Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Am I reading this wrong, or are the servers really down for 8 hours?

8 hours seems like an awful long time. Does anyone know if this is a typo, or if I am simply misinterpreting this?

awesome, 6pm on a tuesday and i cant play my single player game

I really hope this is just the WoW message and it's on D3 too for some reason, they shouldn't have to have weekly downtimes for D3.

Error 37 all over again
    Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I really hope this is just the WoW message and it's on D3 too for some reason, they shouldn't have to have weekly downtimes for D3.
    I'm okay with weekly downtimes, but 8 hours is a REALLY LONG time even for a long-time WoW player. I cannot remember the last time the WoW servers were down for more than a couple of hours, haha.

I'm so mad if it's true because this is my one day off, and I wanted to get ahead of my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't expecting an 8-hour maintenance all of a sudden.
    Although, it may have been announced, but I've literally been logged in 24/7.

Where did you get the P.m? It clearly says A.M. This wasn't that unusual in WoW a while ago. And it'd be worth it if it fixes the retarded lag.

Deleted
    Well... if they take along their battlenet authentification servers in the weekly downtime servicing, then D3 and SC2 will be unavailable same as WoW...

Deleted
    Actually it says 01:00 A.M.to 09:00 A.M. so yes you should be able to play at 6 P.M.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I cannot remember the last time the WoW servers were down for more than a couple of hours, haha.
    Think your memory's pretty shot up then..
    Also, I'm guessing this is US?

Quote Originally Posted by 8700kasper View Post
    Actually it says 01:00 A.M.to 09:00 A.M. so yes you should be able to play at 6 P.M.
    While these times may be spot on for you and me, there are people that live in other time zones that play this game. People should just be thankful it's not during "prime time" hours in the US. Although it's frustrating to me because these actually are my prime hours =/

It's not weekly maintenance. It's likely due to the little emergency that people in public games can steal all your stuff.

the world has many different time zones...
    anyway the time isn't the issue, that was just to highlight that i had plenty of available time to sink my teeth into a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    It's currently 6pm in Australia, prolly where you're all confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Grar View Post
    awesome, 6pm on a tuesday and i cant play my single player game
    You do realize that D3 is NOT a single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Think your memory's pretty shot up then..
    Also, I'm guessing this is US?
    It is US, yes. But when was the last time the WoW servers were down for 8 hours? lol. Serious question. I don't remember them being down that long when Firelands or Dragon Soul was released.

Quote Originally Posted by 8700kasper View Post

You realize people play this game around the world.
    Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools

- Napoleon Bonaparte

LOL 1 min before servers went down i got the heart of flame. Last part for my legendary staff quest. How do u think i feel that i dont even have time to fly out there and get my legendary. They started the warning when we just pulled domo. LOL at speed clear.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Deleted
    The EU had around 6 hours of emergency maintenance on Sunday afternoon (without any time estimate), it may be to apply the fix to whatever problems occured there. We also had a billion threads about the whole online only / single player game thing so please let's not start that again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grar View Post
    the world has many different time zones...
    anyway the time isn't the issue, that was just to highlight that i had plenty of available time to sink my teeth into a single player game
    Online single player game.