Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm slowing working away at it, currently level 13 on my witch doctor (apparently its the best class to do this with) just done SK (normal)

Deleted
    Just lost a level 42 char to a disconnect, I don't mind so much losing a character when it's my fault, but this is just so disheartening.

Oh well, now to start again!

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    So, I'm up to Act 3 NM and quite frankly... I don't want to play. Soul Lashers terrify me far too much.
    Elite/Champion pack Herald of Pestilence. You will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Elite/Champion pack Herald of Pestilence. You will die.
    Fear not! I SHALL BUBBLE AND RUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Level 59 demon hunter.

I did softcore but two of my friends did hardcore.
    If you want a really really good advice, unless you're with someone that complete your weakness (range / melee) do not set a foot in hell act2 without being prepared to face some really shitty blue pack.
    You should have 1 skill that will allow you to gtfo if you see something you won't kill.

For exemple, as a Wizard, the worst thing I can encounter are fast monster. Depending of the monster I'll simply avoid them / reset the game, like in act 1 hell there is really often a pack of fast running dog after the bridge. If they have "more ice, poison, lightning" I'll try to kill them (even tho I'll first try to avoid them), if they have "teleport, chain, haste" I mean... fuck off, I know I'll die, I can't kite something already fast, if they have the "fast" affix in bonus it's over before it started.

My two friends lost their char at lv 50 something, I told them "chain monsters are really really really strong be carefull"
    of course "pff we're pro !" then few hours laters they got killed by a pack too fast to be kited with chains and jail

Bosses are not a big concern, they've never been (beside Izual who enjoy oneshotting people),

I got my HC DH to level 10 and stopped there. I really want to continue it as the rush when I almost die is amazing. The thing is there are days like today where Blizz fixes (or nerfs depending on you POV) Smoke Screen but the tooltip isn't updated and the only way to find out is to use it and possibly get screwed.

So I'm going to wait a bit until they shake out all their balance issues and so forth before I put a real concentrated effort into the character.

To those brave souls doing HC already, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    I got my HC DH to level 10 and stopped there. I really want to continue it as the rush when I almost die is amazing. The thing is there are days like today where Blizz fixes (or nerfs depending on you POV) Smoke Screen but the tooltip isn't updated and the only way to find out is to use it and possibly get screwed.

So I'm going to wait a bit until they shake out all their balance issues and so forth before I put a real concentrated effort into the character.

To those brave souls doing HC already, good luck!
    It's just like WoW hotfixes, the numbers on server side have changed, but the clients haven't. So it still says 2 sec without rune and 3 sec without, but in reality it's 1 sec without and 2 sec with rune.
    Tested it this morning, and quit my DH right away(Might seem a bit harsh to some people, but whatevs)

I'm up to level 32 in hardcore as a Demon Hunter. I play her when my friends aren't around (Nobody I know plays Hardcore) and I'm super paranoid and super careful. Also totally addicted to the rush. I think back to how bad I got destroyed by certain bosses in normal mode the first time I fought them and it makes me incredibly nervous when I fight them on hardcore. Love it.

I think this is how gambling feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Playing hardcore while forced to be online it's as stupid as it gets seriously, a lag spike and the work of months can be destroyed in less than a second, i'ts almost sadistic to even start it.

It there was an offline mode i would play but since i care about my mental health i won't even start.
    pretty much this.

with server lag spikes rubber banding me randomly(its not my net cause ill be laughing about it on vent perfectly fine) it would be insane to attempt hardcore right now.

once they get the server issues figured out i will give it a try. and anyone, ANYONE who gets past act 2 inferno hardcore deserves an IRL banner from blizz, and if you manage to somehow beat inferno diablo on HC you deserve to have blizz make a documentary about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    I'm eagerly waiting to dive into hardcore, but I won't be doing that until the servers are more stable.

Thinking a HC Monk / WD but I live in Australia with constant 250+ MS and lag spikes like there is no tomorrow so I'll hold off for a while.

Also, why can't we play offline? Honestly what is the point of making us stay online?

Level 23 Hardcore, and I'm already having palpitations over even the most minor of lag!

I admire your progress!~

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    and anyone, ANYONE who gets past act 2 inferno hardcore deserves an IRL banner from blizz, and if you manage to somehow beat inferno diablo on HC you deserve to have blizz make a documentary about you.
    and LOL !! Quoted for truth!

Just beat that poison-spewy lardass in Act 3 NM. He was easy enough, although I did shit myself when I came up against a frozen/firechain combo of those tongue lasher fuckers.

Also, the lag spikes are really starting to get on my nerves. That's it for today me thinks.
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Also, why can't we play offline? Honestly what is the point of making us stay online?
    REALLY? How about you poke around, about half of the threads have arguments on this. I'm amazed you haven't read any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got into Act IV, normal. I've had a few close calls, and made the mistake of running away from Azmodan when he was pooling all the crap on the ground, but I managed to live. Looking forward to progressing into nightmare next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    pretty much this.

with server lag spikes rubber banding me randomly(its not my net cause ill be laughing about it on vent perfectly fine) it would be insane to attempt hardcore right now.

once they get the server issues figured out i will give it a try. and anyone, ANYONE who gets past act 2 inferno hardcore deserves an IRL banner from blizz, and if you manage to somehow beat inferno diablo on HC you deserve to have blizz make a documentary about you.
    You forgot to mention that this person who really beats Diablo on inferno with a HC char not only deserves a blizz documentary but also 1mio. $, a house, a car and a model chick (or guy) and more important a Marvel comic with him/her as hero.

However I have seen a video with the WF Diablo Hell kill on HC so yeah maybe some uber pro manages to beat him on inferno. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just got into Act IV, normal. I've had a few close calls, and made the mistake of running away from Azmodan when he was pooling all the crap on the ground, but I managed to live. Looking forward to progressing into nightmare next.
    Mistake how?

So far, died on lvl 33 with my wizard in act I nightmare to some fire chains/fast dogs, but the rush is awesome. I prefer hardcore because of the sheer excitement of death waiting for you just around the corner.

Still waters run deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    If you solo Diablo on Inferno as a hardcore character Illidan appears alongside the Angels and asks you to help him fight demons in his realm.
    Its a random event. It happened differently for me. I cleared HC Diablo inferno and Kael'thas told me it was merely a setback.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.