Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PS3 game suggestions

Hello MMO-Champion, I am coming to you in hopes of finding some new games to play.
    I recently picked up a PS3, and with great disappointed I found out the two games I bought for it I didn't like too much. So, I'm here to ask for some suggestions for games, whether indie gems or blockbuster titles I absolutely must play.
    I personally prefer the shooter, action, and RPG genres but am open to play anything!

If you haven't yet, try Dragon's Dogma. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Hello MMO-Champion, I am coming to you in hopes of finding some new games to play.
    I recently picked up a PS3, and with great disappointed I found out the two games I bought for it I didn't like too much. So, I'm here to ask for some suggestions for games, whether indie gems or blockbuster titles I absolutely must play.
    I personally prefer the shooter, action, and RPG genres but am open to play anything!
    Get the three Uncharted games. It's one of Playstation's "flagship" titles; the games are brilliant, beautiful, cinematic action/adventures, and have pretty much the best voice acting you can find. The first two games are available in one package, and all three are must haves for all PS3 owners.

Other good, exclusive games not available for other platforms that I can recommend:

God of War 3 (action)
    The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (action/adventure) - these are HD remakes of the best two PS2 games, still amazing

Demon's Souls
    (action/RPG) - Predecessor of Dark Souls, only available for PS3
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted Series
    Heavy Rain
    Red Dead Redemption
    God of War
    Dark souls
    Demon Souls

All them are masterpieces

I would 1st collect some of the exclusives.

Metal Gear Solid 4
    Uncharted series
    God of War 3
    Dark/Demon Souls
    Heavy Rain
    Motorstorm series

And of course you have the HD remasters.
    Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
    God of War 1 & 2
    Tomb Raider series

If you are into shooters Battlefield 3 is pretty damn awesome. Max Payne 3 has just come out I think so that's another good option. There really is plenty to choose from it's just whatever you prefer.

Metal Gear Solid 4. Best game I have ever played. By far. Just everything about it was incredible.

buy the Metal Gear series thank me later

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the same situation as you, I picked up MGS 1-4 Loved them to heck! the Ico&Shadow of the colossus finished Shadow, Stuck in Ico,Ratchet and Clank...It may look like a kids game but it's really addictive and the Uncharted if you're into 3rd person shooters/Platform games

Uncharted series
    Starhawk is amazing if your looking for a multiplayer shooter
    metal gear is good
    as said above the remakes are always good too if you don't have em yet

Uncharted....... ????

WHY DONT YOU ALREADY HAVE UNCHARTED ONE TWO AND THREE? ITS THE ONLY REASON A PS3 IS WORTHY OF OWNING WTF MATE.

/FakeRage
    Seriously though, Get Uncharted.

Uncharted. All three of them. I believe there's a double pack available that has the first two games.

There are other good PS3 exclusives, but Uncharted is what makes Xbox fanboys cry themselves to sleep.

Deleted
    Mags worth a look if u can get it for £10, 256 player battles are cool for a while...

Plus theres a load of free games to play in Playstation Home.

Im dissapointed in the first 3 posters since it took 4 posts to get MGS4 mentioned which is a reason enough to get a ps3.

Valkyria Chronicles
    Disgaea 4
    Devil May Cry 4
    +you have access to the PS store which has awesome games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, FF4, 5, 6, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    I recently picked up a PS3, and with great disappointed I found out the two games I bought for it I didn't like too much.
    ANd those were... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im dissapointed in the first 3 posters since it took 4 posts to get MGS4 mentioned which is a reason enough to get a ps3.
    Never been interested in MGS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    God of War HD collection 1.
    God of War 3.
    Uncharted 1-3.
    Infamous 1-2
    Ratchet and Clank 1-3 HD
    Ratchet and Clank 4 and 6. *5 is a mini version*
    Mass Effect 2 and 3.
    Bioshock 1-2
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    Killzone 1-3
    Prototype.
    Devil May Cry 4, HD versions.
    Jak HD 1-3

Jak, Ratchet and Clank are kiddish games, but they are shooter, and have darkish themes, and I have enjoyed them from the age of 12- 19

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Never been interested in MGS :P
    ^also this.
    Tried playing MGS4 once, I died in the first level to those chicken walkers, I DIDN'T WANT TO READ THE TUTORIAL OKAY!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

buy yourself playstation plus btw, its well worth it.
    rather than paying £40 for 1 game, and getting bored of it after a week. you spend £40 for 1 year access to playstation plus and get loads of goodies. including free games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 4. Best game I have ever played. By far. Just everything about it was incredible.
    If Metal Gear Solid is the best game you've ever played, you've played some pretty shitty games. I don't want to disrespect MGS4. I just replayed it for the 4th time, but the game does so many things wrong, it's not even funny. At least it's an improvement over MGS3.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    If Metal Gear Solid is the best game you've ever played, you've played some pretty shitty games. I don't want to disrespect MGS4. I just replayed it for the 4th time, but the game does so many things wrong, it's not even funny. At least it's an improvement over MGS3.
    How many other 10/10 rated games are there this gen? Except for GTA 4?
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-05-27 at 01:19 PM.