Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Mistake how?
    Well he places them where you are. When I leaped away, it spawned where I was. The trick is just surviving it the entire time as they vanish after about 30 seconds. So I hit my Ignore Pain and wailed on him with Rend & Frenzy for health.

I don't think I could do a HC playthrough, going through normal without a death doesn't seem to difficult but nightmare has champ pacts that are certain death, so much so that me and my friend have died 3-4 times to imps with fire chains or Vampiric Jailer Soul Lashers (who murdered us 5 or so times till we got all of them)
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Deleted
    When I first watched this video I was like LOOOL WTF ... seriously.

I can totally see someone kill inferno diablo on HC in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by MintJam View Post
    Mine does this too. If you have dual monitors, make sure your D3 client is running on your primary monitor to properly take screenshots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    I've tried taking screenshots but the normal way just seems to be taking pictures of my desktop behind the game on the character selection screen :<
    Go to Documents -> Diablo 3 -> Screenshots
    It's automatically saving it there for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Watched Kungens (former ensidia guild leader) stream and he have a lvl 60 HC barb and soon a 60 wizard to, i will also go for HC soon when i can twink a character some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well he places them where you are. When I leaped away, it spawned where I was. The trick is just surviving it the entire time as they vanish after about 30 seconds. So I hit my Ignore Pain and wailed on him with Rend & Frenzy for health.
    Ah, that makes sense. Although I still prefer my method of running away like a headless chook

As an aside, assuming I can beat the rest of NM, I think I might try and hit level 60 before trying hard (or at the least 55(?) for the free death passive). Plus, if I hit 60 I can start wearing all that juicy inferno gear (assuming there's any on the AH that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Just got my barb to level 50 last night on hardcore, get home from work today to play, first champion group I pull ends up killing me. Frozen/Arcane beams ftl!

Wasn't too pissed, but it really sucks. Time to start again..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    I've tried taking screenshots but the normal way just seems to be taking pictures of my desktop behind the game on the character selection screen :<
    I tried the conventional way too, but then i discovered the folder where the pics automatically go to, much like wow :P

Its in the Documents folder (if you have windows) on (a sometimes hidden folder called) Diablo III.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Go to Documents -> Diablo 3 -> Screenshots
    It's automatically saving it there for me.
    D'oh! i was beaten to it.

I probably wont play Hardcore for these reasons.

1. Server lag/issues - The servers are terrible at the moment in terms of reliability, and my usual latency of around 40ms is often between 200-300ms. I'm not alone with this and it seems to be blizzards server side problem, not mine... The result is a very choppy jumpy game that occasionally drops in fps by big margins.. And all of it is blizzards end.

2. Champions/Elites can be deadly, to the point where skill is removed from the factor and luck replaces it. What this means is that you have to play behind your content level. In other words, farm exp and gear on easy/safe content in order to be safe when you move forward.... Hanging around farming for exp instead of moving on with the game doesnt interest me, the likelyhood of you dying if you dont do this is extremely high.

In Diablo I often jump into situations with a very high chance that I would die, sometimes I make it through and sometimes I die, champions are quite capable of killing you regardless of the situation if you are unlucky. Avoiding those situations would just make a very broken up and annoying gameplay experience.

Over all, it really doesnt interest me, too many possible ways to fail, and avoiding failure safely results in a boring game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Both of these are reasons why I refuse to even try to play hardcore. I can just imagine one of the infamous spikes happening and my toon being dead. I couldn't take seeing hours of work down the drain due to server flaws.
    Exactly the same here.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Blizz has said they will make some exceptions in cases of server lag and disconects

10+ Year Old Account
    Just beat Diablo on normal difficulty, hardcore. Already into the Shattered Crown on Nightmare. It's awesome to be challenged in my gear again

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    If you solo Diablo on Inferno as a hardcore character Illidan appears alongside the Angels and asks you to help him fight demons in his realm.
    I demand screenshots.

EDIT: Also, you all remind me a lot of gamblers. You get a rush and a thrill out of knowing all your hard work, all of your luck, will eventually come crashing down and you'll lose it all...

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I demand screenshots.

EDIT: Also, you all remind me a lot of gamblers. You get a rush and a thrill out of knowing all your hard work, all of your luck, will eventually come crashing down and you'll lose it all...
    That's why my Staff of Herding is in my stash!
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.

Deleted
    Been playing my hard core wizard a little bit and it is kind of fun but don't think I'm getting the same rush as everyone else is from playing a HC character. That and lag spikes really remove a large chunk of the experience when you know that you can lose your character at anytime to absolutely no fault of your own.

Just finished Act III Nightmare.

I'm enjoying it... but I wish I did softcore. I wuv my monk so much!

I am looking for someone to Duo HC with. I normally play regular, but would like the rush of HC at times. However, with a 2 year old and a job my time is limited. I cannot focus as much as I should on the game most of the time, so I stick with regular. However, on weekends, during my daughters nap, I can focus on playing. It is during this time, Sat/Sun ~2:00-4:00 Central Time that I would like to focus on a HC toon. If anyone is interested in duoing a HC toon with me for 2-4 hours each weekend only, please PM me.

Deleted
    just an FYI in regards to screenshots guys... they go to a folder in 'My Documents/User/Diablo 3' so try there instead of print screening and pasting. That ain't gonna work
    I have only just started HC for fun on a Monk... but my fiance and a friend are playing it with me... Thu I want to do HC myself because.... seedy, know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Just finished Act III Nightmare.

I'm enjoying it... but I wish I did softcore. I wuv my monk so much!
    Congrats! I'm still on Act1 nightmare. How difficult was it to survive Act2?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Congrats! I'm still on Act1 nightmare. How difficult was it to survive Act2?
    Not as hard as I thought. The wasps were annoying as fuck, but not that dangerous. The bosses were simple enough. The only hard parts I guess were some of the random champ/rare packs with some of the more dangerous combos - but even then, it wasn't too bad. Then again, I was running Heal/Flash/Shield/MoHealing, so what would I know?

Act III on the other hand was painful once you had to leave Bastion. Had to change up my skills a bit, and had to kite a few hard champ packs (as well as some normal Herald of Pestillence packs).

As long as you run high HP and have that finger on the pot button you should be fine