Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Do you guys think that Blizz will buff Barbs within the next weeks or will they keep it that way hoping that barbs will get their gear one day? Cuz I think that Barbs are way more gear dependent than the other classes.

I am thinking about rerolling a demon hunter, since inferno is just a pain in the ass without proper gear. I just hope that Blizz will bring the classes on par. Esp. melee needs a buff. I don't wanna be left having to buy everything from the AH for many millions of $$.. That way I'd only be farming hell for gold or would even need to spend real money..

That guy in Torched's post is insane. How he has so much dps and vit and 600 physical resist is madness. He has no regen at all though, completely reliant on health globes and pots (perhaps lifesteal from Ignore Pain glyph if he took it?).

Does that really work against champions/elites where they are always chasing you and there are no health globes?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    That guy in Torched's post is insane. How he has so much dps and vit and 600 physical resist is madness. He has no regen at all though, completely reliant on health globes and pots (perhaps lifesteal from Ignore Pain glyph if he took it?).

Does that really work against champions/elites where they are always chasing you and there are no health globes?
    Probably not, since he was lacking nephalem's valor buff or had only one stack. Vs elites he just has to take revenge, I guess.

I am runnig with armored leap, revenge, ignore pain with heal glyph, warcry with 10% life, reg and the passive 1%, maniac frenzy, this 2 min berserk plus 100% dmg glyph, passive 25% dmg with full fury and 5% crit + 50% crit dmg. Oh, and I am using a twohanded weapon.

I have to kill one member of an elite pack with all cd's, then I die.. After that I wait for my cd's and kill another mob.. And so on.. It's just awful.
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-05-23 at 02:05 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inferno Butcher is doable with a burst build, with WotB and Earthquake. The build that worked for me:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VST!cbV!cZZcZb
    Ground Stomp + Furious Charge are obviously not ideal but I needed it to farm champ packs on the way for the NV buff. Berserker Rage passive is great since I don't really have any fury spenders.

I went with a 2-hander with 55k+ health, 4k armor, 11k dps with 100+ resists..

but forget about Act 2 until you get some uber gear from AH farming.. sad what they make us barbs do to get ahead.

farm warden. He always drops like 9 items and sometimes generous enough to drop yellows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Probably not, since he was lacking nephalem's valor buff or had only one stack. Vs elites he just has to take revenge, I guess.

I am runnig with armored leap, revenge, ignore pain with heal glyph, warcry with 10% life, reg and the passive 1%, maniac frenzy, this 2 min berserk plus 100% dmg glyph, passive 25% dmg with full fury and 5% crit + 50% crit dmg. Oh, and I am using a twohanded weapon.

I have to kill one member of an elite pack with all cd's, then I die.. After that I wait for my cd's and kill another mob.. And so on.. It's just awful.

If you watch the butcher vid with him, he has 5 nephalem buffs and in the other vids he said he had just logged in to kill the bosses for the vid so he never had to clear any elite packs when he recorded the vid.

He also has the passive buff that gives you 25% more change to get health globes, also he has somewhere around 11k+ bonus healing from health globes.
    He also has so much dps that he can just nuke down a elite mob 1 at a time easily.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

yeah barb is pretty hard to play in inferno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    If you watch the butcher vid with him, he has 5 nephalem buffs and in the other vids he said he had just logged in to kill the bosses for the vid so he never had to clear any elite packs when he recorded the vid.

He also has the passive buff that gives you 25% more change to get health globes, also he has somewhere around 11k+ bonus healing from health globes.
    He also has so much dps that he can just nuke down a elite mob 1 at a time easily.
    That could be true, but i doubt it.
    Getting 5 stacks and killing the butcher is really, really easy compared to doing that in act 2, yet alone act 3.
    It's surely not impossible to kill elites in higher acts, just its an incredible pain without changing skills and dragging them close to a respawn point, so they don't reg and you can die and do some damage again.
    Farming stuff is just not really reasonable atm, better gear will solve this to a degree tho.
    The whole reason behind inferno is to always provide a challenge in the higher acts, even with really good gear.
    And really good gear doesn't mean having 1k res with super low damage, it means having 60-80k HP, 10% lifesteal, past 1k res with abnormous attack combined with a build that doesn't force you to hit and run forever.
    It's not even that barbs have a real hard time, it's about other classes not having that problem.

Deleted
    Get 1h (proper dps) and shield, take all 3 ultimates with full damage runes, see him melt relatively quickly while you dodge shit. Bosses are easy, elite packs are hurt. Fire chains, grjiajfiojreaiofreadf.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    No need to buff any classes, you just need to figure out better ability choices and farm some gear/grind levels. Welcome to the world of Diablo.
    you obvioulsy dont have a barb or are not in inferno. please dont make statements like that without actual knowledge of what your saying
    To me, it sounds more like you don't have a clue about playing Barbarian at Inferno, Maldic... I'll just copy my post from another thread:

In my experience, it depends almost entirely on the build you're using. I'm playing a Barbarian, currently solo farming Skeleton King on Inferno. Haven't attempted Butcher with this build yet, as it's probably not bursting enough.
    Previously, I could only take down maybe 1/10 special packs and I tried all kinds of different build, including different ranged ones. None of them worked well for me. Then I came across an amazing build and now I'm taking down almost every single special pack... And that's without dieing.

I'm using:

Revenge with Provocation.
    War Cry with Invigorate.
    Frenzy with Maniac.
    Wrath of the Berserker with Striding Giant.
    Ignore Pain with Iron Hide.
    Threatening Shout with Falter. In public games, you might want to use Demoralize instead.

For passives, I use:
    Inspiring Presence.
    Nerves of Steel.
    Relentless.

You basically just jump right in there, pick out a target and focus it down. You just use all of your abilities as often as possible. Most of the time, Revenge is gonna be enough to take down eventual adds, without you having to focus on them. That's basically it.
    Of course, there's times where it's better to wait a few seconds before you use some of you abilities, either to hit more enemies with Revenge or Threatening Shout.

I previously said that I'm able to take down almost all the special packs. The ones I've got trouble with are fast moving mobs with the Molten suffix.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2012-05-23 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added passives
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

step 1 get a socketed sword ( + health on hit ) and board. step 2 get socketed high vital gear with + health on hit or regen health. step 3 gem for vital (pruple). step 4 spend 15 mins beating the butcher face in.

Deleted
    Check Kripparian farming (with the right gear/setup) Warden + more elite Packs all together.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    step 1 get a socketed sword ( + health on hit ) and board. step 2 get socketed high vital gear with + health on hit or regen health. step 3 gem for vital (pruple). step 4 spend 15 mins beating the butcher face in.
    You don't even need to do that, just avoid his attacks.

Currently got the Butcher on farm gearing up for the later acts. (i use a 2H)

15+ Year Old Account
    which is act1. go on krip, do that on act 2 or even three.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

I know.. Act 1 is not impossible for a barb.. I was talking about act 2 and 3.