Thread: Gamer Massage

Gamer Massage

Hello Forum, I am currently doing a little travelling around and I have a bad back and neck, my knees are also not great because I am 6'4'' and I grew very rapidly going into my grade 11 year. Anyways because I had some pain in my neck and back I decided to go get a massage from this little place called serenity day spa and asked for a neck and back massage. Its one of those little places run by some sort of asian people (not to be racist im just not sure of their exact ethnicity). So I lay down on the bed and they gave me and neck, back, arm, scalp and hand massage. First of all it was amazing, all of it, my back and neck feel great. Second and why I posted this in the first place, as a gamer you always have your hands in awkward ass positions on your key board and on your mouse and I have to say that a hand massage was probably one of the most relaxing and relieinvg things I have experienced outside of the bedroom. Honestly I would recommend every gamer going and getting a hand massage at some point wether you are a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer, it just feels nice to get all those little tiny bones some attention, they work hard for you dont they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranostar View Post
    Hello Forum, I am currently doing a little travelling around and I have a bad back and neck, my knees are also not great because I am 6'4'' and I grew very rapidly going into my grade 11 year. Anyways because I had some pain in my neck and back I decided to go get a massage from this little place called serenity day spa and asked for a neck and back massage. Its one of those little places run by some sort of asian people (not to be racist im just not sure of their exact ethnicity). So I lay down on the bed and they gave me and neck, back, arm, scalp and hand massage. First of all it was amazing, all of it, my back and neck feel great. Second and why I posted this in the first place, as a gamer you always have your hands in awkward ass positions on your key board and on your mouse and I have to say that a hand massage was probably one of the most relaxing and relieinvg things I have experienced outside of the bedroom. Honestly I would recommend every gamer going and getting a hand massage at some point wether you are a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer, it just feels nice to get all those little tiny bones some attention, they work hard for you dont they?
    Damn, I need a massage so badly right now. I'm also 6'5" and I grew from 5'4" to 6'1" in the 3 month break between Freshman and Sophomore year of high school, so I feel your pain. I've been having really nasty upper back pain for the last 3-4 days, so I could really use a good massage. The problem is that half the time I get a massage, I feel better after, while the other half makes my back ache more for several days.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Try going to a chiropractor, also even if you never injured your back you just grew rapidly and its weak because of that going to physiotherapy is a great idea. I played football and rugby in highschool and ive also played hockey, soccer, volleyball and boxing for extracaricular activites. There are alot of people who underestimiate the power of stretching 2-3 times a week before bed or just before you get out of bed, you only need to stretch for a couple minutes and you really only need to go to physio 1-2 and they can show you most of what you need to know. Also if your lower back is giving you lots of trouble try getting a chiropractor to align your hips, you could also possibly need inserts for your shoes. I realise none of my recommendations are cheap but sometimes relief from pain is worth a hefty price, I know when It comes to my back I have twisted my spine twice so im really not afraid to spend some money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love going to the chiropractor. I swear I get taller after a session lol I'm also a tall individual, 6'5" to be exact. I've never found a masseuse I like, but my chiropractor ... I love that man lol

Deleted
    Not a bad idea, can you do it from home, was it expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Not a bad idea, can you do it from home, was it expensive?
    I could probably find a massage therapist back home that would give a hand massage, I didnt ask for a hand massage specificly though, like I was sayng it just got included into my back/neck massage although im sure that there are places that give just a regular hand and arm massage for writers, gamers arent that different and my who session lasted 45 minutes and was $40, very reasonable!

Deleted
    I've had a few massages in the past and I found them to be an excellent way to erode away stress and tension. I should really go and get another. I usually have trouble sleeping, though for a few nights after a massage I slept soundly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Day9 posted some good exercises to do before a gaming session. recorded from one of his daily's. Mostly starcraft related but it applies to everything I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSbf4mBKq-o

I had a spinal fracture (thoracic vertebrae) at the age of 11, doing similar exercises daily (27 years now) in addition to weight lifting. I have sitting job and play games a lot too. Don't have any back problems at all now. Text is in Russian, but it's all clear from the images:

http://imgur.com/QdK1O,29nIs
    http://imgur.com/QdK1O,29nIs
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2012-05-24 at 11:06 PM.

Ive been a avid gamer for the past...idk...15 years. Luckily I have had no major health issues and am in fairly good shape

Its easy really, take a hour a day and get some exersize. Go jogging, Running, walking, hiking...w/e. Just get outside and break a sweat for a hour a day.

Wow will still be there, you'll feel better, and not feel as much as a slob if you eat a Big Mac or something.

Deleted
    Excersizing, stretching and massaging will help your circulation and rusty muscles. I will strongly recommend either 3 or all together to keep yourself fit, healthy and feeling good. @ the chiropractor I've had some very good experiences, regrettably at a certain point my hip would pop in and out of place with every step. A chiropractor for me was an easy solution vs. enforcing the relevant muscles in a proper way. So it depends on your situation I guess.

There often are massagetherapists who will also do house calls, just make sure it's a non-erotic one. (Or if you are into that kind of thing).

Good luck, have fun and enjoy them rubs.