Deleted

[D3] Kick-your-ass Trash Packs

I think the screenshot says it all...How are these Elite Combinations supposed to be killed? I mean - seriously? I knew that "Hell" difficulty was hard, but they should lock several combinations that are clearly unkillable, at least thats my opinion.

EDIT: I got it now... I somehow managed it to separate the Elite from his minions. That made it much more simple.

(4 minions + 1 elite) * 5 illusions = 25 beams on the screen... hell yeah
    Last edited by mmoca34443cbac; 2012-05-23 at 11:41 PM.

When the balls initially drop, move 20 yards and fight for 10 seconds, then get ready to move again.

Try illusionist, molten, plague, vortex as a monk on Act 2 inferno, there is unkillable for ya =P

thats ez mode for a wizard at least. biggest problem with the lasers is that sometimes they drop them under your character or under a mob and u dont see it until it starts beaming. i dont know how exactly WD's kill stuff, but kiting is always easy when there are lasers involved.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm only in Nightmare so far, but Jailer Illusionist Sand Wasps are just a sick joke
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

enjoy ur 15 mins fights in , inferno debuff and crappy lvl 50 blue ..that's how D3 is !

just kite them out of the orbs, its not that hard really...

try those elusive rangemobs with nightmarish absorbing and knockback as a melee... you dont die to them ofc, but its just soooo annoying

and another thing... those are not "trashpacks" they are called championpacks... dont even bother getting used to "trashpacks"..,

they are way too strong to be called "trash"

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    When the balls initially drop, move 20 yards and fight for 10 seconds, then get ready to move again.

Try illusionist, molten, plague, vortex as a monk on Act 2 inferno, there is unkillable for ya =P
    /shudder...

I wonder if champions can spawn with Illusionist + Horde affixes at the same time. Now THERE is a lot of scary stuff on the screen at once :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really found anything to be "unkillable" so far but I'm only in act 1 of hell. But what I'm finding is that people don't know how to approach them or skip elites as they do a "speed run" to find objectives and cause trouble for when we do reach elites we can't bypass or need to kite and run into another group of mobs.

They only ones that have been a problem for me as a DH were the whiriling dervish guys in act 2. Some of their combo's can be tough. I've had a vampiric desecrator once that kept healing to full cause people wouldn't get out of the pools fast enough. Was pretty funny actually. Once they managed to do that they mob's HP dropped super fast.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Lets say: Illusionist, Horde, Arcane Enchant / Mortar and invul. Minions or Shielding.... thats one bad-ass of a combination... *shudder*

I have had some pretty damn insane ones and I am just working through Hell.

How about Illusionist, Waller, Invulnerable Minion, Jailer. (or something similar anyways)

I had a pack like that while I (Barb) was playing with a Monk friend, we literally had to use somewhat of an exploit to get the minions away so that we could kill the main guy, man it was rough.

15+ Year Old Account
    extra health - arcane - waller - vortex

Seems like I get this combo or close to this combo every fucking time.

Deleted
    I got it now... I somehow managed it to separate the Elite from his minions. That made it much more simple.

(4 minions + 1 elite) * 5 illusions = 25 beams on the screen... hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I haven't really found anything to be "unkillable" so far but I'm only in act 1 of hell. But what I'm finding is that people don't know how to approach them or skip elites as they do a "speed run" to find objectives and cause trouble for when we do reach elites we can't bypass or need to kite and run into another group of mobs.

They only ones that have been a problem for me as a DH were the whiriling dervish guys in act 2. Some of their combo's can be tough. I've had a vampiric desecrator once that kept healing to full cause people wouldn't get out of the pools fast enough. Was pretty funny actually. Once they managed to do that they mob's HP dropped super fast.
    Resetting in inferno is very common because some combos are just not able to be killed by some classes. Every class has that one or two combos they just cant do anything. For me on my DH, its fast, invulnerable minions,reflect damage, votex, molten. Any combo with 3 of those in it is rough. Of course with a full group everything is alot easier, but solo you will be resetting or avoiding certain packs.