Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Yeah it looks much better than "HELLO GUYS WE ARE IMPLEMENTING THIS CHANGE TO GET SHITLAODS OF MONEY IN THE LONG RUN" -> "Oh and we won't be making any content patches, this isn't World of Warcraft. Only content patches you can be expecting are the expansions in the future" As great as your "But seriously, as entertaining as you are, you are still wrong" argument was (lol), I bet everyone just believes these decisions have nothing to do with milking the consumers.
    OMG... A business... Trying... To make money off a game?

Well fuck, call the presses! This is unethical, immoral and surely a sign of the apocalypse.

believe it or not... Companies don't like people playing their games without paying for them. It's why the next gen of consoles will feature console locked games.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    Dude quit the game if you dont like it, because we dont care.
    seriously quit the game ? wtf you talking about you pay 60$ for a game SO YOU EXPACT IT TO WORK its not beta anymore so no valid excuses

servers crash on release day, barely ok
    multiple login and disconnect problems, ok i get it servers overload

BUGGY AH that they had several months to test, NOT OK

its not like they have experiance from wow how to run auction house >_>

And how exactly did I commit such a "personal attack"?
    "no matter what the money-grubbing developers have publicly said to gain the blind trust of the fanboys"

Perhaps not strikingly "personal" but it implies anyone defending the game is a "fanboy", which believe it or not is a derogatory remark by most.

But it seems on the internet everyone is either 1. Fanboy or 2. Butthurt.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Me saying; how you give your comments, especially the first comment you made in this thread about "borderline offensive" just makes you less creditable, and me saying you are losing credibility is a personal attack?
    You saying it without any basis certainly is. And yes, the fact that you are just dismissing people's problems like that is borderline offensive when it's so obvious that plentiful of people are having problems and you are just dismissing them.

Also there's this underlying fact:

Harming the normal customers because of piracy with the online DRM -> money-grubbing fools who exploit their customers
    online only single player because of the RMAH -> just moneygrubbing fools who exploit their customers
    I'm not sure protecting your game from being stolen constitutes money grubbing. They just want to be paid for the service they're providing, and this is really the only feasible means. Feel free to be constructive and offer a means to prevent piracy aside from online DRM, but otherwise it's their game, they deserve to be paid for it, and if you don't like how they go about it, you're free to not buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    "no matter what the money-grubbing developers have publicly said to gain the blind trust of the fanboys"

Perhaps not strikingly "personal" but it implies anyone defending the game is a "fanboy", which believe it or not is a derogatory remark by most.

But it seems on the internet everyone is either 1. Fanboy or 2. Butthurt.
    No, it refers to people defending the DRM as a necessary thing blind fanboys, or atleast that's what I intended to imply. The game itself is good.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    I'm not sure protecting your game from being stolen constitutes money grubbing. They just want to be paid for the service they're providing, and this is really the only feasible means. Feel free to be constructive and offer a means to prevent piracy aside from online DRM, but otherwise it's their game, they deserve to be paid for it, and if you don't like how they go about it, your free to not buy it.
    No, but punishing your average customer for it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    servers crash on release day, barely ok
    Stopped reading here, please name 1 online game that has a flawless minute 1 release that had more than 10 people on launch day. Not trying to be challenging, but honestly want to know any game that launched perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    OMG... A business... Trying... To make money off a game?

Well fuck, call the presses! This is unethical, immoral and surely a sign of the apocalypse.

believe it or not... Companies don't like people playing their games without paying for them. It's why the next gen of consoles will feature console locked games.
    Did you just not read the half I wrote? It's about the company pissing on the customers while doing so.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:05 AM ----------

Stopped reading here, please name 1 online game that has a flawless minute 1 release that had more than 10 people on launch day. Not trying to be challenging, but honestly want to know any game that launched perfectly.
    Excepts this one didn't have to be an "online game" as it is a single player game.

No, it refers to people defending the DRM as a necessary thing blind fanboys, or atleast that's what I intended to imply. The game itself is good.

But you don't speak for the average consumer... You speak for yourself. Just as I speak for myself. You champion nobody, you just bog this little section of the internet down with pretty needless hate.

Blizz made a decision. You dislike it. Move on.
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

It's not a punishment, just an unavoidable side effect. They're not targeting the average customer, their not intentionally detrimenting your play for something you did wrong, it's just an unintended side effect of an imperfect system, one you're free to try to improve if you know a better way.

Excepts this one didn't have to be an "online game" as it is a single player game.
    But it is an online game, so thats kind of a moot point. doesn't matter what it could have been.

Honestly, based on how blizzard has handled multiple Warcraft X-pacs, shit the way they have handled warcraft content patches, I was beyond boggled I could even get on by 5am launch night. when it hit 3 and I suddenly remembered millions of other people are in the exact same position I was, I didn't expect to get on till the following day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    But you don't speak for the average consumer... You speak for yourself. Just as I speak for myself. You champion nobody, you just bog this little section of the internet down with pretty needless hate.

Blizz made a decision. You dislike it. Move on.
    It punishes every consumer, whether you face the fact or not.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I don't get it. You are online right now complaining about how a game is online only... Do you travel a bunch? Are you without enough money to pay for your internet? Are you upset at the principles of the thing? Do you have dial up? Are you just bitching to hear your fingers click your keyboard? I guess I am confused. You are up in arms over the online requirement. Why? What is the suffering you are dealing with other than the AH not working for you?
    No, I get pissed off when lag gets my character killed and I have to start over. Or when it fucks up my hardcore mode, which I am unable to play due to server instability. Plenty of people have these server instability problems, let's not pretend they're not there.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:09 AM ----------

But it is an online game, so thats kind of a moot point. doesn't matter what it could have been.
    It's a single player game forced online due to greed.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:10 AM ----------

Honestly, based on how blizzard has handled multiple Warcraft X-pacs, shit the way they have handled warcraft content patches, I was beyond boggled I could even get on by 5am launch night. when it hit 3 and I suddenly remembered millions of other people are in the exact same position I was, I didn't expect to get on till the following day.
    And the fact that millions of other people makes it all ok because.. ? Oh wait it makes it worse.

Thats neat-o but the guy is saying its barely ok they had instability at launch, im wanting to know a game that DIDNT have instability at launch because I'm kind of tired of it being a deciding factor in someones viewpoint on diablo. Serious there is like 100 legitimate issues people have taken with Diablo, but this is the one that makes literally 0 sense to me.

No, I get pissed off when lag gets my character killed and I have to start over. Or when it fucks up my hardcore mode, which I am unable to play due to server instability. Plenty of people have these server instability problems, let's not pretend they're not there.

Punishing implies intent. They're not punishing you, your just suffering the consequences of an imperfect system and you want some1 to blame. Feel free to improve it.

And for all saying this is a single player game. Just b/c you want it to be a single player game, does not make it one. It's an online game now, and with it there's going to be some unintended side affects due to increased variables. If you don't like that, you're free to play other games or provide constructive feedback.

Deleted
    Thats neat-o but the guy is saying its barely ok they had instability at launch, im wanting to know a game that DIDNT have instability at launch because I'm kind of tired of it being a deciding factor in someones viewpoint on diablo. Serious there is like 100 legitimate issues people have taken with Diablo, but this is the one that makes literally 0 sense to me.
    Didn't have any problems with my last year releases such as Deus Ex: Human revolution, skyrim, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, and 15 other single pleyer games like Diablo that I bought.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:14 AM ----------

Punishing implies intent. They're not punishing you, your just suffering the consequences of an imperfect system and you want some1 to blame. Feel free to improve it.

And for all saying this is a single player game. Just b/c you want it to be a single player game, does not make it one. It's an online game now, and with it there's going to be some unintended side affects due to increased variables. If you don't like that, you're free to play other games or provide constructive feedback.
    Oh then let's re-phrase that they made the consumers suffer severely due to their greed. And yes it is a single player game, which they tried to justify making an online game by making a statement on the media.

I'm a consumer. I have yet to feel "punished" in any way. I don't like the lag I experience occasionally... But that is far from a punishment.

You need to face the facts that you don't speak for everyone.

Blizzard not wanting to let people pirate their work is not greed.
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Oh then let's re-phrase that they made the consumers suffer severely due to their greed. And yes it is a single player game, which they tried to justify making an online game by making a statement on the media.
    Greed implies taking more than they deserve. They just want their just compensation for their work, that's not greed.

Didn't have any problems with my last year releases such as Deus Ex: Human revolution, skyrim, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, and 15 other single pleyer games like Diablo that I bought.
    Ok, I get it, you have a boner in your ear because you want to play Diablo offline. Troll harder. The fact of the matter that any online server based game with a player base even a 10th of diablo has massive instability. honestly I have 0 pity for you because its not that hard to do the 5 seconds of research it takes to figure this out prior to buying the game.

Deleted
    Greed implies taking more than they deserve. They just want their just compensation for their work, that's not greed.
    It was more than they deserved the minute they added this obnoxious DRM.

It was more than they deserved the minute they added this obnoxious DRM.
    They deserve to be paid for their work. If you don't feel their work deserves payment, don't buy it.