Thread: Why Sargeras?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    There were undead in Classic. Anyone who knows anything about WoW lore knows that the undead were controlled by the Lich King, who was also Arthas (It's debatable whether it was all arthas, all LK, or a mix). He didn't need to be mentioned for many many people to know he was there.
    There were undead before both the Lich King and Arthas. Necrolytes would raise skeletons, and Gul'dan created the Death Knights. Necromancy in WoW is a fel oriented magic, passed on to mortals by demons - in one way or the other.

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    Last boss will be Azeroth its self

Azeroth is an old god, the titans contained an old god in a shell that is now the planet our avatars live on (Lovencraft lore) a being of uncomprehensible power that cannot be killed.

we will leave this planet and discover a new one, new zones, new leveling experience, a way to keep the franchise alive and fresh

Probably...
    Have you actually ever read Lovecraft?

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    They can continue the story for years after we fight Sargeras. My only wish is that if we do end up killing him, that he does something to tries to redeem himself in some way.

Plus lore wise, The Lich King (Bolvar) should be coming out of his slumber very soon. I think its about 5 years or so, for Ner'Zhul to fully integrate with his new host and get his powers back (just going off the case with Arthas). But Bolvar, being the powerful Pally he is, will probably bring something pretty cool to the table with his new powers. And who knows...we might see some of Bolvar's Scourge, fighting off the Burning Legion with us this time.
    Ner'zhul was banished shortly before Wotlk.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    Last boss will be Azeroth its self

Azeroth is an old god, the titans contained an old god in a shell that is now the planet our avatars live on (Lovencraft lore) a being of uncomprehensible power that cannot be killed.

we will leave this planet and discover a new one, new zones, new leveling experience, a way to keep the franchise alive and fresh

Probably...
    The Azeroth being an Old God was just a speculation (which is awesome nonetheless) and i doubt Blizzard will make it this epic.

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Because it's been alluded to.

Velen's prophecy and vision of the Naaru's great army of light clashing with the great darkness in a final confrontation all points to the culmination of the fight against the Burning Legion (which Sargeras is lord and master of) during the end of days, with Azeroth as the staging grounds.
    That doesn't mean that after we defeat the Burning Legion we will leave in peace. The Titans found the Nathrezim. Who created the Titans and the Nathrezim though?

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I think I perceive Sargeras different to you guys,

The Titans, HUGE unthinking, unemotional, unforgiving beings that care nothing for life for it is too chaotic..

OR

Sargeras, You can say what you like about him, but he understands emotion and his legion is very much alive and growing... his methods may leave a little to be desired but overall perhaps he is just trying to sustain uncontrollable, unpredictable emotional life in the galaxy?

out of the two I prefer Sargeras, I'd rather bend the knee to him than have everything wiped back to rock by the titans thank you very much.

He accepts our hatred because he's the hero Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Titan.
    And then he will just look at you with the corner of his eye and suddenly you will become ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Have you actually ever read Lovecraft?
    I really don't think so.

I'll just leave this here for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Sargeras is half-dead, though. And it's very likely that Old Gods are more powerful than Sargeras.
    He isn't half dead. He is just stuck between 2 portals. The old gods all together are more powerful than him yes, but as single entities, he is far stronger. Its like comparing a wolf to a dog. a wolf is far stronger than a dog, b ut a pack of 4-5 dogs could take a wolf (depending on breed).

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 12:21 PM ----------

I believe the BL will be the final Expack, but if by chance it isn't. the only other boss after that that could fit in lorewise without being to BS is the source of the old gods. Some cosmic insect like parasite factory in the far reaches of the galaxy... something to do with a queen of blades and...

WORLD OF STARCRAFT BITCHES.

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The Azeroth being an Old God was just a speculation (which is awesome nonetheless) and i doubt Blizzard will make it this epic.[COLOR="red"]

[SIZE=1]

That doesn't mean that after we defeat the Burning Legion we will leave in peace. The Titans found the Nathrezim. Who created the Titans and the Nathrezim though?
    The titans were created at the beginning of the WoW universe, essentially by the big bang. They are eternals and have always existed.

The Nathrezim are from the twisting nether, essentially another dimension and are demons. Beings created by darkness and chaos from other dimensions or from the science defying physics of the twisting nether.
    Last edited by misspellar; 2012-05-26 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misspellar View Post
    He isn't half dead. He is just stuck between 2 portals. The old gods all together are more powerful than him yes, but as single entities, he is far stronger. Its like comparing a wolf to a dog. a wolf is far stronger than a dog, b ut a pack of 4-5 dogs could take a wolf (depending on breed).[COLOR="red"]
    More like a bear. And he's the strongest bear ever. And he is on fire. And he has chainsaws and is immune to most types of damage.

Honestly, his biggest obstacle is that he can't fit through the door.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-05-26 at 05:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    My brain just exploded due to a sheer awesomeness overload!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

My brain just exploded due to a sheer awesomeness overload!
    It makes me sad that it isn't actually a series.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Few years back I'd love to see him as the last boss, because I was thinking of a fight such as Illidan, that means that a lot of people would get to kil lhim, but only those trying hard and putting hours of wipes.

But right now I simply don't care, because whoever it is even a new player on blues and pvp gear will actually get to kill him. That's lame.

He isn't half dead. He is just stuck between 2 portals. The old gods all together are more powerful than him yes, but as single entities, he is far stronger. Its like comparing a wolf to a dog. a wolf is far stronger than a dog, b ut a pack of 4-5 dogs could take a wolf (depending on breed).

I believe the BL will be the final Expack, but if by chance it isn't. the only other boss after that that could fit in lorewise without being to BS is the source of the old gods. Some cosmic insect like parasite factory in the far reaches of the galaxy... something to do with a queen of blades and...

The titans were created at the beginning of the WoW universe, essentially by the big bang. They are eternals and have always existed.

The Nathrezim are from the twisting nether, essentially another dimension and are demons. Beings created by darkness and chaos from other dimensions or from the science defying physics of the twisting nether.
    Chihuahuas!

OT: See? It's simple. We will just go to that other dimension and fuck them up, easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Sargeras is half-dead, though. And it's very likely that Old Gods are more powerful than Sargeras.
    Sargeras was the Pantheon's greatest champion, charged with maintaining all order in the cosmos. The only confirmed titan fatality was that of a minor titan that died combating C'Thun, who himself was almost killed.

Collectively, the Old Gods may be more powerful than Sargeras. However, the Old Gods are just as much at war with each other as they are with the titans and are unlikely to unite. The Legion, chaotic as it may be, is a single entity with actual leadership and an ultimate goal. As we've seen before, no amount of raw power can overcome organized tactics. The Legion has both.

As I've said before, the final chapter of WoW may very well tell the story of a massive three-way conflict between the Old Gods, the Legion, and the Pantheon. If that is the case, the mortals are ten different kinds of fucked.

EDIT: Also of note is this quote by Skyriss:

I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!
    I've seen a lot of people use this as "evidence" that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Legion. That in mind, I'd like to put forth my own two coppers worth.

In the past, numerous leaders had declared themselves and/or their respective factions invincible and eternal, i.e. the Roman and Persian empires. They were almost universally demolished, and their arrogance and foolishness to assume that they were the end-all-be-all proved to be their undoing. It's likely the Old Gods have the same mindset.
    Last edited by Rheckameohs; 2012-05-26 at 06:17 PM.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Deleted
    The people who claims that WoW ended with Arthas are idiots. It didn't start with him, and it sure as heck didn't end with him.
    This. It puzzles me beyond reason, seeing as Sargeras is ultimately behind the whole Orcs vs. Humans scenario. How the heck can anyone claim Arthas is anything beyond a ruddy subplot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'zhul was banished shortly before Wotlk.
    Then whats giving the host control over the Undead, and Nercomantic powers?
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Then whats giving the host control over the Undead, and Nercomantic powers?
    necromancy is a part of arcane magic it has nothing to do with fel magic. basically all necromancers and death knights are mages they just specialize in that branch of the arcane. when it comes to mind control it all comes down to the raw power and willpower of the necromancer otherwise the undead gains freewill

I'll bet any amount of money that Sargeras won't even be the last boss of his expansion, and may very well be a five-man instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I'll bet any amount of money that Sargeras won't even be the last boss of his expansion, and may very well be a five-man instance.
    Yeah.....I don't think so.

Sargeras is the satan of WoW. I'm pretty sure he is the final boss of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Yes, the entity directly responsible for Warcraft will be a 5-man boss.

Right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynara View Post
    Sargeras is the satan of WoW. I'm pretty sure he is the final boss of the game.
    I'm not. The biggest problem with Sarg is that he really is the "end game" boss. The Big Bad of Warcraft.

Killing him will be tricky if they plan on keeping the "menace" present in the WoW-verse. They'll probably have to build up an ever bigger threat down the line before we chop him off, lest they run the risk of people saying "well, that's serious lore done. Good run."

I dunno, I pretty much think people overhype him and I kinda find it silly.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

You have absolutely no basis for that statement, just guesswork. What little direct comparison that has been done officially indicates that an Old God is more powerful than any Titan, and they only got defeated and chained up because they were outnumbered. Sargeras would likely lose to any one of them, much less all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm not. The biggest problem with Sarg is that he really is the "end game" boss. The Big Bad of Warcraft.

Killing him will be tricky if they plan on keeping the "menace" present in the WoW-verse. They'll probably have to build up an ever bigger threat down the line before we chop him off, lest they run the risk of people saying "well, that's serious lore done. Good run."
    His fight should be interesting, Sadly for the sake of story and lore we will of course beat him like we do everyone else. - But I think it would be cool for him to win and kill EVERYTHING and then WoW ends.