Thread: Templar DPS

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Templar DPS

I was wondering of those who are using the Templar what is he dps at. I am a barb lvl 51 with 2100 dps. My Templar is 50 with only 180 dps. his geear is all up to date. I am just curious how much dps do you guys' Templar have?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I just finished Act 2 Nightmare and my DPS is getting close to 1000 his is close to 100. Don't know exact numbers as I am not home.

Really, your followers are more there for support, in the templar's case taunts or heals, for the others it is CC. They are not there to be a second player and provide a bunch of DPS.

Well I don't know templar because I use enchantress but my enchantress'(lvl 54) dps is around 600 and mine is 3k(lvl 55 monk) I always give good stuff to my ench.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ow wait, the templar actually hits back? Felt more as if he just stands there getting hit.... Would give him 2 shields if I could :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the templar is meant to tank for you. He's never going to reach the levels of the enchantress in terms of damage. I'm at 600 at 33 with my templar doing a mere 23 :P

Ok so thats all I wanted to know, I figured Follower dps was low. Just wanted a comparison.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    its pointless trying to Dps him up - so I just try and give him stats with Health etc, so he stay alive more, or take away his weapon and let him punch stuff-

But dont ever get him talking abut the sun or prisoners, he will talk for hours

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Ow wait, the templar actually hits back? Felt more as if he just stands there getting hit.... Would give him 2 shields if I could :>
    He does a fair amount of damage if you give him a good weapon. Of course nothing like what you can throw out yourself, but every little bit helps on the higher difficulties.

Given how small the damage temp can gain is I find the best way to gear mine is defensively, resists/vit/life are all good, the longer he is alive the more he can heal, the more he can be a distraction for you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the Templar's charge as a skill, I'd switch it to the other one in that skill set (I think the 200% weapon dmg thing?). That helped me when he was randomly running around charging things and pulling things I didn't want.

To OP... I wouldn't worry about the Templar's DPS. Just use him as a meat shield.

Synthaxx, nice pics, I lolled

OP, I'm at level 55 and my templar has 280 dps!

The only reason to use the templar: Inspire.

That and that little 3-4k heal of his has actually rescued me from death a few times heh.

(I'm level 57 in Hell difficulty)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Basically as a demon hunter im not that great at taking damage, therefore the templar is my meatshield and emergency heal if things go to shit, which they always do >.< lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a demon hunter do you find the heal more effective than the taunt? For reference, I'm currently in Act 1 Inferno, just finished Skeleton King. His taunt has saved me multiple times but then he immediately is annihilated. How often does he use the heal?

templar is only useful for healing and the free stun

10+ Year Old Account
    Templar is mentally challenged. He stands in fire and poison, he runs around attacking stuff a mile away and never seems to heal at the correct times.

Deleted
    I hate them all, templar keeps talking about suns or prisoners. And it seems that my character has a serious dementia, because he needs to ask once a while why Scoundrel leaved Kingsport. Enchantress has horrible accent and he always keep laughing about what the prophet said about me.

My DH likes to adventure alone.

I only roll with the Templar because his voice makes me think that his next words will be "DOUBLE KILL" followed by "MMMMMONSTER KILL".

When he says "What a MONSTROUS creature" or "What a fight. GLORIOUS" I cake my pants a little.

That said the AI is shitty. When I'm in the thick of things and my Templar is hanging around 30 yards away doing NOTHING. As in he clearly has all of his abilities off cd but he just stands and talks shit I get a little annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

My templar has 50k health and hits for 18 damage. We've uh... come to an agreement that as long as he's keeping one mob off me it's going well. Also, he's tanking guys pretty nicely in hell at 54.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

10+ Year Old Account
    My 53 Wizard has 8000DPS, while Templar has like 200 D:
    Hi