Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    there is ALWAYS an alternative to suicide.. it's called "cowboy up"
    You would be wrong then. No-one in this thread with all the suicide hate has come up with one yet for me (and no I don't expect them to, it is just a point I'm making).

8 mental health care professionals couldn't come up with even ONE alternative to suicide.

Can't see how you can keep saying there is an alternative, when no-one can even come up with one.

I've tried and failed.. Getting myself a motorcycle next year *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - I'm talking about what if there ACTUALLY is no alternatives.
    I know why, that is why I know why there is no way out.
    Yeah - I could work from it if I had the financial resources to carry them out...
    Well, if you truly choose to just be defeated, which I can get, then you can justify any choice you make.
    Lets say you literally had nothing, fuck your comfort zone that is getting you more nothing, and go shelter up. Go work the system. Go let some self preservation and creative thinking work for you.
    You can get back whatever you Have now if you had to loose it. Objects are just chains anyhow.
    You are going to eventually have to do something that the you rite now is not going to like, hard choices suck nuts, but you are not alone, just believing you are, unless you are literally alone, then go hang out at an AA meeting.. or in a public place.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Well, if you truly choose to just be defeated, which I can get, then you can justify any choice you make.
    This isn't about choice, I don't even get to choose when I go to bed.

Lets say you literally had nothing, fuck your comfort zone that is getting you more nothing, and go shelter up. Go work the system. Go let some self preservation and creative thinking work for you.
    Yeah - how do you think I got from having almost nothing to having actually nothing.

You can get back whatever you Have now if you had to loose it. Objects are just chains anyhow.
    Objects I agree with, however the ability to just go and get the treatment I need - well that would be something nice to have.

You are going to eventually have to do something that the you rite now is not going to like, hard choices suck nuts, but you are not alone, just believing you are, unless you are literally alone, then go hang out at an AA meeting.. or in a public place.
    Literally alone, as in no-one to communicate with short of threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitler View Post
    Good lord. This topic is still going? People are now just repeating eachother. So what's the point?
    While you have a point, honestly no one's come up with something worth-while to tell the OP or to use as a realistic alternative.

There's been dozens upon dozens of self proclaimed experts who have told him what to do, but upon his counter reasoning, they predictably fade away. The only people still active in here are the people who're arguing the definition of "Coward" and the people arguing with them.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    They would be valid if we were living in the 1500s with no available treatment. However, treatment is available.

If they don't want treatment, then clearly the only option they have is to gain the guts to end it. Seeking approval from the rest of us is useless and gets them nothing.
    Treatment over 26 years clearly hasn't worked.

I never asked for anyone's approval, I have simply tried and failed so many time's over the years.

I have seen 100's of doctor's, phsychologists, phsychiatrists, counciller's, mental health groups, sites, drop in's, books, life skill packs and of course medication, changed over and over again with different tablets, dosage's etc....
    At the end of the day, none of it has helped, I still feel suicidal but I wont go through with it yet as I have chosen to fight it and have been for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFluclox View Post
    This is actually an interesting topic. My way of thinking is this :

1 - Suicide is incredibly selfish towards people around you. Just because YOU think you aren't loved, this does not mean that you aren't. More often than not, it's because YOU aren't making the effort to go out there and change things.

2 - Putting a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger seems far easier than going out, getting a degree, talking to people, finding love, getting married, having kids, the whole shebang. Therefore, it's also taking the easier way out.

3 - Facing your demons as opposed to running away from them is the essence of growing up. Committing suicide is running away from them, and sorry, but this makes you cowardly.

4 - My biggest feeling about this is that I honestly don't care. If someone commits suicide, I tend to think "Ok, a weak person has left the building. Survival of the fittest at it's finest". If you commit suicide, you are inherently weak. Don't give me crap about not having stuff happened in my life, I was bullied hard when I was young, due to racists, due to being the geek. Know what I did? I manned the fuck up and knocked two of them out. Bullying over. And yet I constantly read of people committing suicide because of bullying? Come on, grow a pair. The same for love. "OH NO MY PARTNER LEFT ME, I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE!". Bullshit, there's not one person for every other on the planet, there are more out there.

Give me a damn legit reason for suicide, outside of someone who's 90 years old and on their deathbed with a terminal illness as it is, and maybe i'll give you some credit.
    1. I KNOW I am loved and I HAVE tried to change the way I think and feel for many, many years. You don't understand how hard it is to feel this way.

2. I HAVE talked to people, I AM married, I DO have a child (from a previous relationship to my wife). However I am unable to work due to my mental health and seizure's, but I have worked in the past and keep fighting to become well enough to work again.

3. I have been facing demon's ALL OF MY LIFE. I'm tired and had enough, the world is changing rapidly for the worst, and my health is deteriating on many level's due to mental health, seizure's and a few more thing's I am not of liberty to discuss on a public forum.

4. This is where YOU have failed completely to have any compassion or understanding of anyone like me or other's put there. YOU simply DO NOT CARE.
    Bully's due to race and being a 'geek' ?? IS THAT ALL?? Bully's are the weak one's, always going round in a little gang. I been there and done that, bullied all through school for so many silly reason's, one day I done the same thing, I stood up to all 5 of the ringleader's (at the current time in high school) and I took them all out. I was punished by the school, but they never touched me or my friend's again.
    The bullying was nothing, NOTHING compared to what I have witnessed and had happen to myself and my family. How DARE you try to be the judge.
    In this case, YOU are the bully who doesn't have a care in the world and have picked at this thread without even wanting to try to understand how we feel.

I have taken offense to your post and reported it. Yes, that is me standing up to a bully, YOU.
    I suggest you take a stroll round to somewhere to see and meet people like us, hear about our pain, then call us weak.

This thread is so full of hate and anger from those that simply do not understand.

MODS, please end this discussion as it is not helping the OP and is just aggrivating the people that do not understand.

There are plenty of forum's out there that do have people with similar expierance's and advice of how they have either overcome or cope with these feeling's. They are better place's than here:
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf...c382aef66b4954

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You would be wrong then. No-one in this thread with all the suicide hate has come up with one yet for me (and no I don't expect them to, it is just a point I'm making).

8 mental health care professionals couldn't come up with even ONE alternative to suicide.

Can't see how you can keep saying there is an alternative, when no-one can even come up with one.
    Are you ever going to stop? Want an alternative to suicide? It's really simple, I promise:

Don't commit suicide.

You said you weren't "depressed" when you were married and had a job. Wanna get undepressed? Stop being lazy and get a job and go meet some women.

If you're only suicidal when you're unemployed and out of a relationship, you don't have chronic depression.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goody, a thread where people who have never experienced the chronic, crippling, nearly insurmountable pain of clinical depression tell people who have to "cowboy up" or "snap out of it" or whatever. You don't tell somebody with a broken leg to walk it off, why would you tell somebody with depression to buck up?

Edit: on topic, I don't know that you have to be brave to do the deed. The pain just has to be worse than your fear of death. It certainly isn't something I'd describe as cowardly, however.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-06-01 at 01:17 AM.

I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone say suicide is for cowards.
    Then again I don't listen to people who fanboy god and donate to his livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    They would be valid if we were living in the 1500s with no available treatment. However, treatment is available.

If they don't want treatment, then clearly the only option they have is to gain the guts to end it. Seeking approval from the rest of us is useless and gets them nothing.
    And what about people who have tried treatment, and it didn't work? It's not that uncommon for antidepressants to either not help, or actually make it worse. I've been to multiple psychologists, and tried several antidepressants. Never helped, and made it worse once. Doesn't help that I'm practically immune to drugs anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's enough. Depression/suicide is such a sensitive topic. These threads tend to end with a lot of people belittling anyone who has considered it, and not giving any real advice. Which, I wouldn't expect online. There are many types of therapists you can see to discuss this, but asking online isn't going to end well, ever.