Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It will be insane until a lot of people hit 90 and fly everywhere. If you've been questing in the beta, you already know this.

No more than there is now. We might see a few people with nothing better to do get a group together and pointlessly gank people who are questing, but no more world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wpvp is dead for one simple reason - its only fun for one side, everyone likes to gank , noone likes being ganked

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    It's all about rewards. The EPL and BC World PvP attempts did nothing or nearly nothing to reward players. Halaa was a good attempt, but not enough.
    EPL was bound to fail. There's already zero incentive to be in that zone aside from those 2-3 lvl's and Sungrass farming.

Good World PvP objectives are situated in a central zone, one we have a reason to be in. Reward players with kills within the zone with tokens they can trade for useful items, fun items, rare mounts, plenty of stuff.

Sounds like farming to you? Exactly. Since it is what people seem to love doing most in this game.
    Exactly like wintergrasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    It's all about rewards.
    Hasn't the issue always been, even with things like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad that if a zone/objective gives rewards, that the rewards don't scale?

I mean, it sure would be nice if whatever they planned gave some sort of token/currency that was always useful throughout the expansion.

Something that even high level people would want.

But what kind of something could they give that would fulfill those requirements?

Hrm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Hasn't the issue always been, even with things like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad that if a zone/objective gives rewards, that the rewards don't scale?

I mean, it sure would be nice if whatever they planned gave some sort of token/currency that was always useful throughout the expansion.

Something that even high level people would want.

But what kind of something could they give that would fulfill those requirements?

Hrm.
    It'd have to be cosmetic or otherwise something besides stats. People still sometimes arrange kill-trade groups for Halaa because the dark talbuk mounts are pretty uncommon.

It'd be pretty cool if they introduced special bits and pieces for tabard designs that you can unlock for your guild via certain methods - tokens awarded for participating in world PvP areas would be an interesting concept. Not only does it encourage players to get involved, it encourages entire guilds to participate since the rewards are guild-wide.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Blizzard have done enough to encourage world PVP but the player base is too god damn lazy, I remember being on horde when alliance used to come to org and attack people to start up some world PVP and when I'd say on trade and all that people would laugh at you and go /care? or so what? this was alliance IN YOUR HOME CITY, you didn't have to go to them, THEY CAME TO YOU, yet people still couldn't be bothered to group up and do some PVP so what else can Blizzard do really?

World PVP is available you just have to want it, problem is not many people do, blame the lazy players and not Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It'd have to be cosmetic or otherwise something besides stats. People still sometimes arrange kill-trade groups for Halaa because the dark talbuk mounts are pretty uncommon.

It'd be pretty cool if they introduced special bits and pieces for tabard designs that you can unlock for your guild via certain methods - tokens awarded for participating in world PvP areas would be an interesting concept. Not only does it encourage players to get involved, it encourages entire guilds to participate since the rewards are guild-wide.
    The answer I was looking for was conquest points.

World PvP daily quests/objectives will be rewarding conquest points in MoP.
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

I hate the attitude you players have towards games where you want to be rewarded for doing anything, why should Blizzard give you stuff for doing some world PVP? why are you only interested in killing the opposite faction if you get something for it? that attitude is bullshit really, I've done more PVP on wow in my 5 or so years than anything else because I enjoy killing other players so why can't you guys just do the same? do you fly into SW and go shit, I really wanna kill that mage but can't because Blizzard won't give me conq for it?

You get rewarded for arena, BG's or RBG's yet that still isn't enough? just play the damn game and if you want rewarded for doing everything then games ain't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    You get rewarded for arena, BG's or RBG's yet that still isn't enough? just play the damn game and if you want rewarded for doing everything then games ain't for you.
    Top-level Daily Quests in MoP grant Valor Points, the same Valor Points you get from raiding or doing LFD/LFR.

Game's changing, my friend. This game is becoming suited for those people you believe it isn't for.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Hopefully that zone with the 2 new 'hubs' will see some world pvp.

Has anyone heard or seen of a new wintergrasp/tolbarad?

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer I was looking for was conquest points.

World PvP daily quests/objectives will be rewarding conquest points in MoP.
    Oh. That's okay too, I guess.

I'm still not really a fan of gear being a factor in PvP to begin with. Oh well, it's part and parcel of the MMO format.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Has anyone heard or seen of a new wintergrasp/tolbarad?
    They said they're not doing one for MoP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I doubt we will see much more world PvP than we see now. The only thing I know of that really gets people out in the zones are the new world bosses. Scenarios are instanced, pokepanda pets can be traded and are account wide so initially we might see some farming but it is going to go down fast. Farming and fishing will likely take place in specific areas so not so much out in the world as out by the quest givers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I doubt we will see much more world PvP than we see now. The only thing I know of that really gets people out in the zones are the new world bosses. Scenarios are instanced, pokepanda pets can be traded and are account wide so initially we might see some farming but it is going to go down fast. Farming and fishing will likely take place in specific areas so not so much out in the world as out by the quest givers.
    People seem to think world pvp is only ganking.

I've never understood this.

You could get halaa tokens or something similiar for World-PvPing in specific PvP objectives or just anywhere in the world. Perhaps you could buy shoulder enchants, epic gems, mounts/pets/transmog gear etc, and some high-end reward(mount) which will take several months/years to get even if you farm everyday.

Would of course only works against people of similiar level, you should get a minus for ganking lowbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to think world pvp is only ganking.

I've never understood this.
    I thought people kept screaming "GANKING ISN'T PVP U LOSER SCRUB FAGGOT NOOB OMG I HATE U DIE FAGGOT."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not have beta, but from what i hear so far: you will have decent WPvP first month or so. No flying mounts.

With cross realm lower level zones AND pandas which must be leveled, you will have stuff happening as well. At least on PvP servers. But.. wasnt that the reason you rolled PvP?

As far as a permanent fix for WPvP, you got to have some element of sandbox. Maybe phased zones and be able to affect Alliance controlled, Horde Controlled, and contested along with quests. Have this where it must be won over over multiple realms so one realm with 80 percent horde does not overwhelm. Have this affect lore and the novels. Not that they would do anything like this. But, it would make for world PvP.

Sadly, world PvP has been long dead. Blizzard can "bring war to the factions" with MoP but that doesn't necessarily mean world PvP. You'll never see the scale of PvP that we seen in Sithilus(AQ Gates), Naxx40 platform or even SS/TM again. Even the world dragons promoted world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Remember those towers in EPL that were made to encourage world PvP?
    If you're implying that those tower were useless and didn't promote world pvp, you clearly didn't play on Illidan or any other high pop original PvP launch server.

Edit: You forgot Halaa, which was a massive (nearly) 24 hour PvP bloodbath for nearly all of BC on the "-drama" realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advilnaar View Post
    I do not have beta, but from what i hear so far: you will have decent WPvP first month or so. No flying mounts.

With cross realm lower level zones AND pandas which must be leveled, you will have stuff happening as well. At least on PvP servers. But.. wasnt that the reason you rolled PvP?

As far as a permanent fix for WPvP, you got to have some element of sandbox. Maybe phased zones and be able to affect Alliance controlled, Horde Controlled, and contested along with quests. Have this where it must be won over over multiple realms so one realm with 80 percent horde does not overwhelm. Have this affect lore and the novels. Not that they would do anything like this. But, it would make for world PvP.
    I never really understood why WoW didn't try to implement some WAR-like elements with faction-controllable quest hubs or graveyards or whatevers. The bonus Tol Barad dailies are a nice example of something that could work, but why not have a zone have elements like that, 24/7? You can always turn in the quests to NPCs which will always be present, but you can only get the quests if the faction-controlled NPCs are present.