Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    If your post is 'I am unhappy there is not a BWE this month' there is no reason for the post. You are whining. If it's in the post about the BWE it is still whining.
    This is it, essentially. There is no benefit in complaining or even discussing the lack of a BWE this month. I challenge anyone to think of any meaningful discussion that will come out of a post like "I'm unhappy there is no BWE this month."
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-05-23 at 09:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the OP got facebook banned for saying something disrespectful. We're not getting the full story here.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-05-23 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwitch View Post
    OK so good to know that the gaming community approves of censorship...cool. I had no idea I thought we were more hearty then this.
    It is not censorship. You're exaggerating what they're doing. They are not covering up or restricting access to information. That's censorship. They are removing stupid posts and exerting their authority over their page in a (probably vain) attempt to promote civility.

I'm not surprised there is no beta weekend this month. The general feedback based on the last one was very mixed, with many negative previews being posted due to the engine not being GPU optimized. The general complainers though failed to do any investigations as to why that was the case, instead complaining very quickly with examples of 'Omg frame rate sucks'.

It will be greatly in Arena Net's favour to show their next beta weekend addresses some of their concerns, as I know a few people were waiting for the last beta weekend to make up their mind to pre-purchase or not, and due to some negative feedback they decided against pre-purchasing.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    After this:
    OK so good to know that the gaming community approves of censorship...cool. I had no idea I thought we were more hearty then this.
    I'm definitely starting to think this:

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Clearly the OP got facebook banned for saying something disrespectful. We're not getting the full story here.
    And I really wanted to look into this thread with positive eyes.
    [Sarcasm]
    Yes OP we are all evil and want everyone to be banned because we are fanbois/Fangirls. Clearly. We also want to make sure we extent our love of censorship to other means, like real life.
    [/Sarcasm]

Sorry if you didn't find the opinions you were looking for, but honestly you'll see that this sub-forum will speak about many things but we all understand that if the regular posters here can get sick of whining, the CMs must be even worse. Moderation is necessary from the beginning, otherwise it will only get worst. The moderation imposed on their social media pages makes me hopeful for friendly official forums, unlike any other game I've been a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I would say comparing a person to hitler for banning people on FB is a little outrageous. In fact I think there's a logical fallacy name for it.
    Bwhahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Or in simple terms, if you want to bitch, moan and call ArenaNet scumbags who lied to you about a non-existent beta weekend then go find another game. You don't have $15 a month to hide behind, and thus ArenaNet isn't going to put up with your shit ruining the community.
    So inclusive by excluding customers. Riiight.

They may not have my 15$, but they did get an awful lot of 60$ by incentivizing beta access.

So inclusive by excluding customers. Riiight.

They may not have my 15$, but they did get an awful lot of 60$ by incentivizing beta access.
    When do Beta Weekend Events (BWEs) start, and how many will there be?
    The first BWE is currently planned for late April, and we expect to have one every month or so. The schedule is subject to change and will be confirmed at a later date. Currently, we do not know how many of these events we will have.

Was the bolded bit added after to the faq? I never read it when I pre-purchased since I wasn't buying it for beta

The FB and Twitter Lead is Now banning anyone who remotely says anything like " I am unhappy I can't play this weekend" or "I feel disappointed in the company for not having a Beta for us this weekend"...I mean she is going real crazy lady ban hammer on the player base that are complaining.....what do you guys think? Is this acceptable by her or has she gone over board?
    Link to proof? I'm not saying it's not happening, just curious as to how you now that anyone who expresses anything negative is getting banned.

Deleted
    All I'll say is a lot more gamers need to stop viewing the beta testing period as early access to a highly anticipated game. They should also read through the terms and conditions they agreed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so how is this acceptable? Because it's Guild Wars 2? I can only imagine the riot if Blizzard started bloodying their mighty Banhammer on people complaining about the Mists beta. Double standards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So inclusive by excluding customers.
    Just because someone is a customer it doesn't give them a right to spoil the community for others.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Double standards?
    Nope. Higher standards.

Deleted
    Wait, so how is this acceptable? Because it's Guild Wars 2? I can only imagine the riot if Blizzard started bloodying their mighty Banhammer on people complaining about the Mists beta. Double standards?
    Nop, I understand when blizzard bans people making repetitive and out of topic posts on their forums. Which they do. Which they get banned/infracted for. I actually think Blizzard should be stronger with bans and making a statement and that would improve the official forums. =)

Also, I just saw two posts being banned.
    They were 'innocent'.
    They were about BWE not being there and being sad. There was also one asking about the release date. They were both on a post about Project Tyria.
    HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO ANY DISCUSSION THAT MIGHT HAPPEN ON THE PAGE?
    If it's not relevant, why is it there??
    Is that sort of post I should feel bad for people being banned/posts deleted about? I don't.

Just because someone is a customer it doesn't give them a right to spoil the community for others.
    Well, agreed.

Not sure what exactly people have said to have been [supposedly] banned. Premise is hypothetical until I actually see something myself. Though surely there is a line between, "Anet are scumbags! meanface.gif" and "I was looking forward to a BWE. sadface.gif".

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have a decent source yet? I'm hesitant to form a real opinion without some actual facts. Are these hypothetical people being banned, like the ones who "got banned on SWTOR for using the auction house", or just silly people raging over silly things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, agreed.

Not sure what exactly people have said to have been [supposedly] banned. Premise is hypothetical until I actually see something myself. Though surely there is a line between, "Anet are scumbags! meanface.gif" and "I was looking forward to a BWE. sadface.gif".
    I think it's more specifically a problem with the facebook GW2 community. Every single time ArenaNet posts anything, the comments are flooded with people crying about a release date, and now people crying about BWE dates. Whining would outweigh productive comments 10 to 1. Arenanet warned them many times, but they didn't modify their behavior, so this is really the inevitable outcome.

Deleted
    Do we have a decent source yet? I'm hesitant to form a real opinion without some actual facts. Are these hypothetical people being banned, like the ones who "got banned on SWTOR for using the auction house", or just silly people raging over silly things?
    I'm not sure if they're being banned. But posts like:
    So, are there anymore invites going to be sent out?
    On the newest post on Project Tyria are clearly being cleaned out.

Two on the same subject are gone. It seems to me that this is a 'Keep on Topic' kind of policy.
    BTW OP you never answer if these innocent posts are on topic or not. All the deletes I've seen have been of them trying to keep it on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not being banned from the game, they're only being blocked from the facebook page for non-constructive comments.

I think it's more specifically a problem with the facebook GW2 community. Every single time ArenaNet posts anything, the comments are flooded with people crying about a release date, and now people crying about BWE dates. Whining would outweigh productive comments 10 to 1. Arenanet warned them many times, but they didn't modify their behavior, so this is really the inevitable outcome.
    Fair enough. I don't know what was said in those banned comments. Never saw them, natch.

More power to the CM, since they don't need tons of people crying over spilled milk and flooding whatever social network happens to be popular today. Am I bummed that there isn't a 3-day beta weekend? Sure. Am I upset, crying to the world and raging on 37 different social networks on how Anet ruined my life because they aren't having a beta weekend? No, I can't say that I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are all unhappy we can't play but they are making it the best experience they can for us and that means holding off. These people are usually rude complaint mongering asses that deserve the ban. They can't understand BETA and that this is icing on the cake.