10+ Year Old Account

If Izual doesnt drop herding plan.......

So if u didnt get the plan........
    u can buy it for 1 gold after the fight from gorell the quartermaster......in bastion keep
    edit: every one of em...depends on wich lvl u are

Deleted
    I was under the impression this is only the case after it has actually dropped. Just asked a friend to check who has killed Izual on normal, nightmare and hell and it didn't drop...and it doesn't seem to be available from the quartermaster for him. For me however, as it has dropped, it is available.

He has a chance to drop the Normal staff plan from any difficulty (got mine on Hell earlier today). The upgrade-plans are available from the Keep vendor once you reach the start of Act 4, or some unspecified point in Act 4, not sure about which one it is. You don't need the Normal plan in order to buy the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    i DIDNT have the plans on normal .....and i bought them......on nightmare they dropped....and on hell i bought them also....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He has a chance to drop the Normal staff plan from any difficulty (got mine on Hell earlier today). The upgrade-plans are available from the Keep vendor once you reach the start of Act 4, or some unspecified point in Act 4, not sure about which one it is. You don't need the Normal plan in order to buy the others.
    I'm pretty sure you have to complete the mode to be able to buy the plan for that mode's staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to complete the mode to be able to buy the plan for that mode's staff.
    You do not. After getting the normal pattern the nightmare hell and inferno patterns are available from the vendor on reaching act IV in each respective difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Nope, I bought the Hell plan an hour and a half before I got my first Diablo kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    So if u didnt get the plan........
    u can buy it for 1 gold after the fight from gorell the quartermaster......in bastion keep
    edit: every one of em...depends on wich lvl u are
    Wrong...
    You need the plans from Izual no matter what..

Quatermaster in Bastion Keep sells the plans you need to upgrade the staff to Nightmare/Hell/Inferno..