Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    But there are differences. Look at the world bench press records for men and women, how about the 100m sprint? To say males and females are not different at all shows that it is indeed you that is incorrect.
    So the dude that holds the world bench press record wouldn't have made the same efforts as a woman? Would his lifetime of work not have paid of the same? Does the guys potential lie in his genitals or himself? And if we had the exact same life as him in every way, would he still be better because he as a person had that talent or is it all just biology?

And remember when people thought women were less intelligent than men? At the time results showed that. But once girls were expected to perform at the same levels, they have.
    Last edited by mmoc30b4190132; 2012-05-26 at 03:43 PM.

this is the requirement to get in, right?

when you get in,you are trained. You grow stronger with training, if you are a hassle you will be dismissed, right?

woman without training, are weaker than man without training. I've no idea how military around the world works, here on Brazil you need to do a training before being assigned to anything, the training is equal to everyone (runs/push ups, etc). If the woman/man isn't able to perform well under training they will be dismissed. If a woman who wasn't able to perform under training is sent to battle, you should be complaining to your superiors, because they are being the incompetent ones in this situation.

The way you say it, sounds like they are asking you to do some pushups and go to battle the next day.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Equal pay should = Equal standards.
    This sums up my thoughts on the matter pretty well. If you are going to be out on the front lines everybody should be held to the same standards. Like you said, if you can't carry a wounded soldier out of the fight, you shouldn't be there.

This isn't a matter of saying that women shouldn't be allowed to serve. This is about making sure that every soldier is kept to the same standards.

Deleted
    I'm for complete equality when it comes to this. Women should be allowed to do any jobs in the military that a man can do - if they meet the requirements.
    The requirements are there for a reason. It should be the minimal ability you need in something to be able to do the job well.

If you argue that there are roles and jobs where these requirements are not needed and that lower requirements are all right, then that is a problem with the requirements for those specific jobs being wrong overall. Then they need to be lowered to a more sensible standard - for men and women both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    So the dude that holds the world bench press record wouldn't have made the same efforts as a woman? Would his lifetime of work not have paid of the same? Does the guys potential lie in his genitals or himself? And if we had the exact same life as him in every way, would he still be better because he as a person had that talent or is it all just biology?
    Same efforts or not, women are physiologically weaker than men at the peak of fitness. you cannot deny the science.

Rich, I don't see what your mad about. Women are not going to be in front line infantry units, what else do they need to be "equal" for?

So you seem to be under the impression that everyone in the military performs some physical task. Obviously that's not true. My girlfriend was in the Navy for six years and she worked intel. Realistically she would never see a combat situation, and she would agree that women should not, but she is bright and I'm sure she performed her job well.

Same efforts or not, women are physiologically weaker than men at the peak of fitness. you cannot deny the science.
    Yup, but that's completely irrelevant since women are not put in combat situations.

I agree that the requirement should be equal. If the requirement is what is deemed neccassary to perform fully then how can it suddenly be viewed viable to have a lower requirement for females? It makes no sense to me at all. If you have to run 2 miles in 14 minutes then you have to run 2 miles in 14 minutes, if thats the difference between life and death then why would you even want to pass the test knowing you can't meet that in a real situation? Like holy crap if I want to the military and they said "You can have a lower requirement but you will be under the same pressure." id tell them fuck no, if I don't have everything that is required for the situation I dont want to be in the situation.

True but an average woman changing things and a system that is set up to work with her, will achieve the results you are expecting. Thing is the woman and the system have to be working in concert to do that. If one fails the other won't make it happen alone.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    Rich, I don't see what your mad about. Women are not going to be in front line infantry units, what else do they need to be "equal" for?
    Might want to tell the higher ups that. They are trying to pilot a program allowing female officers to go to infantry officer course, and go to basic/ait for infantry this year. the marines are working on the same program ..... >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    So you seem to be under the impression that everyone in the military performs some physical task. Obviously that's not true. My girlfriend was in the Navy for six years and she worked intel. Realistically she would never see a combat situation, and she would agree that women should not, but she is bright and I'm sure she performed her job well.
    that is fine and well. The OP wasn't about what the standards should be, just that they should be equal.
    Network administrators, intel analysts, and other desk jobs shouldn't have heavy physical requirements for anyone (except for the marine corps, every marine a is a rifleman and can be thrown into the infantry, right down to the desk jockeys). Standards should be based on your job but if your job requires physical fitness, it should be the same requirements regardless of gender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    No such thing as front line in todays conflicts, look at how many convoys or small FOB's are attacked.

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 04:54 PM ----------

Yup, but that's completely irrelevant since women are not put in combat situations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    that is fine and well. The OP wasn't about what the standards should be, just that they should be equal.
    Network administrators, intel analysts, and other desk jobs shouldn't have heavy physical requirements for anyone (except for the marine corps, every marine a is a rifleman and can be thrown into the infantry, right down to the desk jockeys). Standards should be based on your job but if your job requires physical fitness, it should be the same requirements regardless of gender.
    I agree with that, and I *think* most women would as well. And yeah, the marines are a special case as you say. They have much tougher physical requirements in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Women seem to be more mentally capable though - atleast i have yet to hear about them going on a murder spree - they maybe break down crying but thats preferable to someone who breaks down by killing civilians
    You can't really look at that case and glean that women are more mentally capable of handling combat. That's such a tenuous link it barely even requires a rebuttal. There's so many factors you glossed over to get that dig in there I just hope it was dry sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    d. Lastly, they always end up fucking multiple dudes within the company which leads to drama all of its own, jealousy, and ultimately degraded combat efficency. We have had trains run (if you kow what i mean) on certain females in the barracks who are more than proud to say that they have been banging every dude in the building.
    Your officers should disciplin them, or are they first in line? rofl

I kid!

I've never heard of anyting like it tbh, relationships, yup, not uncommon(like any work place) but not a damn gangbang in the baracks.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Women do not belong in Combat Arms. Ever.
    Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

Women have just as much right as men do to be in the military. Gender equality and all that. People need to stop living in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalypso View Post

Women have just as much right as men do to be in the military. Gender equality and all that. People need to stop living in the past.
    I agree, but they should have the same equal standards as the men.

Quote Originally Posted by khalypso View Post

It has nothing to do with gender equality. This is obviously rhetorical as women are not put in combat situations currently, but females simply are not capable of performing combat duties at the same level as a man. They're not, this is just a reality, and no legislation will make them so.

If you truly want equality then you must agree as women cannot perform the same (physical) tasks as a man, and lowering the bar so that women can is a really, really bad idea.

Deleted
    It has nothing to do with gender equality. This is obviously rhetorical as women are not put in combat situations currently, but females simply are not capable of performing combat duties at the same level as a man. They're not, this is just a reality, and no legislation will make them so.

If you truly want equality then you must agree as women cannot perform the same (physical) tasks as a man, and lowering the bar so that women can is a really, really bad idea.
    But women are in combat situations, those convoys are bullet magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post

I've never heard of anyting like it tbh, relationships, yup, not uncommon(like any work place) but not a damn gangbang in the baracks.
    Everyone I know who was in the infantry tells stories like these. I guess it would be the same if it was 1 man in a barracks with many more women! And a lucky sod he would be....