Homeland security online word watchlist revealed!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pying-you.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvenco...working-sites/

Wow, some of those words are ridiculous. I mean some are obvious, some are just like..what? Pork? Because of Swine flu? I dearly hope they do not have super computers that read everything on the internet just to find people talking about the pork chops they ate last night...

---------- Post added 2012-05-26 at 08:52 PM ----------

Also funny that it took a freedom of information act request to get this list, it mostly seems pretty obvious to me :P

they should probably add "Mail Online" to the list, who really reads the Daily Mail?

Some of those words are fucking ridiculous and I think it's overkill.

Deleted
    so if I was to take my Girlfriend to Mexico and post on a social media site
    "hey you remember that night in Mexico where the there wasnt a cloud in the sky and we had a roasted pork meal on the balcony whilst watching the team of kids play soccer ?"
    Home land security alarms would be set off ? Jesus that's a scary thought.

I'm glad there's a red flag for the word "Lightening"; teaches those miss-spellers right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    they should probably add "Mail Online" to the list, who really reads the Daily Mail?
    I agree, People who buy the daily mail are the real threat to the world

15+ Year Old Account
    North Korea made me giggle.

Ps. Cloud of Pork in Mexico

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Regardless of the news organization that brought it to the attention, it is the list that was obtained with a freedom of information act request. If you have a problem with the fact that it is them, perhaps look at the evidence instead. It is not like they made it up, but you would rather rip on the source, despite the truth of the information, quite sad really :P

Pigs can catch flu viruses from humans, where new strains could grow, so why shouldn't there be a concern about pork?

Cool, I think I've set their computers off quite a bit.

Alot of words here are also WoW terms
    >burst, agro, threat, blizzard, looting, crash, mitigation, cartel (sneaky goblins), stranded/stuck.

Welp.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

'looting' poor guy that has to sift through mountains and mountains of wow related stuff to find anything worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    so if I was to take my Girlfriend to Mexico and post on a social media site
    "hey you remember that night in Mexico where the there wasnt a cloud in the sky and we had a roasted pork meal on the balcony whilst watching the team of kids play soccer ?"
    Home land security alarms would be set off ? Jesus that's a scary thought.
    One would assume - well, hope, really - that there are sensible people interpreting the information. And if you're posting something I Facebook, surely you're not too worried about who can and cannot see it? Same goes with using Google for looking something up. Your search data is saved by Google for marketing purposes, so what you search for isn't exactly private information.

I'll agree that an invasion of privacy is something to be concerned about, but I'm not that worried about Homeland Security having eyes on the internet looking for specific words being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Alot of words here are also WoW terms
    >burst, agro, threat, blizzard, looting, crash, mitigation, cartel (sneaky goblins), stranded/stuck.

Welp.
    Man, I really need to stop skimming over these lists. Completely missed all of those. That's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    'looting' poor guy that has to sift through mountains and mountains of wow related stuff to find anything worthwhile.
    Computers do it, to weed out all the innocuous ones, people do not see it for several filters I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Computers do it, to weed out all the innocuous ones, people do not see it for several filters I would imagine.
    Makes a lot more sense than what I said lol. Guess that whiskey sauce packed more of a punch than I thought :P