Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    Soooo many loose ends in the story it's driving me nuts.

What happened to Imperious? Adria? Leah? the black soulstone?

are we gonna have to wait for an expansion to wrap things up?

if it's really gonna take 2 years to do so i'm going to have to punch metzen in the nuts...
    Well, dunno what happened to Imperious, but to Imperius well, he's dead, you see that body on the ground before you go kill diablo? That's him, watch your cutscenes next time.

Adria isn't seen after the act 4 cutscene and is most likely our content for the expansion, sounds good to me.

Leah, well, she's dead. You know that red smouldering thing you see on the ground after you killed diablo... that's leah. Seriously man, do you watch the cinematics, like, ever?

Oh, you know the black soulstone, you know when Diablo's corpse was falling off the pinnacle of heaven, y'know, in that cinematic and it fell to the ground somewhere... yeah. Up for grabs. IMAGINE NOT CLOSING THE ENTIRE STORY LINE FOR A GAME WHICH WE ALL KNOW WILL HAVE AN EXPANSION AND PROBLY A SEQUEL. /palmface.

Oh, and for those finding 'Kulle Story Bro' hilarious, go check your hardcore act 2 achievements, and you'll find it right there. >.>

What i want to know is why the male Barbarian is such a dick to everyone. Every-time a follower tries to have a bit of a chat with him he basically replies with some variant of "SHUT UP I DON'T CARE"

OT: Kulle was awesome and his voice actor was awesome, considering his interesting back story too (being an ancient wizardry dude), more needed to be done with him.

Not evil? If the horadrim didn't stop him back when they did our characters probably never would have been born. Cause he would of wrecked everyone. I feel no guilt for ending him.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    While that would be nice, Blizzard has never really tried that. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but the only title they've developed which lets you decide what to do would be Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, and even then it only changes the missions you play and has no bearing on the ending.

I'm kind of glad they didn't try to patch together their first "multiple ending" game ever and made some gruesome mistake that upsets everyone. Yes, I'm glaring at you, Bioware.
    Mass Effect 3 has different endings. They should try that out, letting you choose the ending... Would be awesome...

Deleted
    But then it would be a real pain for the expansion. Remember Deus Ex : Invisible War ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The way he was portrayed he was neutral evil and through his ambitions of power more like a thread to humanity itself rather than uplifting it. Considering he wanted to harness the power of both sides it would have been also a threat to both sides with eventually both sides allying against humanity. He reminded me in parts on Amon Jerro in NWN2.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account

if it's really gonna take 2 years to do so I'm going to have to punch metzen in the nuts...
    1. I'm guessing Imperious is alive, considering at the end Tyrael said he was going to join them (the angels), but not as an immortal (archangel, his previous role in heaven). Though we don't know for sure, so it is iffy.

2. Adria was ordered to go away and wait, besides that there is no telling, she is the only real loose end.

3. Leah was taken over by Diablo (which you see at the end of Act III), and when Imperious forced Diablo to show himself her body was destroyed. In the Diablo wiki it says that the story is different to the With Doctor and Monk, pertaining to her spirit.

4. If you watched the end cinematic you see the black soul stone break up with Diablo. It is quite easy to spot. Either that or it fell to the ground, which I highly doubt.

See comments like these, I can tell who skipped story and who didn't ^_^ and this is my first Diablo game for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Tbh, he betrayed us (you) and he had to pay for it, he was also after the power of the black soulstone (god damn popular that thing)
    still tho, everyone is after the BStone, even Adria betrayed her own daughter to get the power, altho she failed.
    How exactly did she fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Did we play the same game? He tells you you're being used by Adria and then warns you that somethings wrong with the soulstone but you go GIMME RAWWRWRRRGHH and murder him.

Exactly..Zoltun Kulle is not a "good guy" but he DOES warn you that you are being used as a puppet..right before you kill him because you think he just wants you to turn evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    How exactly did she fail?
    Adria did not fail at all !! All her plans actually worked out perfectly. She always wanted to bring Diablo back as Prime evil and yeah she succeded because we had to kill Kulle and did not listen to his warnings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    Well, dunno what happened to Imperious, but to Imperius well, he's dead, you see that body on the ground before you go kill diablo? That's him, watch your cutscenes next time.
    No no, watch your cutscenes next time . The angels are obviously alive just powerless and possibly in pain, you can still see them moving after their wings have been extinguished.

So it's reasonable to assume once we beat Diablo that and it's all restored that he's back to being ok too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahn View Post
    No no, watch your cutscenes next time . The angels are obviously alive just powerless and possibly in pain, you can still see them moving after their wings have been extinguished.

So it's reasonable to assume once we beat Diablo that and it's all restored that he's back to being ok too.
    I love guys telling you to go watch the cutscenes posting wrong things. Yeah he is Alive even after he got knocked down. After that cutscene is over you can see him lying on the ground but he still moves as you said possibly in pain.

So yeah Imperius is still alive after you have killed Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    Mass Effect 3 has different endings.
    Not for colorblind people it doesn't.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    He justifiably freaked out when he got his stone back and notices there are suddenly 5 lords of hell inside of it that weren't there before, realizing you've been manipulated. Then he offers you a sweet gig of kicking the shit out of all demons and the angels who voted in favor of human genocide.

He's a bro and I would've gone for it.
    This so much

Deleted
    I also felt like he was not really all that evil, would have liked to have some other choice than killing him for the soulstone.

if it's really gonna take 2 years to do so i'm going to have to punch metzen in the nuts...
    The black soulstone was absorbed into Leah, so killing Diablo was presumably the equivalent of destroying it. And considering there's a vision of Leah in Act IV alongside visions of other characters who have died, I'd say she is dead. As for Imperius and Adria though, that's obvious expansion material
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't understand why the player character turns down his offer. He's basically telling you we can use this macguffin to become a physical god and pretty much order Earth, heaven, and hell as we see fit.

What kind of fucking idiot would turn that kind of power down?
    We can all hope you never find yourself in charge of anything ever. It normally only the ppl that cannot see why that is a bad idea that want it and go after it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    What i want to know is why the male Barbarian is such a dick to everyone. Every-time a follower tries to have a bit of a chat with him he basically replies with some variant of "SHUT UP I DON'T CARE"

OT: Kulle was awesome and his voice actor was awesome, considering his interesting back story too (being an ancient wizardry dude), more needed to be done with him.
    Well, to be honest there was the whole thing of "Yeah, the horadrim couldn't kill me, they thought about it long and hard but failed to come up with the goods so they just ended up sticking my head and my body in 2 different trans dimensional dungeons."

and we just stick a load of arrows/spider poison/sharp/blunt (with force) things in him and he drops dead?! Ok...

I get Adria rigged the soulstone to screw him on use but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    Mass Effect 3 has different endings. They should try that out, letting you choose the ending... Would be awesome...
    If it's referencing me glaring at Bioware, my retort is that "green ending, blue ending, red ending" isn't different endings. Different endings would imply that they're, well... different. But there's quite enough of complaints about the ME3 ending without there being more of it in this thread, I guess.

If you're suggesting Mass Effect 3 is a Blizzard game which features choices and multiple endings, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    The way he was portrayed he was neutral evil and through his ambitions of power more like a thread to humanity itself rather than uplifting it. Considering he wanted to harness the power of both sides it would have been also a threat to both sides with eventually both sides allying against humanity. He reminded me in parts on Amon Jerro in NWN2.
    He was, I think neutral Chaotic on the whole grid of character alignment thing.

Lawful good, neutral good, lawful evil
    Lawful neutral, true neutral, evil neutral
    Chaotic good, Zoltal Kulle, chaotic evil

I think that's about how he was pitched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.