Thread: Warcraft 3 ftw

Warcraft 3 ftw

Just wanted to get some feedback from the e-community here, Ive played blizz games since warcraft 2. All wow xps, all diablo xp, starcraft, etc... And I've come to the conclusion that warcraft 3 the frozen throne was the best blizzard game ever made! lol let the rage begin! I've never gotten "tired" of this game like I have with the other blizz genres and to this day I still play it a decent amount of hours weekly, anyone else on par with this?

GOOD DAY

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Uhm.... Okay good for you.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I enjoyed it too, though it'll never be the same again now that much of the lore revolving around it has arguably been butchered and endured heavy retcons.

Deleted
    Graaaawrh RAGING BAD.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    I enjoyed it too, though it'll never be the same again now that much of the lore revolving around it has arguably been butchered and endured heavy retcons.
    Not really. The lore from WC3 has changed a bit, but hardly "butchered". Now the lore back from the wc1-wc2 days has suffered what you could call "heavy retcons" however.

Meanwhile, at OP's house.

*snip*

But yeah, WC3 was pretty awesome, though I'd say WoW is the best game Blizzard's ever made.

Yeah, let's not post things that cause seizures. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-24 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not really. The lore from WC3 has changed a bit, but hardly "butchered". Now the lore back from the wc1-wc2 days has suffered what you could call "heavy retcons" however.
    I'd contest that, simply because there's a lack of continuity. Draenei and worgen in particular have suffered the fate of having very little relevance to the overall swing of things, whereas blood elves and night elves have effectively become the eternal victims by shifting heavily away from the savage and formidable forces to be reckoned with that they were introduced as.

There's still some good scraps of lore, though it's often overshadowed or dumbed down. Deathwing is a prime example, he had a lot of potential to follow his previous path of infiltrating influential organisations and pulling political strings from within them. Instead, he simply returned as a giant dragon who was indirectly shown to be incompetent whilst burning random things.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-05-24 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm.... Okay good for you.
    Would you like a scooby snack now?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Meanwhile, at OP's house.

*snip*

But yeah, WC3 was pretty awesome, though I'd say WoW is the best game Blizzard's ever made.
    Mah brain! It burns!
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-24 at 06:24 PM.

now that i got over my seizure... oh god another po...

Deleted
    I only play that game for DotA now, nothing more, if i get bored of DotA 2. Didnt really try other aspects of WC3.

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne sure is a good Blizzard game. The only reason I'm considering putting it against WoW is because of the World Editor. I've never seen and used such an open tool ever, it lets you be as creative as you want, as long as you know how to use it. That is why to me Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is one of the best games they've made. I still think I'll put WoW ahead of it though, not as of patch 4.3, but all the way through its lifespan I think it's been better. I do see why you choose Warcraft 3 over it though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    I'd contest that, simply because there's a lack of continuity. Draenei and worgen in particular have suffered the fate of having very little relevance to the overall swing of things, whereas blood elves and night elves have effectively become the eternal victims by shifting heavily away from the savage and formidable forces to be reckoned with that they were introduced as.

There's still some good scraps of lore, though it's often overshadowed or dumbed down. Deathwing is a prime example, he had a lot of potential to follow his previous path of infiltrating influential organisations and pulling political strings from within them. Instead, he simply returned as a giant dragon who was indirectly shown to be incompetent whilst burning random things.
    Well there weren't any worgen in Warcraft 3. At all. And the Draenei were just "Humanoids native to Draenor, almost all of them were killed by the orcs - the end". True however, that both blood and night elves have been... Shall we say "neutered"?

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    I only play that game for DotA now, nothing more, if i get bored of DotA 2. Didnt really try other aspects of WC3.
    Shame on you. Since Dota is just... Derp :P

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is easily the best game I've ever played. Logged in every day in 2004-2007 mostly, now just rarely. Sadly, most of my friends left for WoW and other games, so I joined them in WoW aswell.

I didn't care for the RTS gameplay, but I loved playing the custom games like Uther's Party and Life of a Peasant