Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • Pro-Choice

28 80.00%
  • Pro-Life

7 20.00%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Pro-Life - The Death of the American Lifestyle?

I am a democrat, I identify with liberal views. The abortion debate has been dragging on far too long. We cannot support ourselves as an abortion free society. Each year there is about 1.3 million abortions in the United States, imagine if, dare I say it - they were all born. The mothers would be, far and wide, incapable of supporting their children (the vast majority are under 25 years old). Taxes would have to go through the roof otherwise it would look like a 3rd world country in much of the US. Great poverty, poorly educated and malnourished children everywhere. Don't be noble, be logical, society cannot sustain itself at the current growth rate - just imagine millions more. Now I could really get into this but I tried to put it into a nutshell, I am just really tired of this issue.

What's your take?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Each year there is about 1.3 million abortions in the United States, imagine if, dare I say it - they were all born.
    If it were illegal, a lot of them would never have been conceived, because people would have more reason to be more careful, knowing they can't just let accidents happen and toss them out.

Be responsible and avoid getting pregnant if you cannot afford to raise a child. If you slip up, be noble and give the kid up for adoption..let the taxpayer help you save a life.

Quote Originally Posted by DumpsterNinja View Post
    Be responsible and avoid getting pregnant if you cannot afford to raise a child. If you slip up, be noble and give the kid up for adoption..let the taxpayer help you save a life.
    Okay, I think people should stop committing crimes too!

So, how many kids have you adopted?

I honestly don't care much for fetuses. If the pregnant woman doesn't want to give birth and doesn't want to/can't look after the kid then by all means abort away. There's too many humans in the world anyway.
    Raaaa!

Yeah, they should. Not sure where you're going with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly am still indecisive. I think I lean more pro-life, but there are just so many irresponsible people that won't take care of the kid that hold me back from being completely that side. One political issue I just can't work with right now....
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    If it were illegal, a lot of them would never have been conceived, because people would have more reason to be more careful, knowing they can't just let accidents happen and toss them out.
    Or instead of living in Utopia, conservatives could shut up and let the government distribute free-birth control and condoms wherever they damn well please.

Pfftahahahahahahahaha, you think people take responsibility for their actions and think about consequences. That's awesome

Well we have too many homeless already. A bunch of street bums are in the alleys of every city. Clearly we should just kill them as well. That should clear up our poverty problem!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Oh my god. Don't even. It's not a "life" its a bag of multiplying cells leeching nutrients from its host

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

No. That's like saying that prohibition worked well.

If it were illegal it would change nothing. People are still going to get abortions, only if it's illegal, they won't be having it done in a hospital.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Or instead of living in Utopia, conservatives could shut up and let the government distribute free-birth control and condoms wherever they damn well please.
    That's a separate issue.

I wish I could believe that, but what I think is there would be far more back-alley abortions and dumpster babies.

Sex education needs to be taught more. And all this shit that glorifies young moms, teenage moms, moms not knowing who the dad is...in short, the Jerry Springer type crap, needs to stop. Children need to be AFRAID to have kids. They need to be hit hard with the realities of life. Of course, usually the only way to get hit hard by that kind of stuff is to have a kid. But then you should be FORCED to take care of it, not think, "Oh, my mom will help me" or "Oh, I'll just get rid of it in one way or another." If kids are afraid to have kids, things can only improve.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    No.

If it were illegal it would change nothing. People are still going to get abortions, only if it's illegal, they won't be having it done in a hospital.
    lol, if you think being illegal wouldn't stop most people from getting abortions, you're delusional. You think all 1.3 million mothers would seek back-alley abortions? No. Would some? Sure, but to say it would change nothing is absurd.

This is gold.

The inherent problem in this philosophy is that most pro-life supporters do so out of religious convictions. Because of those convictions they're also usually against "protection," believing that abstenance is a valid solution. All irony (about the number of Priests unable to practice abstenance) aside, more than a few studies have found that it is NOT a viable option.

Addendum: And what is "noble" in condemning a child to years and years in foster homes and government care? I mean you do realize that, with current laws, there is no such thing as a quick adoption in the US, right?

That's a separate issue.
    It's not really separate, they're intrinsically related.

You can't very well address unwanted pregnancy without dealing with contraception.

I think the system we have going right now is just fine.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-24 at 03:20 AM.