Server wide Raid calender

I was thinking wouldnt it be cool if blizz could implement a server wide raid calender similar to the guild calendar where people could post up coming raids they want people to sign up for.

Maybe you could access this feature by clicking on the message boards in major cities.

I know people who wants to start raids but hate having to post LFM in trade for fear of the envitable comments you get from trolls on trade so a feature where you can post your raid on a user friendly calendar would surely help to bring the community together and maybe you can gain rep for turning up for raids you promise to sign up for.

I use openraid alot now these days and i love to go there and see a calendar that has tons of raids where i can sign up for and i would love to see something like this in game.

What are your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I know people who wants to start raids but hate having to post LFM in trade for fear of the envitable comments you get from trolls on trade so a feature
    Never even thought trade troll comments would stop anyone from LFM spam o.O Who cares?

Anyways, a calendar like that would be useless since it'd get spammed by troll events, gold sellers and so on. Better option: go on ream forums, state your raid idea + day, make a calendar event (spam trade) and invite anyone who wants to come. the calendar _is_ server wide already after all, you just have to know the names of the people who you want to invite.

This would end up looking like some of the flyer boards on college campuses. Ppl would post stuff up there just to clutter it up. There would be so much garbage to filter through it wouldn't be a worth while tool for ppl really looking for a sub or new raid mbr. You would also see tons of space taken up by the low ego folks out there that had to flex their epeen and post info on their 8/8 1.5 hour heroic clears or stuff like that.

There is a reason that not even all guild mbrs can post calendar events that the guild sees, without the guild lead allowing it. No way this would be expanded server wide and not turn into a cesspit of nonsense. The only good I could maybe see coming from this would be the few idiots that would catch 3 day suspensions or longer based on notes they would leave.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

For my idea you wont be able to actually write anything all there will be is the full list of raids from MC all the way to DS and people can just create a group and put down the time they want it to start

Maybe a deposit system would deter most of the spam and a reputation system to make sure people turn up.

I guess i just like the idea of logging into wow and looking at a place to see if people have anything planned for the upcomming night instead of just sitting stareing at the walls in org waiting for someone to make the first move and start something but people on my server are so timid its like children at a school dance nobody wants to make the first move and my guild has completely fallen apart and im hopeless at leading and starting raids

If someone is too shy / nervous of comments to recruit for pugs on trade, then they're not up to raid leading either if you ask me :P

Why not find a new guild? Raids == guild activity in the end, the rest is mindless zerging through easy content.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If someone is too shy / nervous of comments to recruit for pugs on trade, then they're not up to raid leading either if you ask me :P

Why not find a new guild? Raids == guild activity in the end, the rest is mindless zerging through easy content.
    My backwater server is so dead nobody is recruiting and trade chat is non existant

i cant even scrounge enough people to run a 3 man bwl for transmog gear no matter how much i try to spam trade

my point is spamming trade to start groups is a very ineffiecient way to start raids so to be able to do anything you need to be Very lucky and be in the right place at the right time or be in a guild that does things and on my server those are few and far between.

A way for people to advertise upcoming raids in advance seems like a idea i could use but i guess there would be alot of kinks that would need to be ironed out for it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    A way for people to advertise upcoming raids in advance seems like a idea i could use but i guess there would be alot of kinks that would need to be ironed out for it to work
    Writing a post on the realm forums accomplishes this Like this, an old one of mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161500833

Can OpenRaid handle this sort of thing? I know it's main intention is to do cross realm raids, but it looks like it lets you restrict signups to a single realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Writing a post on the realm forums accomplishes this Like this, an old one of mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161500833
    most people dont bother with forums or external websites like openraid (which i use btw)

So it would have to be something in game that would work the best imo not some external website official or not official