah It's true. Bin laden wasn't killed, hitler wasnt either. They're chilling with 2pac and Presley as we speak, sick I know! But so true!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Pretty sure most Americans do not see 9/11 as irrelevant...what a stupid and ignorant thing to say...let me guess..in 2001...you were 3 years old?
    I am quite sure any involvement from al qaeda in the 9/11 attacks, was completly ruled out?

Yes 9/11 was the largest terrorist attack in the modern history..... in the western world that is. But the war was irrelevant. attacked the wrong front trying to solve the wrong problem. Completely irrelevant war.

Just like your war on drugs
    and you war on childhood obesity
    and your war on illiteracy
    and you ....

War on terror was a bad choice. live with it.
    sometimes its just best to rethink instead of impose.
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2012-05-01 at 09:40 PM.