Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Archaelogy Mounts in the Future

What do you think would make a great mount in the future, for example adding a mount to mogu/pandaren archaeology?

I think the quillen mount that is a collectors edition mount, would make a much better mount as a archeaeology mount, what do you think?

Share your Suggestions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post

I think the quillen mount that is a collectors edition mount, would make a much better mount as a archeaeology mount, what do you think?

Share your Suggestions!
    I'll take it another step further. When you are mounted and not in combat, its a stoney earth themed quillen (after all, it was dug up and perhaps even fossilized). But, if you are still mounted and get into combat (pve OR pvp) Sha-like tendris and smoke vent out of the cracks in its joints. The combat bringing out its inner anger and all that sha-ness stuff.

Think of it like tea kettles all welded together, but able to run and move. When you enter combat, the tea kettles go off and you get steamy sha dust/steam everywhere. RAWR!
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a really cool suggestion!

Pterrodax.

That is the only mount I want from Archaeology. Maybe Devilsaur.

A Dog-like creature that sniffs around and look for fragments on its own (Maybe have a vehicle UI pop up for 'search' and then 'dig')
    When its searching it would howl at a direction, and would hint at the distance somehow (like the green/yellow/red light on the device)

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There actually is one Archaeology mount - Fossilized Raptor. I wouldn't mind seeing more, though. I am not a fan of the Quillen model, so I say let the CE purchasers keep it. :P

I would not mind seeing more ghost mounts (a la Spectral Gryphon/Spectral Windrider) because, well, they are spiffy. <_< I think it would be easy to incorporate them into a profession that has you digging up ancient - and maybe not so dormant - artifacts.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Pterrodax.

That is the only mount I want from Archaeology. Maybe Devilsaur.
    +5 internets, sir or madam. Flying around on a dinosaur would be a lot of fun.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wished they did more with mounts to a minor buff extent. Like if you are riding a saber cat (ally) or a hawkstrider/ravenlord you'd take slightly less fall damage (feline grace similar to cat form druids and rogues and birds cause they flap their wings to slow the descent ever so slightly).

This could go on to most of the other mounts to with slight resistance to fears/stuns/incapacitates etc. Maybe even where if you are riding your races mount, and dismount you have some sort of temp buff for a few secs, whether it be run speed, or combat haste. Lore could right it off as the familiarity of orcs with their wolves, dwarves with their rams, etc.

Maybe jumping off a mechano-hog or chopper could summon Megatron. WE JUST DONT KNOW. Helicopter would be starscream for sure...

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    There actually is one Archaeology mount - Fossilized Raptor. I wouldn't mind seeing more, though.
    I have that one, and the Qiraji battle bug... so the bug gets more use time
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    <snip> I have that one, and the Qiraji battle bug... so the bug gets more use time
    Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank

Darn it, I had the feeling I was forgetting one of them. Thanks for the catch. (Added link for easy searching by people)
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, thanks! I do approve of a Pterrodax though, or a fossilized bat mount!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think a sha(ish) kind of mount, would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarven / Pandaren Archaeology: Roly Poly Keg
    Teaches you to summon a Roly Poly Keg. This is a very fast Keg.

Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-07 at 04:39 PM.

Skeleton of current mounts would be nice. Like a skeleton Dragon Turtle, a skeleton could serpent and a skeleton tiger. All cool as hell and would get everyone doing Arch.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Fossilized Protodrake.

10+ Year Old Account
    ridable panda bear , leaveing rainbow trial behind...might be wearing red/white cap too

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/COMIC-Ride-Brewery-Man-Riding-Winged-Keg-BEER-c1910-Postcard-/00/s/NTA5WDgyMA==/$%28KGrHqR,!l!E9Hm73Po1BPY!1h!0r!~~60_57.JPG
    This. This x1000

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    This. This x1000
    It gives you wings!

Always thought a fossilized pterrodax would be an amazing flying mount for archaeology also fossil fragments are the most common thing next to night elf fragments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

SWEET JEEBUS. +50 to DUI...

Hopefully a flying mount, a Pterrordax or whatever they are called with full armor (at least a saddle and reins), maybe even slightly "undead" since you've dug it up? Would be amazing.

Or one of those skeletal serpents? Either way I hope we'll see many nice mounts and pets added to Arch, UNIQUE mounts and pets. Archaeology should be for the dedicated, not just something we get to waste time obtaining rehash models.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Skeleton of current mounts would be nice. Like a skeleton Dragon Turtle, a skeleton could serpent and a skeleton tiger. All cool as hell and would get everyone doing Arch.
    It would be more like "Would get everyone crying on the forums that they'd want said mounts added to the store or some sort of vendors". ^^. Out of 50 people that I know, only 3 have gotten the Arch mounts. More have tried doing arch but stopped. Me? I spent 2 years of at LEAST one daily Tol'Vir solve to get my mount, and then even longer to get that darn pet. Worth it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:00 PM ----------

OH OH, maybe that sha-looking Yak? . It drowned in mud, got corrupted by the Sha.