Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Losing those few last pounds

Hi there, since a few months my weight has stabilized to a nice 68 kg coming from 100 kg.
    However I feel like I should weigh about 63 kg for my height.
    I got a lot of tummy fat/skin left (also got love handles) so I'd want to remove that (it really looks awful) but I really have no idea how.
    I go running every 2 days for half an hour and my food schedule basicaly looks like this:
    Breakfast at 6:30 AM: Cereal with milk
    Snack at 10 AM: An apple or a banana
    Lunch at 12:30 PM: Bread with jam/skim-milk cheese
    Snack at 15:45 PM: Apple/banana/grapes/low calorie cookie
    Dinner at 19:00 PM: whatever my parents cook for me (usually fat foods with not a lot of vegetables altho I complain every day about it)

So ye, what do you guys think I should do? (:
    Thanks in advance.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

If you could provide more details....
    Other than that, when i was losing weight, i didn't really eat what my parents did.... i made my own healthy version of food, which is what you should do as well.
    I guess you consume whole-wheat products, and i'd personally suggest to avoid those cookies as there's sugar regardless of calories!
    As for the cereals still whole-wheat it is... and most certainly not full fat milk, but not 0% either!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-05-26 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd avoid starchy / carb filled foods (breads / cereals) if you're really trying to cut those last few pounds... sugar doesn't help either... (jam / bananas)
    Get lots of lean proteins in your system, they fill you up and have very low calories(chicken breast / turkey / tuna)

tummy fat and love handles indicates that you do very little or no cardio / core strengthening exercises,
    Go for a run / jog/ bike ride in the morning first thing on an empty stomach for 20-30 minutes every day at a moderate pace.
    Find time in your day to do sit-ups / crunches and even Pilates while you're watching TV

Diet is in my opinion 70% of importance in weight loss, with the remaining 30% being exercising / being active!

And this last tip is probably one of the most important... DRINK WATER If you're having less than 3 liters a day, you're probably doing it wrong

Hope this helps
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure -Napoleon Hill

Your daily menu is stacked with carbs and I see almost no fat or protein. That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    Hi there, since a few months my weight has stabilized to a nice 68 kg coming from 100 kg.
    I got a lot of tummy fat/skin left (also got love handles) so I'd want to remove that (it really looks awful) but I really have no idea how.
    I go running every 2 days for half an hour and my food schedule basicaly looks like this:
    Breakfast at 6:30 AM: Cereal with milk
    Snack at 10 AM: An apple or a banana
    Lunch at 12:30 PM: Bread with jam/skim-milk cheese
    Snack at 15:45 PM: Apple/banana/grapes/low calorie cookie
    Dinner at 19:00 PM: whatever my parents cook for me (usually fat foods with not a lot of vegetables altho I complain every day about it)

So ye, what do you guys think I should do? (:
    Thanks in advance.
    ditch the bread, dairy, preservatives (jelly/jam). replace cereal with plain oatmeal. eat more protein (fish, chicken). you have a really terrible protein intake on this meal plan of yours. do your cardio workout first thing when you wake up, eat after. grab some fish oil capsules (omega 3/6's) and a proper multivitamin. then remind yourself that it will take months to get that last bit off, stick to the diet and exercise and you'll be set.

also low calorie cookie still = crap.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Could I ask how old you are?
    I'm turning 19 next thursday.
    I'm not really sure how I could change my diet to get more proteins in.
    I have never eaten fish before and the times I have eaten fish I was sick after (had to throw up every time) but I guess I could try eating it again and see what happens.
    I'll switch my cereal to oatmeal and drop the cookie. :P
    Not sure what I can swap my bread for since I can't really cook anything while at university. (Altho I have finals atm and summer holidays after)

The things I can eat have to be realistic for a kid that lives with his parents and goes to school.
    Once I have my own place I'll devote as much time as I can to eating healthy (no cookies in my home!).

I have never eaten fish before and the times I have eaten fish I was sick after (had to throw up every time) but I guess I could try eating it again and see what happens.
    Not sure what I can swap my bread for since I can't really cook anything while at university. (Altho I have finals atm and summer holidays after)

The things I can eat have to be realistic for a kid that lives with his parents and goes to school.
    Once I have my own place I'll devote as much time as I can to eating healthy (no cookies in my home!).
    I'm sure there's oatmeal cereal available, just look for it in the shop. Looks like this:

Lose the low-fat products. Don't be afraid of whole milk, fats in milk are very healthy. Also forcing your body to get energy from fats encourages fat burn.

Get your parents to buy the whole heads of romaine lettuce at the grocery store (can usually get a bag of 3 heads for 3 bucks), and use a leaf of it to make a wrap instead of bread or tortilla wraps.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    I'm sure there's oatmeal cereal available, just look for it in the shop. Looks like this:

Lose the low-fat products. Don't be afraid of whole milk, fats in milk are very healthy. Also forcing your body to get energy from fats encourages fat burn.
    I'd still say get plain oatmeal. If you can't get used to the flavor (or lack thereof), squirt in some 0 calorie maple syrup or some cinnamon and a packet of stevia.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

tummy fat and love handles indicates that you do very little or no cardio / core strengthening exercises,
    Go for a run / jog/ bike ride in the morning first thing on an empty stomach for 20-30 minutes every day at a moderate pace.
    Find time in your day to do sit-ups / crunches and even Pilates while you're watching TV
    this is nonsense.

Please explain why if you're going to post something like this...
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-28 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    this is nonsense.

Please explain why if you're going to post something like this...
    It's nonsense because amount of cardio/core strengthening exercises have very little to do with that other than caloric deficit. Eat less, move more, get adequate protein (from .6-1g/lb per bodyweight) is a good starting point.

You've listed what you eat but not how many calories you're eating.

Start with this and adjust as needed http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ic-intake.html. Also, do some sort of weight training hitting each body part 2x a week, 2 full body workouts a week is a good starting point.

dat dere cell tech

Is there a difference between oatmeal and cereal oatmeal?
    I found a box of oatmeal lying around the house and tried to eat it this morning with some milk but it tasted like cardboard and didn't manage to eat a lot of it. I probably ate the wrong type of oatmeal but don't know.

How tall are you exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    How tall are you exactly?
    About 1 meter 71 centimeters.
    Note: I should weigh that without having a lot of muscles.
    My brother in law is a bit shorter than me and he weighs 73 kg's but he's like a lot of muscles.
    I don't want to have an overkill of muscles, just want to look fit.

Deleted
    About 1 meter 71 centimeters.
    Note: I should weigh that without having a lot of muscles.
    My brother in law is a bit shorter than me and he weighs 73 kg's but he's like a lot of muscles.
    I don't want to have an overkill of muscles, just want to look fit.
    It takes years to get "overkill of muscles". That is the least of your concerns.

Deleted
    A lot of good pointers in this topic!
    For excersizing I'd suggest to add excersizes which target the desirable area(belly, inside of the legs, upperarms). Burning energy locally will increase the speed in which the fat will be broken down. So go do them crunches or core stability!

For food:
    Repeating Rawt's tip to avoid preservatives (often found in everything PRODUCED, which is a lot nowdays)!!!!! They stuff so much rubbish in such products
    Replace the banana by a different fruit or veggy! Banana's in general are healthy and have many benefits, but there are better fruits for diets, since bananas have a lot of fat and sugar.
    Milk (dairy products) aren't great for you. (Note: not everyone will agree) But try going a month without milk or dairy and drink it again, you will watch your stomach, it's likely your stomach will get upset. The mature human body is not exactly meant to digest milk. Furthermore milk is fat and often preservatives are added. Soy milk is a decent replacement but in my opinion not that tasteful. Sorry but water is the way to roll! (Or green or black tea, but be careful with what kind of rubbish they toss in those teabags)

Sorry since it's a frequent eaten dish in Netherlands and Belgium and I have no idea how I'd translate it. Vermijdt oma's en moeder's gebakken aardappeltjes! Daar gaat snel een half bakje boter in om de smakelijke, goudgele/bruine krokante aardappeltjes te krijgen. Ik bedoel toegeven aan lekker eten is een ding, maar men kan ook overdrijven!

Good luck and keep up the good work
    Last edited by mmoc45e723b82e; 2012-05-29 at 04:37 PM.

1. Eat more proteins. Lens, kidney beans, peas, corn and all this stuff, have a lot of proteins. Soy is by far the king.

2. Avoid fat from animals. Fat from plants ist preferable.

3. Make your own dinner.

Extra Virgin Olive oil and Flaxseed oil will be a very important addition.
    Tuna, wheat bread, Egg whites and lean chicken breasts (Pref free range no hormones) for protein.
    Cardio 2-3 times a week and if possible... Sauna.. Sauna. Body fat actually has a soft melting point which can be reached in a sauna and the sweating can help degrade that fat and make it easier to lose.
    Muscle building all around will be the best contender for everyday resting state fat fighter.
    Khaleesi has all the good points here.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
    For excersizing I'd suggest to add excersizes which target the desirable area(belly, inside of the legs, upperarms). Burning energy locally will increase the speed in which the fat will be broken down. So go do them crunches or core stability!
    This is not true at all.

I'd suggest doing a strength program once every week, including exercises such as the pank, push ups, squats etc (you can find a number of good exercises on any decent training forum, for example bodybuilding.com). In addition to this, if you want to working out to the minimum (aka, spend your time doing something other than working out), start out with one long (1 hour 30 min, cycling, running, skiing, etc.) and one shorter (40 min, higher average pulse) per week. As you get into better shape, swap out the 40 min workout with some type of HIIT-program (High-intensity interval training; you can read all about it by searching on google).

If you want to get serious about working out, start slow and work your way up towards 2xStrength, 2xHIIT and 2x1hour 30min+ per week.

PM me if you need help finding excercises.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"