Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    What a fucking joke affirmative action is and if you think not you are a moron. Affirmative action is so flawed does there need to be something in place to help minorities and women yes but not how affirmative action tries to do it. Oh lets see well this guy is way more qualified and perfect for the job but we cant hire him cause we need to meet are quota of women or ethnics groups so the job has to go to someone less qualified. Or how bout your city fire department has to hire a woman who couldnt pass the physcial that a man was required to pass and your house is burning down and your passed out from the smoke, the man that passed the physical coulda carried you out but unfortunatly for you and lucky for us the female fire fighter cant carry you to safety so you die and she is unnecasarilly at risk and probably going to endanger another firefighter to bring her out to safety.
    the only flaw about affirmative action is in your lack of knowledge about it. no organization needs to meet any "quotas", in fact such employment quotas are illegal, and no qualified man will lose out on a job to an unqualified woman unless that company has an idiot recruiter, as affirmative action only applies when the two candidates are equally qualified. so enough of the hysterics and hyperbole already. as for affirmative action in relation to things like fire departments, as long as the fire department can demonstrate that the requirement is bona fide occupational requirement required to do the job safely, they are perfectly allowed to discriminate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    And that's sexist.
    Maybe so, but men being more likely to save women than another man could even be considered instinctual and not simply because culture deems women as fragile war flowers that need saving.

Depends on why you do it.
    i have no idea whats the word in english, it means that a man have a great respect for woman.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Okay, I was out of hand on that attack, and I will say it here: I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that.
    I appreciate that.

I will also note that moderates SHOULD be the ones repping the ideology. If for no other reason then to help your own cause.
    Alas reality does not work as we would like it to.

Source on that she fears you thing, here are two looks at it, first the packaged and shone up scam http://www.menendingrape.org/SFYpresent.htm
    and now a look at it from mens rights pov http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Wbq1f9MJw

draw your own conclusion there.
    Only had a brief look. But that's not a source for what you were claiming, which was a university not letting students attend there unless they take a course on rape. And that's not even a course, it just looks like a presentation. If you want to say that there are crazy presentations, sure there is. Doesn't mean much.

Let me begin by saying men are genetically superior in almost every way. Now that I have your attention, feminism is a double edged sword, but women only want to take the positive side. Holding a door open for a women and not being violent towards women is just as sexist as asking them to make you a sandwich. Feminists claim they want to have equal rights, but they just don't want any of the actual work/compromises that come with it.

Tl;dr Feminists are hypocrits

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I don't. I specifically said I support egalitarnianism. Ignoring my posts doesn't validate your straw mans.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16941701

Moving the goal post is pretty pathetic. Either way, I don't normally call myself a feminist without reason either. This whole thread began as the OP trying to call me out on my feminism.

I made no such post.
    1. After you were called out on it. See the sentence in your second quote that you cut.
    2. Your post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthre...2#post16941522

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Maybe so, but men being more likely to save women than another man could even be considered instinctual and not simply because culture deems women as fragile war flowers that need saving.
    The point is that this culture is sexist and should be changed. The lives of men are not any less valuable than that of women. Though frankly it's a bit silly because which military has the slogan of "leave that men behind he's just another expendable men and not a women"?

Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    i have no idea whats the word in english, it means that a man have a great respect to woman.
    Do you hold open the door for men then?

only if i know them
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

No, it's called discrimination. If a woman can carry you under fire in the army when you are wounded then why shouldn't she be allowed to?

Look, no one is saying that physically unfit women should be in combat roles. But those who are capable ought to be allowed to die for their country, and claiming that "most" isn't fit enough to do so is not an argument for banning them from such roles completely. And the fact that you just made these arguments just goes to show how sexist you actually are.
    Pretty sure the military doesn't want women on their periods engaged in combat situations with their hormones out of whack. Go ahead and try to skip past that massive hurdle.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in equality, and a program that favours one sex over the other is wrong.

there you go! ^_^

that said, equality is of course a concept that we should strife for and try to get as close as possible, not something that can (or even should) really be 100% reached in reality. it can definitely be MUCH closer than we are now, though.

Deleted
    Automatic-doors will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Pretty sure the military doesn't want women on their periods engaged in combat situations with their hormones out of whack. Go ahead and try to skip past that massive hurdle.
    take the pill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    i dont know, Is it sexist to hold doors open for women?
    If it's the fact that she's a women and not to just be polite, then yes. I open the door for everybody though.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    take the pill?
    You don't know how "the pill" works, nor the fact that the hormonal surges occur regardless of the lack of menstruation (which still happens, just less often).
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    1. After you were called out on it. See the sentence in your second quote that you cut.
    So I don't go about pronouncing all of my beliefs at every opportunity. So what? You claimed that I "refused" to identify with egalitarianism. You're clearly just making it up.

And by your logic, you didn't say that you're against killing all jews. So does that mean you are an anti-semitic Nazi? Oh and by the way if you deny it now, then by your logic, you only denied it after getting called out on it, therefore it doesn't count. So by your logic, I've just proven that you're a Nazi. Don't be ridiculous. Find an actual case of me opposing egalitarianism or shut up about it.

I fail to see where I said I dislike such people. I made that post in response to a specific claim. Again you're making things up.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 01:46 AM ----------

Depends on which military you're talking about. Some pretty big ones disagree with your stereotpying of women.

Deleted
    You don't know how "the pill" works, nor the fact that the hormonal surges occur regardless of the lack of menstruation (which still happens, just less often).
    Ever done a 7 month tour abroad? Women are the only ones trying to control their hormones!

This was a sketchy thread to begin with, and in spite of some good discussion took place, I feel it's best to shut this down now that it has devolved into heated arguing. Sorry folks.