Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    I can't imagine this is worth doing compared to farming bosses and elites with nephalem valor.
    LoL. Really a 30 min butcher run compared to this that takes one minute. I can kill this guy 20-25 times before you kill Butcher once, I guess you failed statistics. 20-25 kills yields better results that 2 boss kills on Butcher counting the Warden. Also I have been farming it in my full MF set of 250% because you kill the rare so fast you dont need resists. Usually 1 yellow sometimes 2 per kill. Also most of them time 1-2 chests gotten yellows from them. Did I mention it takes one minute from start to kill? Also try getting 5 stacks on a butcher run with full MF gear and no resists. I guess you can gear swap before the mob dies but I detest that.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-06-06 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Shouldnt a zombiebears build just instantly mow him down?

Depends; if he spawns with abilities like reflect damage or shielding, that counters the zombie bear build pretty effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    LoL. Really a 30 min butcher run compared to this that takes one minute. I can kill this guy 20-25 times before you kill Butcher once, I guess you failed statistics. 20-25 kills yields better results that 2 boss kills on Butcher counting the Warden. Also I have been farming it in my full MF set of 250% because you kill the rare so fast you dont need resists. Usually 1 yellow sometimes 2 per kill. Also most of them time 1-2 chests gotten yellows from them. Did I mention it takes one minute from start to kill? Also try getting 5 stacks on a butcher run with full MF gear and no resists. I guess you can gear swap before the mob dies but I detest that.
    You're not taking into account the packs you'll meet on the way to the Butcher and the effect of NV on the boss (often in excess of 10 blues/yellows). You might be able to kill the Warrior's rest mob 20 times, but I'll probably encounter 5-10 packs, then have a boss that drops the same as another 5-10 packs. With MF gear swapping, it obviously goes up.

I only did this a couple of times so i can't comment on how good (or bad) that spot is, but a nice tip for barbarians is to use WotB with insanity, Earthquake with giant's stride and Call of the ancients with Talic's anger. Just go in pop everything (my other skills are frenzy with sidearm, revenge with provocation and war cry with impunity) watch everything dying in seconds leave game and upon entering the game again all your cds are reset so you can run it pretty fast.

edit
    Really fast, can do it ~30 secs, but the drops are crap, but so is all the stuff that drops in A1. Don't really have a choice though, as my barb still can't handle A2.
    Last edited by Sobedesce; 2012-06-06 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    I found the best way to farm gear for my barb was to level a wizard, move all champs/rares in Whimsyshire to one corner, clear all the normal mobs, go do a Butcher run to get 5x nephalem and go bonkers on the clouds/pinata in Whimsyshire.

I made close to 8 million in two days farming this place, I just vendored anything I didn't think would sell, and then I sold most of the rares i got for around 75k unless it was extremely good (I have a ring worth millions of gold that I'm using that I found from doing this). I used a zombie bears build with around 180 MF and 12-14k base dps (went up a lot with soul harvest), and you basically pop you cooldowns and hope they die before spirit vessel runs out. Only packs that gave me any kind of problem was shielding and plagued, just because they take so much less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I found the best way to farm gear for my barb was to level a wizard, move all champs/rares in Whimsyshire to one corner, clear all the normal mobs, go do a Butcher run to get 5x nephalem and go bonkers on the clouds/pinata in Whimsyshire.
    I've been farming Whimsyshire on my Witch Doctor now, since I'm decked to the teeth in gear and can pretty much faceroll the place now (64k base dps on a WD, which goes up to around 86k with soul harvest). A couple tips: You can get 5 stacks of neph valor in about 5 minutes going to the forgotten woods (the WP after drowned temple, it may be festering woods). There is two packs outside, two inside the buildings, and one event near down south near the bridge which spawns the fifth and they are all in close proximity. Lastly, I don't recommend going over 200 MF with neph valor up. I say this because I would go in with 260 MF and open clouds and the such, and get two blues from every single cloud put together, and then I go in with 195 MF and get a blue nearly every cloud. I may be crazy, and it could just be rng, but when the droprate goes up 300-400%, that says something to me, and that something is that having two much MF is most likely bugged right now.

I've can do pony runs pretty efficiently now even in mf gear (195-200mf the whole time). The only time it gets a little hard is when my barb friend insists on coming and he gets raped by anything that moves in there and basically just makes it twice as hard without providing much usefulness lol
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Depends; if he spawns with abilities like reflect damage or shielding, that counters the zombie bear build pretty effectively.
    Well that would hurt the almighty DH and Wiz as well. Just run back out, relog, and get a new set of affixes.

Did a few runs of this on my Monk in Inferno and sometimes he can get some really nasty mods like (arcane enchanted-jailer-desecrate) or the ever popular immune minions.

Actually found the gold farm vid much more effective and also got some decent drops in the process..

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, it's an inferno-level rare boss, with four sometimes very nasty abilities. If it's "very easy" for you, then I would surmise any champions and rares are easy for you. Which is interesting; I didn't think monks were an OP champion / rare killer class.

Unless of course I'm missing something and this particular rare is somehow easier than any other rare.
    With enough gear monks are awesome for killing champs/elites in A1 as long as they are melee.
    In my defensive build I got 922 all resist and 26k DPS, there's nothing at all in Inferno a1 that can come close to killing me and everything melts away and it's much easier with the monk than it is for my 40k DPS demon hunter (40k before SS is counted in)

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    open them

never seen anything note worthy drop in act 1

what was the best of the rares you showed at the end?
    http://i.imgur.com/Xsyko.jpg when I was farming there last week.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    With enough gear monks are awesome for killing champs/elites in A1 as long as they are melee.
    In my defensive build I got 922 all resist and 26k DPS, there's nothing at all in Inferno a1 that can come close to killing me and everything melts away and it's much easier with the monk than it is for my 40k DPS demon hunter (40k before SS is counted in)
    You quoted my post from 23 days ago, and things have obviously changed a lot since. The price of stats on gear has come down immensely, and the gold AH is flooded with great gear for cheap prices now. You can even get a 1000 DPS one hander quite cheaply now.

I geared my wizard since, with simple cheap purchases from the AH, and while act 2 and act 3 aren't exactly easy for me yet, act 1 I can run through with my eyes shut. I wouldn't be surprised at all if monks could kill any champions in act 1 with very cheap gear by now. Also, knowing what I know now about the monks and how they play, as well as how easy act 1 actually is when you think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could have farmed that guy or any other champion in act 1 quite easily on a monk.

The post I made was made 11 days into the game though as I said, and things have changed quite a bit since. 922 resist all would have been pretty impressive 23 days ago. Quoting my post from back then isn't exactly fair nor does it have relevant information anymore, but rather than go edit my old posts I thought people would understand they're old, with old information.

Deleted
    Been trying it for an hour with only 100 MF on inferno. Died a few times to annoying affixes, got a few yellows and lots of blues, nice amount of gold but nothing usable or worth putting on the AH. May try again with better MF gear.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Been trying it for an hour with only 100 MF on inferno. Died a few times to annoying affixes, got a few yellows and lots of blues, nice amount of gold but nothing usable or worth putting on the AH. May try again with better MF gear.
    Same for me as well, but im only a little shy of 100% MF, so maybe someone in the 200's would have better luck. As for affixes, its a lot of those mobs who redirect damage, which hurts a lot lol.

Did try the other place, less blue drops and even less yellows, with a lil bit better gold drop rate.