Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

California Police Beat Man to Death

California Police Beat Man to Death

Watch the video there to see how the victim screaming in pain, begged for his life in this 8 minutes film.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/orang...ackauckas.html

Mod Warning: Graphic
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ce-Beating.jpg
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-22 at 11:16 PM.

How come spousal abuse is the abuse of the spouse but police brutality is the brutalizing of the public...

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 all police are evil. Oh wait, somebody already said it. God dammit...

Hope those cops get put away for a long while, disgusting what they did. Makes me glad I dont have police here like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this happened a couple years ago didnt it? Mebe the cops are just now being brought to court for it but im pretty sure it happened a while ago.

AND also, the man was mentally ill, sever schizophrenia I believe it was. One if the cops tazed him 4 times while others already had him pinned on the ground as well, majority of cops are not bad, but this definitely doesnt help the image any.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a feature on this on CBC a couple weeks ago actually - they played the 30 second sound clip of him crying out for his father to help him right before he lost consciousness.

A helpless man with non-violent mental issues (schizophrenia) who did nothing aggressive at all towards the police before they clubbed him to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    inb4 all police are evil. Oh wait, somebody already said it. God dammit...
    Nah, its just YOUR police

But then again - the larger a police force the bigger the chance of bad apples...

Yeah, the Kelly Thomas story has been big news down here in SoCal. This actually happened 10 months ago, and there appeared to be a small effort to sweep it under the rug by the Fullerton Police. At one point a police spokesman claimed officers suffered broken bones (they did not; the worst injury was an elbow scrape). Three weeks after the beating, there was largely no press about it. Then a small-time blog (http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/) posted that pic in the OP, and it blew up from there when people realized the gravity of the misconduct.

One officer is charged with 2nd Degree Murder, and one with Involuntary Manslaughter. I'm glad justice might happen for Ron Thomas, the dead man's father (and a retired Orange County Sheriff's Detective), who has fought hard since the beginning.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 04:15 PM ----------

Here's a side by side of the worst of the injuries sustained on both sides. Pic is graphic.

http://i.imgur.com/1X5e7.png
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-22 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Oh the humanity, just look at that horrific wound on his elbow.
    The fellow on the left seems to have gotten off easy in comparison.

But really, what the hell.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh the humanity, just look at that horrific wound on his elbow.
    The fellow on the left seems to have gotten off easy in comparison.

But really, what the hell.
    Also: Dat stache...

Deleted
    Police officers aren't fucked up, human beings are.

Don't expect them all to be saints, cause there's always a few dipshits to make the rest look bad.

This video always helps me feel better in cases of police brutality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B-XzrA7S8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

yes kick him in the head, that will send a message and make the world a better place.

Violence begets more violence, and brutalising the brutalisers won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    yes kick him in the head, that will send a message and make the world a better place.

Yup and yup.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Hopefully the people involved are put in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

That put a smile on my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, we should use this case to generalize and assume that all Police officers who spend every single day assuring we are safe are just legal bullies and murderers.

Boo police are bad booo!

Happens every day for a thousand different reasons.

Shit happens.

and to think, this guy died because he couldn't put his legs out in front of him and put his hands on his knees at the same time.

i know a few police officers and these guys are not indicative of the majority of them, and i dont think any of the guys who were second responders should be charged, they had no idea what happened all they knew was that 2 cops were struggling with a suspect.

but the one fat cop who said " see these fists, they are getting ready to beat the s--t out of you." should be charged with more then 2nd degree. that was a definite threat and shows premeditation along with intent to do bodily harm.

all 6 should lose their jobs, pensions, ability to serve in law enforcement, and should never be able to own a firearm. we need to hold the people that are protecting us to higher standards then we hold regular people.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Police are just completely void of responsibility and have no idea what it means to be a *Police Officer*. It's very sad really. Oh and that soccer video is utterly foolish. The guy didn't deserve to get beat up. Yes the bad cops are bad but getting beat up by everyone else just shows you're no better then the bad cops. Not sure why people think they deserved it. You're no better then the cops.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

But i bet that cop thinks twice before manhandling another person.