10+ Year Old Account

Staves dropping sounds like a duck quack.

It's true. What is heard cannot be unheard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually a tribute to Tim Torel, someone who was originally on the D3 team, but died in a car accident. He had a pet duck, loved ducks, thought they were the cutest things ever. Oddly enough, they would also aid in his death. He was allowing some ducks to cross the street in his neighborhood one day, when a drunk driver hit him from behind fast and hard enough that the whiplash killed Tim instantly.

The team was devastated, they wanted to show their love for the guy, but wanted to do something than the cliche "in loving memory" credits plug, so they made staves sound like ducks. There hasn't been any official word about why they chose staves, but most assume it's because staves -> staff (item) -> staff (person). I think that's a bit of a stretch though.

All of that was a lie though, so don't worry, Tims okay. In fact he (probably) doesn't even exist.

Jeffy, thank you for that amazing post.

I mean it. Im still laughing.

That was fucking hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    It's actually a tribute to Tim Torel, someone who was originally on the D3 team, but died in a car accident. He had a pet duck, loved ducks, thought they were the cutest things ever. Oddly enough, they would also aid in his death. He was allowing some ducks to cross the street in his neighborhood one day, when a drunk driver hit him from behind fast and hard enough that the whiplash killed Tim instantly.

The team was devastated, they wanted to show their love for the guy, but wanted to do something than the cliche "in loving memory" credits plug, so they made staves sound like ducks. There hasn't been any official word about why they chose staves, but most assume it's because staves -> staff (item) -> staff (person). I think that's a bit of a stretch though.

All of that was a lie though, so don't worry, Tims okay. In fact he (probably) doesn't even exist.
    Winning ALL the internets.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... MY name is Tim Torel! *DUN DUN DUNN*

Edit: Nah, that ain't me.

This has got to be the best post I've seen here since release.

I thought I heard a duck quack but I just figured I was hearing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    It's true. What is heard cannot be unheard.
    I definitely noticed this, lol

I literally believed every word of it until the last sentence, outside of the fact it sounded like the most idiotic death ever. blizzard is notorious for doing team death tributes.

Either way 10/10, your paragraph gets a better score than D3 did.

At OP's statement I will probably hear it and smirk every time. It was the same way with Ram mounts in WoW, if they landed from a fall just the right way they would quack.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

So I'm not crazy. Me and my bro will literally quack at each other now ever since we first noticed.

Deleted
    Lol, what a 2nd post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aghhh now I hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.