Japaneese proposals

Hello friends,
    Im looking for any traditions associated with proposals or marriage in the japaneese culture. If any of you out there can give me some informations that would be extremly apreciated. Something romatic would be preferable. Thanks in advance.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Unless the person is actually from Japan and has lived there most of their life, I strongly suggest just proposing with something original.

Doing something traditional in Japanese culture just because she's Japanese in heritage could be extremely offensive and a big turn off. You know, the whole ignorance factor and all. Kind of like asking your UK born Mexican wife if they want Burritos as their primary dish at the reception.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Unless the person is actually from Japan and has lived there most of their life, I strongly suggest just proposing with something original.
    Even if this was the case, I would still want it to be original and from the person proposing - not something they read about online. But I don't know the person getting proposed to I guess.

I'm not actually going to propose as per tradition, im just looking for ideas, and I think she would apreciate if the proposal was [I]based[I] on a japaneese idea.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    I'm not actually going to propose as per tradition, im just looking for ideas, and I think she would apreciate if the proposal was [I]based[I] on a japaneese idea.
    If you want to give a nod to Japanese traditions and keep it original at the same time, you could ask her father for permission beforehand. It's almost an unwritten law in Japan that you have to get the father's permission before proposal. Not to mention it's classy, and it will get you major cookie points with the parents regardless.

As for the actual proposal, just do something all on your own. You'll be happy 10 years down the line looking back that you did something of your own and not something that everyone else has done.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    If she's from Japan, and you are a non-asian gentleman; a big shiny bling bling ring.
    That's how to win the hearts of many Chinese and Japanese women.

Introducing and asking the approval of parents doesn't happen until you proposed to the lady in question. This is often accommodated with a gift.

I am not familiar with any other customs I'm afraid. But I must emphasize the big ring!

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you want to give a nod to Japanese traditions and keep it original at the same time, you could ask her father for permission beforehand. It's almost an unwritten law in Japan that you have to get the father's permission before proposal. Not to mention it's classy, and it will get you major cookie points with the parents regardless.

As for the actual proposal, just do something all on your own. You'll be happy 10 years down the line looking back that you did something of your own and not something that everyone else has done.
    What if her father does not like him?